Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autofilter zum Druck verwenden

Beim Ausdrucken soll es die Möglichkeit geben, dass ich mich auf einen Autofilter beziehen kann und mit ein Druckaufträge z. B. die Ergebnisse für den Autofilter der Spalte B drucken kann. Das spart viel Zeit, wenn Einzelaudrucke nach Autofilter gemacht werden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. wrap spreadsheet for printing

I have a wide spreadsheet which would print over 2 pages of A3 in landscape mode, but the rest of the sheet is blank.

Can you please develop a way to 'wrap' the columns of the spreadsheet so that they are displayed on one sheet of paper instead of across multiple sheets?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Single click selected area printing to fit paper

I struggle with this since 20 years I'm using Excel. As people do not take the time to set the print area on their work, whenever I get an Excel and want to print it, I need to do 10 clicks to actually ********* one sheet of paper. 1. Select area, 2. page layout tab, 3. print area selector, 4. set print area, 5. file, 6. print, 7. page setup, 8. scaling/fit to page, (9. landscape if it is a wide table), 10. print

It would be fantastic to have a "print selected area" option that does all this and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow users to print gridlines in color filled cells

Allow users to print gridlines in color filled cells

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto display print preview

I added a "Print preview and print" button to my button bar. When I click it, it takes me to the same page as File > Print, which is fine. In the area where the print preview should show, all I see is a button "print preview". It doesn't show the preview unless I click the button. Why doesn't it automatically show print preview like it did in Office 2010?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Printing Multiple files from Excel

Office 2016 Home and Business Version 9226.2114 does not allow you to select multiple files and right click and print them anymore, this works in version 8528.2147 but has now stopped working, this only affects Excel as Word still works as expected

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Print at actual size

Why doesn't Excel print to actual size? Visio will print a 10cm box the correct size but Excel prints it at 9.7 x 10.8 cm. In the past I have copied and pasted from Excel to Visio so I can print the shapes correctly.

Due to the changes in licencing I cant buy current Visio for my personal use and the old version doesn't work on Win 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Labels directly from Excel without word

Why in 2017 can we not do labels in excel. Why do we have to mail merge in word? Excel is where the data is. Make it easy to just do it from excel as well.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. NEED GRID LINES TO PRINT

WHEN HIGHLIGHTING AND COPYING A WORKHEET WITH GRID LINES AND PASTING TO A MESSAGE THE GRID LINES DO NOT PRINT. WITH GRID LINES THE PERSON RECIEVINGTHE MESSAGE CAN FOLLOW THE INFORMATION EASIER.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Access to Rows COlumns to repeat

Why can you not change the rows and columns ot repeat when viewing print settings. can only be done through page layout. Inconsistent and Dumb..... Been a problem/issue since version 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Print multiple sheets page # of #, but NOT be total pages in the workbook

I have users who want to be able to choose to print multiple sheets of their workbook, but then have the output show only the total number of pages for the individual worksheet, not the total workbook. The footers have the fields for [page] of [number of pages].

Example:
    Sheet1 has 2 pages
    Sheet2 has 3 pages

So if I print both sheets in one action, all of the page numbers are "# of 5". We would like to have the option to print all of the sheets in one action, but the pages in Sheet1 would say "Page 1…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Incorporate "snaking" under the print options to allow printing long tall lists into multiple columns on one sheet of paper.

Incorporate "snaking" under the print options to allow printing long tall lists into multiple columns on one sheet of paper.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. can find print preview button in excel. also cant find what version of excel i am running.

can find print preview button in excel.
    also cant find what version of excel i am running.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Headers and Footers to include variables based on a cell reference

It would be great if a cell reference could be used within a header and/or footer

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Header and Footer

I would really like to see images in the excel header and footer acting like they do in word, that is, they need to act like a water mark being underneath all other items instead of being on top blocking other items when printing etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Apply page setup setting to other workbooks

I am looking for a method to apply page setup settings (header, footer, and all other page print setups) to other workbooks (not sheets in the current workbook).

Example:

I have the setting I need in a file (excel template or other excel file).

Some other SW tool is automatically generating reports in excel file format (new workbooks).

I need a method to apply the page settings to the new workbooks (and not to do it manually to each of them)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix high contrast issues

fix issue where switching to high contrast causes printed page to print in all black or invisible white on page. Also borders dissapear when switching back and forth. but can be fixed by closing and reloading excel...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dialog box notifying user that Printing will generate a large number of pages

When you click Print, Excel should look at the number of pages that will be generated and give you a dialog box noting that you should check your page setup because if you continue you will generate X number of pages.

This is an issue I've had with Excel for decades, not years, decades! By now Excel should be able to review your document page breaks and identify that your spreadsheet for example is 26 columns wide and 26 rows long, could be printed on one sheet. It should then give you a dialog box alerting you to check your…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Watermark

Add a Watermark Tool with the same functionality as MS Word

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)