Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Image get distorted when copy sheet from workbook to another

I have two Excel files (file1.xlsx and file2.xlsx, one file could be the copy of the other)

In these files I have 1 sheet with an embedded image.

If I copy the sheet of file1.xlsx in to file2.xlsx, the image of imported sheet seems ok but when I print (or in print preview) it is distorted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 13"x19" paper on an HP 7610 is not available for Excel 2016. Also custom size is not available.

13"x19" paper on an HP 7610 is not available for Excel 2016. Also custom size is not available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix print of indented cells when printing as multicolumn sheet

When using indents on cells (i.e. implementing hierarchy), when printed, excel loses WYSIWYG, the print out or print preview distorts the indent width ratio to the font size. So the more the cells become smaller, the indention width becomes larger.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Page Setup - Repeat Rows at bottom

Under page setup there is an option to repeat rows at the top. My problem is I would also like repeat rows at the bottom. I work in data analysis and frequently have data tables that are multiple pages. It would be great if each page contained the rows at the bottom which in my case are (Mean, C.V., LSD, etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow 2 to a page printing so that I get the full page on a 1/2 page.

I want to print a full worksheet on 1/2 page. But there isn't a selection .. so I have to copy and paste into WORD and print it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Using Various Dates in Header/Footer

Not sure this idea belongs in printing or elsewhere, but the idea basically to specify the type of date/time printed in the header/footer. Currently, only the print date is available but it would be great to optionally print the last updated date in the footer instead of the print date and not involving VB macros.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to have an 'Export to PDF' button (icon) under the 'Quick Access Toolbar'

Frequently I export my worksheets as PDF documents. It would be really nice if there was an icon under 'Quick Access Toolbar' to this.
    The current process makes you go back to 'File' - 'Export' - 'Create PDF/XPS'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. My boss insists we use 2-sided printing. It can cause problems if we forget to set for it before printing each time.

Such printer setups could be included as part of the file. When we copy a file these setups would also be copied as part of the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel should have have the option of custom page width and height

Excel should have the option of setting custom page width and height to support printing in PDF with different page sizes. which is required for virtual reporting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to print more selection than one on the same page.

Now, Excel print on a new page each selected area from “Print area” (with mouse selection + ctrl).
    One best solution is the possibility of choose which areas should be printed on the same page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for Excel to ignore saved print settings. Or use the default printer/tray (like Word does)

At the moment I need to print to multiple trays on my printer, but Excel currently saves everything and only lets me print to one tray.
    I wish there was an option for Excel to ignore any saved print settings and just use the Windows Default printers settings and trays.
    (Word has this option, but excel doesn't)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Print settings

Currently, Excel 2016 on Windows 10 has stopped the functionality that Office 2013 has, where inidvidual sheet print settings were read in from the file before printing. so when selecting multiple sheets, with different print settings, the correct settings were used.

On windows 10 - Office 2016, it uses the default settings for the print job of all of the selected sheets. The print settings are clearly defined inside the file, I have 2 sheets, and I can see sheet1.xml and sheet2.xml as well as under the printerSettings folder ,I can see printerSettings1.big and printerSettings2.bin. I dont know why Excel…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PRINTING - Have excel check how many pages are being printed and not print numerous mostly blank pages or pages where font is unusably small

Have excel check how many pages are being printed and not print numerous mostly blank pages or pages where font is unusably small, by default if these are detected open a print dialog which tells you how many pages will be printed and ability to select pages 1,3,5,6 etc, fit to one page, fit to minimum font size, adjust margins etc.
    Too often I end up printing an excel document multiple times and wasting lots of paper and ink because the print options in excel are kind of stupid.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Printing an entire workbook with the same settings

When selecting to print an entire workbook and you select the option "fit to one page" you currently need to go to each page in the print screen and select "fit to one page". It does not automatically apply to all the pages when printing an entire workbook. This would be a helpful feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to have a "no print" option for cells, rows and columns.

I would like to be able control which cells, rows and columns would not print, without having to Hide them. Sometimes I want to see the data/formulas in the cells, but not have them on my final hard copies.
    Hiding and unhiding adds steps to my workflow.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Print Preview: show only selected pages / Druckvorschau: nur ausgewählte Seiten anzeigen

Excel 2016

Print preview shows all pages of a document but not (as desired) only the selected page(s).

In der Druckvorschau werden alle Seiten des Dokuments angezeigt, obwohl nur eine einzelne oder eine Auswahl an Seiten gedruckt werden soll.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What happened to the TABLOID SIZE (11" x 17") in the page setup menu?

What happened to the TABLOID SIZE (11" x 17") in the page setup menu? I am not even finding A3 size which is remotely similar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Printing margins

When I try to move margins in previewe windows excel crashes. No way to fix it, tried everything I've found on the web.
    Attached the file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base