Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. quick view how to use everything it has to offer

There are those that are naturally talented on a excel and can find his way around with ease, then there is 30% that has no clue how it all works, those are the 60's generation, you would get a lot more people buying excel if there was some explanation short training video what the benefits are and how to use it to making their life a little more organized

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FIX dropdowns across versions

Quite often when you send an Excel file to someone who does not have the same version as the originator, the dropdowns don't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why not have the slider appear at the top of the embeded form so that it's not necessary to scrol it up to start reading.

Why not have the slider appear at the top of the embeded form so that it's not necessary to scroll up to start reading.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow full functionality with shared workbooks.

With the shared worked book i would like to see if i can now merged and actually change things besides just adding rows and columns. i would like to merge,and cells and etc while also tracking what someone else is doing in the same workbook. Same goes for excel online, i like to track what the other person on the workbook is doing.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base