Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to open 2 workbooks with the same name

There is no reason for this not to be possible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to sort Recent Workbooks list by latest modified

The File - Open - Recent menu used to display recently used workbooks at the top. Now a (potentially extensive) list of pinned documents sorted by alphabetical order appears. I would like to be able to sort by date modified. It's already a column, but it does not allow sorting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot open another file when editing a cell value in an already opened file

Assume you're working on a file called abc.xlsx, and you double-click Cell A1 (that is, you put a value in A1 and leave it in that state without clicking or hitting the enter key or exiting the cell, which means the cursor is still blinking inside the cell). When attempting to open another file, Excel behaves oddly, failing to open the file or displaying an error. The situation stays unchanged until we return to the first file and click or leave the cell's edit mode (i.e., A1). When we do this, the file for which we double-clicked to open seems…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Que la nouvelle feuille puisse être un modèle

Je souhaiterais que lors de l'ouverture d'une autre feuille (dans un même classeur), que celle-ci puisse être un modèle que nous avons crée

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Que la nouvelle feuille puisse être un modèle

Je souhaiterais que lors de l'ouverture d'une autre feuille (dans un même classeur), que celle-ci puisse être un modèle que nous avons crée

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recover 7z password

Recover 7z password with PassFixer 7z password unlocker software which is perfectly designed for the recovery process of your 7zip password. This 7z password recovery software can instantly break lost 7z password with multiple recovery techniques like- Brute Force Attack, Mask Attack, and Dictionary Attack. The UI design of this software is very easy to handle for any 7z file user; the software can retrieve your 7z password in just 2 clicks.
    Get more - Recover 7z password https://www.passfixer.com/blog/how-to-recover-7z-file-password/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. T- Unlock 7z password by PassFixer 7z Password Unlocker If you can try to recover and unlock 7z password without losing save data so, you

If you can try to recover and unlock 7z password without losing save data so, you can use PassFixer 7z Password Unlocker https://www.7zpasswordunlocker.com/ Software. The tool gives a simple interface (GUI or UI) provided for all technical and non-technical users. A TRIAL edition is offered by this software to each user and to show the first three characters of the password. Also, this software is 100% safe, secure and time-saving tool that can recover your 7z file password immediately.

Read More - Unlock 7z Password
    https://www.7zpasswordunlocker.com/blog/how-to-unlock-password-protected-7z-file.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When opening an excel file, always show the sheet from cell A1 and not somewhere in the middle

I'd like to suggest the function when opening a excel file, the sheet should always show cell A1 in order to avoid the mistake to think the sheet is empty, eventhough it's not. When the sheet is moved and no content is available, a person which is not familiar with the file, could think that the file is empty, eventhough it's not!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow user to work in current sheet when opening another file

While opening another file from a network folder or shared drive, if the file is large is can take some time to open. Allow user to work in current/open window/worksheet while the other file is attempting to open

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How do I prevent Excel from redisplaying multiple minimized open documents when opening a new document?

Excel 365, minimized workbook pops up when opening another workbook from explorer.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A customized pop up message whenever someone Opens the sheet which may contain instruction or pro tips by the Author.

A customized pop up message whenever someone Opens the sheet which may contain instruction or pro tips by the Author. Which may also guide to understand what sheet may contain or what further can be done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix bug where the Related Dates under Info is wrong when the document is created either on desctop och in a folder

When an excel-document is created either in a folder or on the desktop by using using right mouse click then New Microsoft Excel Sheet, then the date is wrong. Not only in my Excel in others too. Serious problem when satisfying version history relating to certain quality standards such as ISO 27001

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unlock Password Protected 7z file Password

I used a lot of software to unlock Password Protected 7z file but of no avail. Then I came through this PassFixer 7zip password recovery software which turned out to be of a great use. It is a easy to use software. For surety I first went through the free version of the software that recover and showed me the starting three characters of the password then I was satisfied and I purchased the software.It recovered my password in few steps. If you have lost or forgotten 7z password then just download the software and choose the recovery method you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to Unlock 7z Password Protected File

I utilized PassFixer 7z document Password Recovery programming for recover 7z File password, hardly any days back when I had failed to remember the password. It is not difficult to utilize programming and No earlier specialized information is needed to utilize I . It has a decent graphical UI. It has a free demo adaptation which shows the beginning three characters of your lost password.It gives three techniques to unlock the password. They are brute force attack, dictionary attack a mask attack.Highly suggested programming for recovering 7z password.

Understand More - Recover 7z File password https://www.passfixer.com/blog/how-to-recover-7z-file-password/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PassFixer 7Z Password Unlocker

A few months back I used PassFixer “7z password recovery” software to open password protected 7Zzip file. It worked very fast and smooth which supports unlock 7z file even when a 7z file has a very complex password. Recovery of 7z Password is done by Brute Force, Dictionary and Mask Attack. It has virus free installation and it supports the latest windows operating system. No third-party software is required for this 7z password recovery tool. It even recovers complex passwords of any required length.

Read More - PassFixer 7z password unlocker (https://www.7zpasswordunlocker.com/)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unlock 7z file Password

Have you lost 7Z file password and want to unlock? Then you can try the software of PassFixer “7z file password recovery” (main link) software. I used it few days back when I had forgotten the password. It is easy to use software. No prior technical knowledge is required to use it. It has a good graphical user interface .It provides the user with a free demo version which shows the starting three characters of your lost password .It provides with three methods to unlock the password. They are brute force attack, dictionary attack a mask attack .It can recover…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How to unlock 7z password

Last month I had forgotten my 7zip password by mistake and I was very tense and searching for How to Unlock 7z Password? Because it contained essential files and data. I searched on Google on methods for recovering my 7z file passwords. Then I came across this software of PassFixer “7z password recovery” (main link) software. I hesitated in purchasing the premium software. So I thought of first trying out the free version of it and it actually worked. On complete satisfaction by the free version I purchased the software. It provides you with three methods for recovering your password.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PassFixer 7z password unlocker

PassFixer 7Z Password Recovery is the best software to unlock password protected 7z file without any risk. So, I suggest to all users to go with PassFixer “7z password unlocker” tool to unlock 7z zip file. This tool is very reliable to use and retrieves your password in a few simple steps . The most important thing is that it recovers password without damaging saved data and I can also add my possible password combinations in this program which saves much time. Overall this 7z password recovery software is awesome.

Read More - unlock 7z zip file https://www.7zpasswordunlocker.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. free 7z password recovery

A couple of days back I lost my 7z file password. I searched for 7z password recovery methods on Google . I tried some of the 7z password recovery software that were there in the market but to no avail. Then one of my colleagues suggested that I use PassFixer 7zpassword recovery software . The software provides the user with three methods for free 7z password recovery. First method is brute force attack which allows the user to recover the password if the user remembers the different characters used and the length of password. Second one is a mask attack…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recover lost 7z zip file password

PassFixer is the one stop solution software for recover lost 7z zip file password. The software has a 100% risk free installation. The user does not require installing third - party software’s for using this software. It has a great graphical user interface. Only with a few clicks you can retrieve your password and that too in a few steps. Overall the Fixer software is awesome.

Know More - Recover lost 7z zip file password
    https://www.7zpasswordunlocker.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base