Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Worksheet_Before_Calculate event to VBA

Add an event that will trigger before calculation takes place. This would enable commands like Application.RTD.RefreshData and other updates to occur prior to the workbook (or worksheet) calculation occurring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix macro glitch in excel

My corporate computer was recently switched to Office 2019. Excel was opening just fine for me until I created a macro - now I'm getting a notification "personal.xlsb is locked for editing". I've tried the "share" option which allows me to unhide my personal file and enable my macro, however, upon closing and reopening excel, I get the same error message and have to go back and do this process again to enable the macro. There has to be a fix for this - I shouldn't have to go through this process every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add an Automatic Open, Refresh, Save and close feature instead of having to go through batch files and power shell

Add an Automatic Open, Refresh, Save and close feature instead of having to go through batch files and power shell

It could be a Automation button that Schedules a Refresh of all the Data and Macros in an excel sheet then closes it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Providing 64-bit version of MSDAORA driver

A strategic customer is facing a compatibility issue in using their LOB excel Macro after upgrading from Windows 7 and Office 2010 32-bit to Windows 10 1709 and Office 2016 64-bit.
    The macro is unable to connect to an Oracle database as there is no available 64-bit MSDAORA driver

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Excel 365, home; windows 10 pro x64 - In EXCEL 365 VBA code, the statement "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" fail to operate in some VBA

In EXCEL 365 VBA code, the statement "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" fail to operate in some VBA subroutines and macros. With "Application.ScreenUpdating = True" the execution is dramaticaly slowed down. Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a command line tool for signing Office files with a digital certificate

Besides Office, Excel files can be created using numerous software tools. More often than not, batches of macro-enabled Excel files are processed with scripts for productivity purposes. However, VBA code signing cannot be part of an automated process, as it is a manual task that requires opening & saving the file in Excel.

This request is about creating a command line tool for signing Office files with a digital certificate, similar to MS SignTool.

In addition, the existing macro signing process in Office is not 100% compatible with Open XML specifications. I can clarify this statement in a private discussion…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incorrect formula for standardized residual in the regression data analysis tool

Currently, the standardized residual in the regression data analysis tool is calculated as the residual divided by the standard deviation of the residuals.
    This is incorrect.
    Notwithstanding the fact that the correct standardized residual should account for leverage (this is actually called a studentized residual in some schools of thought), you should at least modify the formula for standardized residual so that it divides the residual by the standard error of the estimate, which is also called RMSE, instead.
    The difference is that the standard deviation of the residuals is calculated as:
    SQRT(SSE/n-1)
    Whereas, the standard error of the estimate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MPOC - Can I get an add in for 365 pro?

I really need to move points on charts.
    Can this function be added to excel 365 pro?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add power pivot option for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

Please add power pivot for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. It would be much helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Task reminder

Can we put a reminder for the task like due date reminder in excel? so, when we start any excel, we can see the reminder and also we can put extra features like reminder can assign to the group or users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MPOC - Can I get an add in for 365 pro?

I really need to move points on charts.
    Can this function be added to excel 365 pro?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add volatile functions to Inquire Workbook Analysis

Please add to the Workbook Analysis a report on any volatile functions found in the workbook and their cell locations. It would be very helpful when trying to debug and re-factor slow and complex workbooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Followhyperlink event to trigger with Hyperlink() function

Have the Hyperlink function trigger the followhyperlink event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make more efficient object collections and cell format operations in VBA

VBA Excel user objects are so slow, that i have to mimic it with my own procedures managing user data types, and it speeds up a process by times! Fix it somewhen, please!
    Similar situation with cell formatting. Why it's so slow? And more of it - I just can't copy/paste the pattern of different formatting on several cells at once? and some time ago had to spend a lot of tyme to resolve this problem with optimization tricks in VBA/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. VBA histogram bin

Please make the number of bins and bin width for histograms open to VBA. I can read the values, but I can't change them. I want to create a macro that allows me to use a spinner so I can adjust the number of bins or the bin width.

I am working with statistics and need to be able to quickly adjust these numbers for students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spell out Number with Currency

Can excel have an add-in that spell-out number from figure and selection of currency name like sample
    123 - One Hundred Twenty Three
    $123 - One Hundred Twenty Three Dollar
    $123.01 - One Hundred Twenty Three Dollar and 1/100
    P32.09 - Thrirty Two Pesos and 9/100

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disabeling Calculate; norma, page layout & page break Preview on task bar at the bottom.

I suggest Disabling Calculate; normal, page layout & page break Preview on task bar at the bottom. Allow the user to make any of the options, their default view, but only for the active workbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool should not use the clipboard

After you run the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool, you can paste some of the numbers that appear in the output. There is no warning that the Analysis ToolPak will use/clear the clipboard. Users may have had important stuff on the clipboard. It is also bad practice to use the clipboard as part of a macro. Please change the Regression tool so that it does not use the clipboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AutoFit columns in the output sheet of the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool

Currently, many cells in the output sheet of the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool are cut off by default because the columns are left at their default width. Please AutoFit the columns as part of the generation of the output. Also, select cell A1 by default so that the output sheet looks cleaner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Eliminate double spaces from the titles of the graphs generated by the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool

The residual plots use 2 spaces before "Residual Plot" and the line fit plots use 2 spaces between "Line Fit" and "Plot". Please change these to be a single space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base