Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [BUG] Listbox autoselects item if openned under cursor via doubleclick on cell

If it happens that userform with listbox opens (via on cell doubleclick) under cursor it automatically selects listbox item (that apperas under cursor).

Reproduced in Excel 2013, 2016, do not have other versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow access to the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel without having to upgrade an entire suite of applications to a business license.

I have Microsoft 365 Family and I need the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel to troubleshoot a couple of very complex worksheets. The only way to get it is for me to upgrade my entire suite of Office applications to a business license with no other option to get it. A tool to help maintain and repair an Excel sheet should be included with the product, or AT THE VERY LEAST offered for a reasonable additional price.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Convert all VBA references in twips directly to pixels

Convert all VBA references to screen measurements to pixels. The twip is an arcane unit that has an actual defined distance. Monitors of the same native resolution come in a wide range of actual sizes.

Twips are also too granular - I can't actually choose to position a window on a display in fractions of a pixel.

It's very easy for a coder to find their monitor resolution, and also to think about other standard resolutions. It's a lot harder to first, figure out what the heck a twip is to begin with, and then it is unnecessarily unwieldy to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Range.Find should use cell values, as opposed to the displayed text.

The following equation fails if you change the column width. See attached pictures.

colNum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("E5:DA5").Find(-10).Column

It should be finding that cell H5 has a value of -10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Simple Query language like google sheets, The Power query on Excel needs an overhaul

Excel needs to look at how simple and user friendly the query language in google sheets is, the power query in Excel needs an overhaul.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to add a table of contents, one hyperlink for each worksheet in a workbook.

Ability to add a table of contents, one hyperlink for each worksheet in a workbook. When adding additional worksheets, ability to refresh the TOC to make it easy to find a particular worksheet within a workbook that has many worksheets.

I AM NOT ANONYMOUS - I DID ENTER MY EMAIL ADRESS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a VBA-configurable "Display Name" for worksheets

It appears the name of worksheets can not be altered in VBA. This is a restrictive when the workbook is locked for users etc.

This means that worksheet names are fixed and cannot be named in accordance with user data.

Example:
    Workbook 1: "List of Current Cities"
    Workbook 2-11: <City Name 1-10>

If there are up to 10 Cities required, the workbooks have to be manually named (for display and for referencing in formula etc).

When copying the spreadsheet (workbook) for another person say, those city name would have to be changed manually also.

If a separate "Display Name" were…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. VBA code window scroll bar not working with touchpad

Using my laptops trackpad with the "two finger gestures" enabled, I am able to scroll both vertically and horizontally in every single application and all throughout windows, Except for Office 365, VBA code window. I have tried repairing office, uninstalling and reinstalling even reimagining the PC but nothing works, not even a usb mouse! Please Please Fix!
    Device: Dell XPS15-7590, Win10 Pro 64Bit, Office 365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. money in excel add affirm

Add affirm as an option to pull in debt

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Money in Excel trends by account

Ability to see month over month usage of specific account. This would be helpful to see savings account grow over time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make Personal, in Office 365 more robust to prevent losing macro functions too frequently.

I am only user of my Laptop. If I have opened several workbooks, and then apply macros and commands to manipulate the files - suddenly I've message that Personal can be open only for read for reason that it is used by myself. This happens to frequently. Please advise.
    Note: In office 365 Personal is located in Documents. Originally Personal was located in XLSTART folder?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Money in Excel - update is cropping the merchant field, losing payee info - need to import ALL merchant data to better identify transactions

For example - in Quicken and on my bank website a transaction shows up as

"Ext Credit Card Debit KEYME 888-380-0394 8883800394 NY"

but in the Money Addin it shows up only as

"Ext Credit Card Debit"

which makes it impossible to identify versus all the other "Ext Credit Card Debit" charges that are trimmed the same way. Including the entire field versus the first part would make it MUCH more usable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. excel plugin

hi there,

I want to develop a excel plugin SMS send or bulk SMS send.
    I need help if knowhow to excel and add in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add prediction level to regression analysis.

Analysis ToolPak Regression tool should include Prediction Level and interval percent just like the Confidence Level and interval percent that already exists. This would be valuable for those that also want to see the prediction interval information for their data analysis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove duplicate transactions in Money in Excel

Money in Excel is duplicating some, but not all, of my transactions from my credit card company. Every field is the same in both Excel rows, but there is only a single entry at my credit card company. There doesn't seem to be a reason why some are duped and some aren't.

Since the de-dupe function is disabled, I'm not able to clean the data the way you normally would, so my accounts are way off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Date and Time picker

Why the Date and Time Picker which is a such useful Object file it NOT included in the Office Excel 365 64 bit Version

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Intellisense support for Range.Formula2, HasSpill, etc. properties

The new Range.Formula2, HasSpill, SpillParent, and related properties introduced recently to Excel do not have Intellisense support in Visual Studio. As VSTO is still the best platform to build advanced-capability add-ins for Excel, exposing these properties via Intellisense is very desirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Update Visual Basic for Applications

Visual Basic for Applications is still version 7.1 from 2012. It's high time that power user portion of the application received updates to the interface, IntelliSense, and features. That portion of the program needs to be aligned with the current features now available within the Microsoft Suite. It also needs a facelift to the Userforms palette. I suggest starting with Excel, where VBA is most widely used, then PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.

Don't go destroying developer's programs, just add interoperability, functions, and facelift.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base