Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add European banks to Money in Excel

Please add support for European banks for Money in Excel.
    For me ABN-AMRO would be highly appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add on Microsoft Barcode Control 16.0

This ActiveX Control included in previous version but start from Office 2016, it's removed. If able to add this control on next update. it's more better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. While using Excel to fill data in Income Tax Return, the popup for Add Rows has become permanent and is not going off.

While using Excel to fill data in Income Tax Return, the pop-up for Add Rows, the pop-up has become permanent and is covering unfilled rows. I have tried to remove it by adding a row but it is not going off. Please suggest how to remove this pop-up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stock Transactions in 'Money in Excel'

Money in Excel should be able to pull in stock transactions from investment accounts via Plaid.

For each transaction, this should include the stock symbol, the quantity of shares purchased/sold, and either the total currency amount or the price per share.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding a column for a note or memo on the transaction tab would be very helpful in excel money.

Having the ability to add a note or memo to a particular transaction further describing the transaction is very common in accounting software that this programming is replacing. Its the only thing I miss from quicken.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow access to the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel without having to upgrade an entire suite of applications to a business license.

I have Microsoft 365 Family and I need the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel to troubleshoot a couple of very complex worksheets. The only way to get it is for me to upgrade my entire suite of Office applications to a business license with no other option to get it. A tool to help maintain and repair an Excel sheet should be included with the product, or AT THE VERY LEAST offered for a reasonable additional price.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete by lines or Registered Cells B, C, D, E, F, G

Hi friend
    how can you help me make a macro
    I have a Data validation list as a list
    the list is in column B
    but when I already have data more than 6 lines and I need to delete a line that is in the middle I need to delete the line B9 THROUGH G9 when I select the blank B9 that is deleted that does not affect the account and that display the Cells does Above when I select on the White list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. VBA takes wrong branch at if-statement, Severe Bug in 64-Bit VBA

I have already explained the bug in detail here:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65041832/vba-takes-wrong-branch-at-if-statement-severe-compiler-bug

Because this is a massive inconsistency in behaviour between the 32- and 64-bit versions of VBA, I think it can potentially be very dangerous for people porting their old code. It could easily go unnoticed in an application for a while and cause significant havoc to important data.
    I hope this will get fixed soon!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide Option to (or just do it) to Recompile VBA on file open

Look on the internet and you'll see many posts regarding "Can't find project or library" when opening a file. It occurs randomly when opening a macro enable file.

The fix is always the same, make a copy to force Excel to ask to enable content/macros, do not enable content/macros, open VBA, recompile VBA, save/close file, open file and enable content/macros.

MS if you are not going to deal with the underlying issue please either always recompile VBA when opening a file or provide a user option to recompile VBA on file open.

This error is getting ridiculously popular and while…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Money in excel I need to be able to add account category beyond the default. Adding house in NW and need account category

Money in excel should be able to add account categories for net worth. there appear to only be 4 choices currently, which assets I own fall into none of these.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix "Money in Excel" I expected better form MS

Fix "Money in Excel" I expected better form MS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Money in Excel enhancement to show Net worth trended over time

Money in Excel enhancement to show Net worth trended over time. Example: show net worth monthly as of the first of each month:
    1 Jan = $20k | 1 Feb = $22k | 1 Mar = $19k | 1 Apr = $21k...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Date Picker/Input for VBA form

I know there is ActiveX control for date picker. but when I using VBA form, it don't have such as control to make user input date easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When recovering version from history, macro calls point to a wrong file

When recovering a previous versions, all OnAction properties are screwed up and point to some weird path to a file that doesnt exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide a data analysis option for factor analysis

Even offering just varimax rotation principal component analysis would be an excellent feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can’t remove the Macros button

I’m not able to remove the Macros button from developer tab in the new Excel version by right-clicking it! In the previous version2010 (build 13328.20292), we are able to remove the button by right-clicking it. Please revert this function in the new version! Currently I’m using 2010 (build 13328.20356).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow to customize at least 3 pushpin colours on Bing map dependent on column data (category column)

allow to customize at least 3 pushpin colours on Bing map dependent on column data (category column).
    Also being able to customise pin label. Example:

Address category label
    5 Sunshine road client Sunshine factory
    8 School street prospect Saint-Nick primary school

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SALUTATIONS / WELCOME NOTE

Excel Vba Code To Analyze The System Time And Show a “MsgBox” With Below Salutations Good Morning, Good Noon, Good Afternoon, Good Evening & Good Night.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Protection method override functionality

When we Protected a Workbook or Worksheet object using the .Protect method, it unprotected these objects. These methods should not work as toggles and ideally there should be a way to use them stateless. I could not find relevant documentation to have these methods work in that way. It would be a great optimization if not possible already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base