Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a feature that will auto send an email of your excel worksheet through outlook to coworkers at set times when the spreadsheet is runnin

Allow you to auto send emails at set times while a spreadsheet is open from excel through outlook to your coworkers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Excel so XNumbers works

XNumbers (v6) was a marvelous advanced mathematics add-in for earlier versions of Excel (before 2013). In Excel 2013, it caused Excel to open up empty worksheets, until an update fixed the problem. In Excel 2016, the empty worksheet symptom reappeared, until some further update "fixed" it so it no longer works at all! Why? The error message is unintelligible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Be able to use SQL directly on Excel Tables

Excel Tables are great, but they would be super is you could use SQL on them directly (like a range or worksheet). Select, Join, Insert, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Task reminder

Can we put a reminder for the task like due date reminder in excel? so, when we start any excel, we can see the reminder and also we can put extra features like reminder can assign to the group or users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add to the ribbon a nummeric up-down control

Not only to excel but to all of office
    implement getmin, getmax, getvalue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. يرفض برنامج الاكسل تسجيل ميكرو ويصدر رسالة تعذر التسجيل دائما

يرفض برنامج الاكسل تسجيل ميكرو ويصدر رسالة تعذر التسجيل دائما

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ERROR in VBA "Select Case" documentation.

The documentation for the "Select Case" statement is not current.

There is a reference in it to using "Like" or "Is" as part of the "Case" statement.

It does NOT work in VBA now. Apparently these tow words have been deleted and the compiler now figures it out itself.

But what a problem when I tried to use it and just got a compile error which specified some rules having to do with logical statements but nothing suggesting that "Is" or "Like" are not compiled now.

What a wast of peoples time to read the documentation and then find that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save worksheet as pdf macro

So I just had a long chat (more than 2 hours) with the Microsoft contact support desk and I even shared my screen with them. It was about creating a button in Excel so when i click on it, it saves the worksheet as a .pdf file. Well, the contact person tried everything, every possible code she knew, and it did not work.....HINT: Make it easier for non-coders! Also for other macro functions, like wiping out data without clearing the formula

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sandbox for Macros

The security for macros should be extended as new attacks arise. For example it should be possible to define some Sandbox for Macros, limiting their permissions: No file access, network access, etc
    Maybe it is possible to explicity ask the user if a macro tries to do one of these things

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add precedents & dependents to JavaScript API.

Please add functionality to future versions of the JavaScript API to trace precedents and dependents of cells, as per the features in VBA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office2013以前に作成したVBAをOffice2016以降で編集しなおすとOffice2013でコンパイルエラーになる

この現象はExcelのVBAでもAccessのVBAでも発生する現象です。

新しいPCをOffice2016 Proffesional Plusにしました。Excel2013以前に作成したVBAをExcel2016で修正して、Excel2016で実行すると問題なく実行できるが、Excel2016で修正したものをExcel2013以前で実行すると、VBAの中のDate関数やLeft関数などでコンパイルエラーが発生する。

原因はExcel2016のVBAではMicrosoft Office 16.0 Object Libraryが参照設定されてる。Excel2016でVBAを修正すると、この参照設定が保存される。この参照設定が保存されると、Excel2013以前でVBAを実行すると、Excel2013ではMicrosoft Office 16.0 Object Libraryが参照不可になり、しかもMicrosoft Office 15.0 Object Libraryの参照設定が外れてしまうため、Excel2013で実行時にコンパイルエラーが発生する。この現象は、Excel2013のVBAで参照不可になっているMicrosoft Office 16.0 Object Libraryを外して、Microsoft Office 15.0 Object Libraryの参照設定すると回避できる。

Accessも全く一緒で、VBAの関数やファイルダイアログやファイルシステムオブジェクトなどでコンパイルエラーが発生する。エラー回避するにはOffice2013のVBAで参照設定をやり直すしかないが、ランタイム版の場合は修正することができない。Office2016以降のVBAの参照設定にはMicrosoft Office 15.0 Object Libraryが見つからないのでどうすることもできない。

何台かで試したのですが、Office2013でもコンパイルエラーがでないPCもありました。Office2013(それ以前のバージョンも含む)のVBEの参照設定で、Microsoft Office 16.0 Object Libraryが自バージョンに置き換えられるものと置き換えられないものがあります(理由は不明)。置き換えられないものが参照不可となり、コンパイルエラーが発生します。

ただ参照不可となったPCでも、参照設定を1度行うとコンパイルエラーはなくなります。

私の環境で確認できるのはここまでで、参照設定を行うと逆にコンパイルエラーを再現させることができなくなります。今回のような現象は、OSやOffice2013の環境を何度もクリーンインストールができる環境であれば再現テストができると思います。この現象の厄介なところは一度回避をしてしまうと再現ができなくなり、以降の調査が難しくなります。

とりあえずの対処は、Office2016で作業したものを、現象を回避したOffice2013で保存し直したものを使うことにします。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Macros: Make it easy to WRITE * SAVE * SHARE * ADD to other Devices

Macros: #1 - provide better step by step instructions #2 - let me SAVE my macro to the Ribbon to apply with any spreadsheet #3 - let me easily add an ICON like I do for my desktop shortcuts, #4 - Let me share my macro with a friend #5 - Let me make it available to ALL of my devices - desktop, laptop, tablet, phone. Macros should not be difficult and they currently are !!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow plugins/add-ins to be accessible when a worksheet in excel is protected.

I have protected the excel sheets from users modifying cells and margins however for plugins/addins like T-BARCODE to generate barcodes in excel the add-in is denied from generting the appropiate barcodes when cells are linked to the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show Properties Pane Details

Enable the display (and setting) of all Workbook, Worksheet, and other object properties in the VBA Property Pane Window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VBA editor suggestion

List a module's routines and functions in expandable tree view under module name in VBA editor. Just use the existing object tree view but add another level down that lists each function or routine and make it so it takes me to that function when I click on it. Most times, I'm just trying to remember a function's name and I have to leave my current routine to go find it. This would allow me to see the function name without leaving my current module and routine or function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. LabArchives available on start screen

Allow for plugins like LabArchives to show up on start screen for excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excelマクロでオートフィルタして件数を取得するとオーバーフローします

Excel2016のVBAで、オートフィルタを設定しています。
    1行目にはタイトル行で、2行目以降にデータがあります。
    AutoFilterでフィルターして、2行目だけデータが抽出された際に、
    Range(Range("A2"), Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Countで件数を抽出しようとするとオーバーフローします。
    (別のファイルで違うデータで試した際は、2行目にデータが抽出しているにもかかわらず上記コマンドで0件となりました。)
    3行目以降にデータがある場合や、2行目にデータがあっても他の行でデータが抽出された場合は、この現象は発生しません。
    おそらくバグではないかと思われましたので、報告致します。
    宜しくお願い致します。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Excel Macro Recording Fails with the New Excel Comments.

Here I send a Macro that was recorded on Excel from Ofice 365 with a clear text on cell "B3", an Annotation on cell "B5" old excel comment, a new Excel Comment on cell "B9" and on cell "B12" the number "1234".
    If your clear "Delete" all of them on the worksheet and start the Macro that was recorded automatically by Excel we get Erro in execution Time '1004'

Sub Macro1()
    '
    ' Macro1 Macro
    '
    '
    Range("B3").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Teste 1"
    Range("B5").Select
    Range("B5").AddComment
    Range("B5").Comment.Visible = True
    Range("B5").Comment.Text Text:= _
    "Sergio Eduardo Antonio:" & Chr(10) & "Teste de Inclus?o de…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enviar e receber as respectivas respostas aos comentários no Excel.

Estou procurando informações a respeito de como posso enviar e receber as respectivas respostas aos comentários hoje disponíveis no Excel.
    Além disso também estou a procura de informações de como posso automatizar via C# VSTO no Visual Studio 2019 estes comentários atuais, não estou me referindo aos Notes antigos comentários. Também gostaria de confirmar se é possível reescrever via VSTO 100% do conteúdo destes comentários novos, isto é alterar até quem enviou e quem respondeu além de alterar as informações das datas. Pois tenho um projeto de criptografia que criptografa e descriptografa individualmente cada item contido em uma planilha Excel.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base