Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug su formula

Salve ,
    Vorrei portare all'attenzione un problema che si trova su Excel 2013 e successive ma pienamente funzionate sulla versione 2007 della formula per visualizzare il giorno della settimana . =TESTO(AX,"ggg") .
    Se digitiamo la formula come descritto la cella rimarrà vuota .
    Se invece modifichiamo la formula con =TESTO(Ax,"ddd") ecco che appare il risultato , per cui il giorno della settimana ma scritto in Ingese.
    Supporto mi dice che la funzionalità è obsoleta però in Inglese funziona.
    Chi mi ripaga il tempo che dovrei perdere per modificare tutte le formule concatenate di 4 anni di dati????
    Credo che gli…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add shift cells right when deleting cell(s)

I work a lot on evaluating sales performance.. some items have been there for the whole year, some not. if this option is available, it eases the process so all the ending year figures and the latest figures (for items < 1 year) will fall on the same column

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to be able to sort protected cells

I have set up a key control system for schools. There are cells that are protected that teachers can't change and cells that are not protected that they can. However, they need to be able to sort the teachers name alphabetically for key issue and turn in. Even though I have those cells are editable, because I have protected cells within it, I can't sort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Directions on how to remove manual line breaks in cell to add additional text.

Directions on how to remove a manual line break in cell/add text to existing text. I removed all the line breaks to make the information become one sentence in the cell.

When I cut and/or copy information from another cell to add to the sentence in the current cell it does not permit me to do this.

I need to sort a merged doc, which the system will not let me do. I un-merged & removed wrap text in the entire 200 line document. I need to take text from one cell and combine it with existing text. (In the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search as you type for Data Validation Drop Down List like Excel for Web & Gsheet.

I cant believe that such hard working Excel Team hasn't improved this feature in excel. I checked excel online version, it has this feature but to my surprise it only searches the list if first word found in list.

Say if you are searching for "Will Smith",

If you type "will" it will show you the match in dropdown.

But,

If you type "smi" it will NOT show anything from the list.

I mean this is really unbelievable. Years of development and still we are looking for ease of entering data. This should be there from the very start.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pasting between workbooks not happening

Let me copy between documents, every time I try to copy between documents the information is lost from clipboard, this is a fundamental requirement for excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We can have a shortcut to paste by value as ctrl+Shift+V

We have paste by values shortcut in online spread sheets. We can have that in Desktop Environment also.

So that we can paste the cells by only its values. Using CTRL+SHIFT+V

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide a way to color the cursor/ cursor box

Provide a way to color the cursor/ cursor box - so that when editing a row (or even the column) .... could be clearly identified.

MS customers have been asking this for years ... why this was not considered? It appears to be a simple option to offered to customers ... it helps with Excel use !!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy Sheet option for more than one

From the current excel, we can't copy more than one sheet. Currently we have to do one by one or VB script to do that. Please add copy sheet option with the user input numbers & sheet format option (which formatted sheet should we want to copy and create multiple times).
    And Add sheet option, please include the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Añadir a F4 un 4º comportamiento como "celda"#

Añadir 4º comportamiento a F4=> A1# para permitir funcionalidad en los nuevos Rangos/Matrices dinámicas.
    En su defecto añadir comportamiento a F4 mediante [Shift+F4], que no se está usando ahora.
    El comportamiento actual de F4 es:
    0 => …… A1 => [Shift+F4] A1#
    1 => [F4] $A$1 => [Shift+F4] $A$1#
    2 => [F4] A$1 => [Shift+F4] A$1#
    3 => [F4] $A1 => [Shift+F4] $A1#
    4 => [F4] A1 => [Shift+F4] A1#
    5 => [F4] A1#

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change "Whole number" to "Integer" in the Data Validation window

In the Data Validation window, please change the "Whole number" option to "Integer", since this option accepts negative numbers as well. "Whole number" is an ambiguous term that can mean all integers, only the integers ≥ 0, or only the integers ≥ 1. "Integer" is unambiguous and is shorter than "whole number".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Opheffen centreren van één cel

Als één enkele cel samengevoegd en gecentreerd is, dus eigenlijk enkel gecentreerd, kan het centreren niet ongedaan worden door samennvoegen en centreren op te heffen in excell of is er een oplossing die ik over het hoofd zie in help ?
    Het gaat om de cellen 12 B en 12 C in bijgevoegd bestand

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Go to special" - select every nth row/column

As some data sets may have dimensional data with 2 or more rows/columns of information for each major row/column, it would be handy for quick editing to be able to select every nth row or column for extracting or removing irrelevant information.

E.G. I have a table with Two columns of information for each quarterly period - the first of which is sales data (that I need to use) and the second column is just made up of indicators to footnotes (that I don't need and want to remove. This would also be practical for tables with blank rows/columns between…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update Powerpoint links from Excel files more efficiently

Team,

I am sure I am not the only one but I use heavily linking excel files to PPT slides in order to avoid copying and pasting each time there is an update to the numbers, charts etc. This obviously saves time and keeps contents accurate real time.

One of the major inconvenience is when I need to update an excel work book with different tab or range, I can't do that on the PPT linking section easily. Basically you need to recopy and paste the new section into slides again. Also, if you are saving presentations each month to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Version history of a file should be saved without the need of

Version history of a file should be saved without the need of exit the file, each time you want to keep a separate version.

File history without needing to save several versions as 1, 2 _3 or whatever, is great. However, to make the versions "stick" or be saved, without being overrun by the next "ctrl+S", we need to exit the file and open it again. (I am NOT in favour of aout-save, that saves without my control, so I personally have turned of that function.

It would be nice if the separate versions were saved just by "ctrl+S", not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. FROM MANY PC ONE EXCEL CAN BE MAINTAIN

One Excel can be operated from multiple desktop operator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Afficher nom de fichier, d'onglet, nombre et numéro de page tels qu'édités dans les hauts et bas de page

Afficher et imprimer noms de fichier, d'onglet, date, nombre et numéro de page tels qu'édités sur versions Windows/Mac dans les hauts et bas de page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base