Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit VBA while recording Macros

Today we can record Macros and excel would write VBA for them in bacground. In order to edit that for later we have to go through whole process again and again. Would not it be great if we just put a cursor somewhere within VBA code where we want to code and record instead of just typing whole code?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VBA to webassemly instead of JavaScript.

Hello,
    JavaScript on it's way to replace VBA someday but development flow is getting complicated way too much for office workers.

VBA has been there for decades.
    * It's rock-stable,
    * Slowly changing (like C) so you don't need to learn all this fancy stuff each month and can focus on work (excel mostly used by non-developers if you didn't know)
    * Everybody know it well already.
    * Zillions lines of code exist right now.
    * It's strongly typed (!!!).

Most of modern software already bloated, just look on electron apps and feel really sad thinking about browser running in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Excel 4.0 macro の一時停止後の継続ボタン 見当たらない

Excel 2016で Excel 4.0 マクロのファイルを開いて 表示-マクロ と進みますと マクロの小さな画面が表示されます。

その中のステップインボタンを押すと シングルステップという小さな画面が表示されます。

その中のシングルステップボタンを2,3回押したのち一時停止ボタンを押すとシングルステップの小さな画面がデスクトップからなくなり 、マクロを続行しようとしても その中に有った続行ボタンが押せなくなり、マクロの続きが実行できなくなります。

昔作ったマクロの利用に支障が出ております。

解決策ありましたらお教えください。よろしくお願い申し上げます。

Excel for Office 365 でも同じような支障が出そうに思います。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. start using C# as the macro language instead of visual basic

well, visual basic great language loves it but Microsoft seems to have abandoned the language. C# is clearly the new emphasis so, therefore, start the move to make C# the default language for the office products. plus there is an opportunity to increase the performance and features of the macro language. allowing for the creation of exportable modules and even binary macros that run faster or can be more easily exported to different machine

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add power pivot option for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

Please add power pivot for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. It would be much helpful

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Associate formulas to mouse button

Like in videogames in which you can set several shorcuts attached to your mouse buttons. It would be really great if i could associate a formula to one button instead of writting or copying it all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel VBA 2001-12425 UserInterfaceOnly:= True has partial effect on letting Macros change protected sheets

Reference a previous suggestion, https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/11050386-worksheet-protection-userinterfaceonly-setting-s , the VBA function seems to be broken. Although set for specific worksheets at Workbook_open, macro execution get blocked on relevant sheets because protection is set. The password is uniform across the workbook, so still needing to execute a slowing unprotect, which risks the sheet become accessible for modification if the relevant macro fails.

Oddly, unless the UserInterfaceOnly is set during Workbook open, the ,UserInterFaceOnly:=only is declared illegal in the relevant module while reprotecting the sheet during code compiling.

Edit: Specifically, of the various cases, a Run-time Error '3000' occurs when working with tables on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Task reminder

Can we put a reminder for the task like due date reminder in excel? so, when we start any excel, we can see the reminder and also we can put extra features like reminder can assign to the group or users.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ASC statement: If ASC(CHAR)>97 and ASC(CHAR) <122 THEN – doesn’t work

ASC statement in EXCEL VBA_365, doesn’t work.

Dim CHAR As String ‘’’ (One character String variable)
    If ASC(CHAR)>97 and ASC(CHAR) <122 THEN ... – doesn’t work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Worksheet_Before_Calculate event to VBA

Add an event that will trigger before calculation takes place. This would enable commands like Application.RTD.RefreshData and other updates to occur prior to the workbook (or worksheet) calculation occurring.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. kindly include data mining add ins in the all versions of excel

include data mining add-ins in all versions of excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix macro glitch in excel

My corporate computer was recently switched to Office 2019. Excel was opening just fine for me until I created a macro - now I'm getting a notification "personal.xlsb is locked for editing". I've tried the "share" option which allows me to unhide my personal file and enable my macro, however, upon closing and reopening excel, I get the same error message and have to go back and do this process again to enable the macro. There has to be a fix for this - I shouldn't have to go through this process every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create reading layout addin

Create reading layout addin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Incorrect formula for standardized residual in the regression data analysis tool

Currently, the standardized residual in the regression data analysis tool is calculated as the residual divided by the standard deviation of the residuals.
    This is incorrect.
    Notwithstanding the fact that the correct standardized residual should account for leverage (this is actually called a studentized residual in some schools of thought), you should at least modify the formula for standardized residual so that it divides the residual by the standard error of the estimate, which is also called RMSE, instead.
    The difference is that the standard deviation of the residuals is calculated as:
    SQRT(SSE/n-1)
    Whereas, the standard error of the estimate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Personal Macro Workbook sync across O365 when logged in as same user

When a user creates a macro in their Personal Macro Workbook, in the Office 365 Desktop version, make this available to them on any machine where they are using the Office 365 Desktop version of Excel.

The simplest way to achieve this would probably be to simply store the Personal Macro Workbook in a hidden folder in their OneDrive Sync folder so the existing OneDrive Sync will keep all machines in sync.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SaveCopyAs

Workbook.SaveCopyAs works only for the Old Excel Formats (<=2003)
    Does not work for .xlsx, ,xlsm, .xlsb

Please upgrade to this to work for New Excel Formats (>=2007)

Sam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Encoding of a string value

My problem is: I am getting Hungarian text from a textbox of a userform. If the text has some special Hungarian characters, like á, é, Ő, Ű, etc and I print out this string, I can not use it with another program, which expects encoding UTF-8
    Can I somehow change the encoding of a string value in a VBA macro?
    (I am using Office 365 on Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offline Help for office 365 version

How is possible that your latest version is not the best? Offline help is key for the Office 365 Excel version. Also if you didn´t have it just say that is not avaible. You made me lost precious time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AutoFit columns in the output sheet of the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool

Currently, many cells in the output sheet of the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool are cut off by default because the columns are left at their default width. Please AutoFit the columns as part of the generation of the output. Also, select cell A1 by default so that the output sheet looks cleaner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base