Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Correct ability to use drawing tools with pen tablet

PLEASE NOTE THAT MICROSOFT SUPPORT SAID I MUST POST THIS ON THIS FORUM AFTER I SPOKE TO THEM.
    Details of the bug:
    I am trying to use my Wacom Intuos Pro with Excel 365's drawing features, however there are bugs in the working of the program's pens, pencil, marker and eraser. When one first selects and uses a pen to draw with the stylus reacts, moves and draws normally. However when one then chooses a second tool to use then suddenly the stylus starts to move erratically and jumps and skitters across the page instead of moving in a stable…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the "There's a problem with the clipboard" issue

Fix the "There's a problem with the clipboard" issue
    The issue with "There's a problem with the clipboard..." while copy and pasting is still as issue. I was using Office 2010 and there was no problem. I am now using Office 365 and this issue is prevalent. It manifests itself when pasting a value from a cell containing a formula and disappears when disabling Live Preview. I was able to copy and paste "normal" cell contents fine before the error message appears so the official response of "another program has locked the clipboard" doesn't really hold up. It looks more…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable highlighting function for text within cells

Review functions seem to be a bit lacking and not user friendly in excel compared to word.

At the moment working with colleagues i have to highlight entire cells / use a different colour font in the same box to review something. The comment boxes are easily missed when doing a review so we dont use them.

Add a simple function to be able to highlight text within cells would be a good review tool

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Business

This aap is well most helpfully

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. strike through on excel

I saw that there is an excel strike through option. Suggestion is to have the effects options for FONT customization so it would be quick click buttons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop moving the ******* view when the outside border of the cell is mouse clicked on that is SO_FUCKING_ANNOYING. ******* YOU MICROSOFT BIT

Stop moving the fuckingview when the outside border of the cell is mouse clicked on that is SOFUCKING_ANNOYING. YOU MICROSOFT .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Leave the f'ing leading zeros!!

If my data has leading zeros, then I want leading zeros!.... How is that so hard to understand!?!... Make truncating leading zeros an optional setting, not the default.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable SDI for excel 2013 and up

Stop forcing SDI onto users of excel 2013+. It is horrible for anyone that actually uses multiple workbooks daily. Anyone who thinks this is a better way to use excel is completely insane. You have countless requests for this on here going back 7 years and you refuse to acknowledge how fatally flawed this is.. please walk a mile in anyones shoes who actually use excel before taking "User input" on how a well established product works.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Edit Ranges of Protected sheet not working in online. It cannot recognize permission for user.

Problem in only online document.
    Please make Allow Edit Range function to run/work over on Protect sheet function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. excel internal calculator

I realized that when I perform my monthly bills, I open my web browser, my calculator app in Windows 10, and excel.

It made me realize there might be a good opportunity for a calculator add-in feature.

could be a pothead idea, but thought it worth sharing.

thank you and have a great day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Money in Excel Template

The formula that identifies recurring expenses is limited in that it doesn't find all recurring expenses

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recurring items table too small

Money in Excel Template The number of recurring items in expenses detail is limited and needs to be expanded as I have more recurring expenses than I can add

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When using grouping,

When grouping cells to quickly hide, show certain detail, adding a column infront of it, totally knocks out the grouping, meaning you have to clear it all and start again OR don't add any more columns.

If the grouping knocked along one column when you added a column in front and pulled it back a column when a column is removed - the experience would be greatly improved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. God_Damn you and your_fucking_dopey_buggy software. FUCK_You MICROSOFT *******.

GodDamn you and yourfuckingdopeybuggy software. FUCK_You MICROSOFT *******.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ******** microsoft and your ******* buggy ****** software.

microsoft and your buggy ***** software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Copying and Pasting Notes From Cell-to-Cell Easier-Take Less Steps

There doesn't seem to be any quick way to just copy and past a Note from one cell to another. There is not even a special Paste Special command, PASTE NOTE.... One has to open the Paste Special dialog. I'd like a command button to place on my QuickAccess toolbar by which clicking it just pastes the note rather than having to use the Paste Special .... toolbar command that then makes one select the Comments and Notes radio button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STILL HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHEN COPYING IN EXCEL. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT. UNFUCK_YOUR_CRAPWARE

STILL HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHEN COPYING IN EXCEL. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT. UNFUCKYOURCRAPWARE

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow cut / paste of rows/columns that are non-adjacent

Allow to cut noon-adjacent rows/columns and paste them in another place, as adjacent ones. Example: when cut rows 1 and 3, if I paste them in row 7 position, it will paste them as rows 7 and 8

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Drag" a row or column to another location

Provide an option to DRAG a row or column to another location rather than having to highlight row, click cut, highlight new row and choose insert paste. Perhaps ctrl-click-drag or shift-click-drag the row or column via the heading.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. previous result in find and replace

in the find and replace feature, Word has "next" and "previous" buttons to click through the results. Excel should have a "previous" button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base