Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fixing find & replace window size & width as per 1st work item will make repeated work less time consuming in adjusting window again & again

fixing find & replace window size & width as per 1st work item will make repeated work less time consuming in adjusting window again & again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save/close EXCEL workbooks.

Given several excel WB and made some changes in personal.xlsb. If I want to exit EXCEL, the options should be:
    1. If I click “X” on the toolbar in displayed WB, then options are:
    a) Save/close opened WB
    b) If there more opened WB’s then there is one more option “Save/Close all opened WB”

c) After saving all opened WB’S automatically comes up option save/close “PERSONAL”.

1. On the taskbar If I click EXCEL’S icon right, and several WB’s are opened then there is option
      “Close All Windows” which one doesn’t function properly. Please make this command to do literally command…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Floating/Un-docked side panels

allow side panels (eg pivot tables, formatting etc) to float - especially to move to a second screen.

the problem - put a pivot table on the right side of the screen. select a cell in it, the pivot table side screen immediately covers and hides the selected cell/table. Thoroughly annoying.

solution: allow the 'pop-up' menu to appear in another location/on another screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 更简洁的链接到word

现在链接☞到word会出现换行符

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. why To my Exel Blocked

PLEASE SUGGESCESS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft, your pride makes the new version of Excel incompatible with the old version. I would rather use the old version than choose the n

Microsoft, your self-conceited behavior makes the new version of Excel incompatible with the old version. I would rather use the old version than choose the new one.
    Excel 365 has poor compatibility and poor experience.I cannot edit the xlsx type doc from 2013!!!It shows me that the doc was damaged.And i try it on my old laptop and it can be open.
    Could you please devlop the new version with high Compatibility???
    Not like the extremely extremely disappointing vista or win8!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to edit the function keys to delete the functions or create my own I want F8, F7 to do nothing, and F1 customize

I want to edit the function keys to delete the functions or create my own. I want F8, F7 to do nothing, and F1 to customize with a command of my choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to FIND and/or CHANGE tab characters would be nice

Many times, exporting a spreadsheet will be met with a **** load of tab characters. But, try to FIND them? No dice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. for 20 years I have asked repeatedly: Offer a lock for custom sort!

For 25 years I have asked repeatedly: Offer a lock for custom sort!

I have one particular spread sheet where I sort one way 99% of the time: Column E then column B. I just upgraded office 2010 to 2019 (and windows 7 to 10) and is it fixed? NO! The first two times I used it I had to start the custom sort fresh.

Every tech I have asked about this says the same thing: "It's supposed to default back to the last custom sort you used."

WELL, IT DOESN'T!!!

I want to lock a custom sort to a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why does microsoft suck so much ****?

Why does microsoft suck so much ****?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop scrolling to the bottom of the current sheet when I double click a cell

I dislike the automatic scrolling to the bottom of the sheet when I double click a cell.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Excel clip board.

Assign a key sequence to add specific content to the Excel clip board list and elimniate constant deleting of copied content from list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow formulas to be formatted and editted like code in the formula dialog box

When writing complex formulas, it is very difficult to troubleshoot errors with in-line formats and although I can 'simulate' writing the formula like code in the formula dialog box, it is very cumbersome as it doesn't treat 'enter' as a next line and 'tab' as a tab. Also, when using this format in the current version, selecting a formula part and clicking on the fx doesn't show the values, only blanks. A sample is attached showing the format. Would it be possible to setup the formula dialog box to support a more coding IDE model?

=IFERROR(

SUMIFS(

tblBS[Avg],
    tblBS[Month],
    [@Month]
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow an easy way to shrink the sheet to the area with values

Doing various actions in excel - for example, using the bar on top to paste a formula - will often increase the size of the sheet to way beyond what was intended. There should be a button that would shrink the sheet to the largest area with values (or formulas that refer to values) - or alternatively, specify an area to be preserved with the rest eliminated entirely, so that the space on disk is reasonable.

What people do in practice is to copy the sheet area to a new sheet. This is a bit of a kludge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. extract problem in Excel 2019

i have problem in extracting data attachment video for more information

Hogr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excel's Evaluate Formula could benefit from undoing calculations (going backwards)

The Evaluate Formula feature is great but could benefit by being able to go backwards in the calculation as well as going forward. Many times I've had to start over multiple times just to fully capture what is happening during a complex formula that could have been MUCH easier if I could step back one or more calculations instead of stepping all the way through or starting over.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A way to insert lines or columns

There is no current easy/quick way or symbol to push or no entry in the :Help symbol whereby one can enter a new line or column on the chart you are working with

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My suggestion is that you allow user to actually move the title in a chart.

My suggestion is that you allow user to actually move the title in a chart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve the scroll and automatic jump in excell

Hi, when creating my excel, I can´t easely modify the size of my cell once it exceed the size of the open window, it jumps to the next cell, and makes really dificult to adjust it, I tried with the scroll. I know i can just do right click on the cell and andjust it or by changing the size of my view, but this can be an improvement. Kind regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to start Excel

I want to type the Invoice in Excel sheet. It's not allowing to type. what to do???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base