Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dragging bottom row of multiple tables side-by-side should extend the tables not just the values in rows

If you have multiple tables in a sheet that are side-by-side and have blank columns between them and select the last row of all the tables to extend them, each of the tables should extend with it, not just the values. The values do extend but then you need to manually extend the tables to include the new values.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- STOP TRYING TO INSERT FORMULAS YOU THINK I AM GOIN TO USE NEXT.

HEY FUCKFACESATMICROSOFT- STOP TRYING TO INSERT FORMULAS YOU THINK I AM GOIN TO USE NEXT. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT FORMULA I WANT NEXT, SO STOP GETTING IN THE ******* WAY AND INSERT SHIT_I DO NOT WANT OR NEED.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Insert Picture / Share Option not easily visible

I consider myself Advance User of Excel, but suddenly I find difficult to Insert Picture which was so straight forward earlier. I took atleast a minute to figure out that Insert Picture, Shapes are not grouped under Illustrations.

My suggestion is to put Insert Picture, Shapes directly on the Ribbon instead of Illustrations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow cells to be dragged and dropped by mouse without getting and error EVERY TIME.

I was advised that we are no longer able to highlight and drag a cell using the mouse to another cell and get an error 'by design'.

I suggest one of two solutions:
    1) Change the design so we can move cells by mouse without getting an error.
    2) Allow us to disable clipboard comparison in Excel so that if we don't want that error, we don't get it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Everybody would like searchable drop down list for every rows without macros.

Everybody would like searchable drop down list for every rows without macros.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Handwriting capability

Add the ability to handwrite on Excel for making notes rather than just using text or, in the case of a voucher or similar form, to be able to sign the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shift + Space while typing

There is the function that Shift + Space marks the whole line. In Excel offline, this function only works while nothing is entered into a cell. In Excel online, since the last update was done about two weeks ago, the funciton also works while a cell is edited. This is quite annoying as everything that has been typed before is deleted.
    If I type e.g. "DA PL" and I don't release the Shift key while entering the space, the line is marked and "DA" is deleted. This is only in Excel online and only since the last update was done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. still have to hit escape when copying and pasting. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT. FIX IT.

still have to hit escape when copying and pasting. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT. FIX IT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Voice to text option

Voice to text option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Edit History

Edit history feature in case you choose/ click SAVE instead of SAVE AS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need case change

hi,
    Maximum time need case change to easy way but excel doesn't support shortcut like as in microsoft word Shift+f3 option. So if possible to use this option mean create this way

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Do not autofill entire row/column when "insert copied cells"

If I copy a single cell, when using "insert copied cells", it will insert a new row/column filled with the copied content in EVERY CELLS in the inserted row/column. I don't know about other people, but this is rarely what I want to do, what is the problem with just insert a new row/column and paste just ONE CELL? If I want autofill, I can do it myself by double clicking the bottom-right corner.

Not to mention that this behavior is extremely slow, if the copied cell contains formatting. It takes forever to complete. And it's wasting time on something…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. operación de sustracción mala

al momento de llevar a cabo la sustracción entre dos celdas. ejemplo

a1=34.876
    b1=34.800

a1 - b1 = 0.076000000000000005000000

y asi con operaciones con decimales hay errores más grandes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. it is very nice soft wear

I satisfied to this excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hey fuckfaces at microsoft- stop telling me the cut and paste area is not the same size when it actually is. Fuck_You you Microsoft *******

Hey fuckfaces at microsoft- stop telling me the cut and paste area is not the same size when it actually is. Fuck_You you Microsoft *******

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better Date Recogntion

For being such a powerful tool, Excel is remarkably rigid in terms of its ability to recognize dates. The software is unable to recognize common date arrangements (ex: "01/01/2020") as anything other than text. Users are instead expected to utilize less intuitively obvious formats (ex: "2020-01-01"). This needlessly adds to the Excel learning curve for new users (who likely aren't aware of this limitation) and can create additional work when dealing with large datasets (ex: having to use "Text to Columns" functions to convert to date every time that a particular dataset is downloaded). This limitation extends to Power Query,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want excel 365 to support speech recognition for inputting text.

I want excel 365 to support speech recognition for inputting text into a worksheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKING_SHIT_ASS _PRODUCT. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKINGSHITASS PRODUCT. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Track

Track changes without sharing a workbook.
    Track changes that show the original value and the new value separately on another sheet or separate linked workbook. Allow setting of a time frame for the tracking and ability to save or archive separately the changes. Note the specific area changed, date/time stamp and user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Прогрессия: 1) Сделать по УМОЛЧАНИЮ кнопку "по СТОЛБЦАМ", а не "по строкам" 2) дать поле "Начальное значение"

1) нумерация строк требуется гораздо чаще, чем нумерация столбцов
    2) очень часто пользователь забывает ввести начальное значение и приходится вызывать окно СНОВА

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base