Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opção de aplicação de filtros diferentes para pastas de trabalho compartilhadas.

Utilizo o Office 365 exclusivamente para compartilhar (mais de um usuario colaborar) com a alimentação de uma tabela no Excel. Lembro que antes, quando um usuario utilizava um filtro na tabela, isso não era aplicado a outros usuarios, o que acaba permitindo que cada colaborador podesse utilizar seu proprio filtro e trabalhar nos campos da tabela que lhe fossem mais uteis. Agora, quando um colaborador aplica um filtro, esse filtro é aplicado a todos os usuarios. Gostaria que implementassem uma maneira para que cada colaborador da planilha podesse utilizar seu proprio filtro de acordo com sua necessidade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Regarding encryption of cells and formula

Recently I have created an excel file in which some of the cells are locked and hidden as those cells contains a logical formula that I don't want to show to others. It is working fine with every application across the Mobile and desktop including 3rd party application like WPS also. But when I opened it through "SHEET" - an android application then every cell which is locked and hidden as well as password-protected is now editable through SHEET application. So please look into this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updating locally synced workbook links after the supporting file is changed in Sharepoint web app

We have a master summary excel spreadsheet which is linked to cells in supporting workbooks. The files are synced locally on my computer but saved on SharePoint. This way, other users make changes to the supporting workbooks using web access. Then, I open the summary excel spreadsheet saved locally and update values to received the new information. Even though the web version does not supporting linking between workbooks, this has worked in the past since all files are synced locally and the master is refreshed using computer app locally. Beginning on Friday 10/18/19, we started receiving an error for each…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Filter for only me the default action

When you are using the Desktop client of a shared file, changing the filter changes the view for everyone and not just you. This makes things difficult when you are working on a file with multiple people who are opening in both the web and desktop clients.

By default, the filter actions should only filter for yourself allowing other people to manage their own views without impacting everybody else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. share file via teams

When working in the desktop app sharing a file generates an e-mail with a link, it would be nice if one of the choices was to send the link via Teams chat.

Important and urgent items are less likely missed when sent via chat for people who receive hundreds of e-mails a day

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sticky Notes

Allow for the addition of non-cell specific notes to be added to a spreadsheet in a very visual way to allow people to, at a glance, review and add thoughts, ideas, etc. I feel that this is something that is sorely lacking in all of the Microsoft Office products and is a tremendous tool tha I have used in other software. See attached for an example

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. que en la version de excel 365 home la posibilidad de datos geograficos

agreguen en la version de excel 365 home la posibilidad de datos de acciones y geograficos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. comments and/or commentsthread - resource to consolidate (structured table)

resource consolidate table (structured tabular, also indicating worksheet, cell/address/table/field for ever

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Live chat functionality in sharepoint excel doc

Live chat functionality in sharepoint excel doc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As what i experience

my files can't link to my friend's office edges in ms excel app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cast To Chromecast

With Google Chrome you are able to cast your screen to Chromecast (A google product) it would be amazing if you could do it in Microsoft word and more!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. formulas not working in lower version of excell when u share

Dear team., when i prepare a sheet in office 365 and share with my team , since my team has no updated version the formulas i used in 365 doesent work in their system ., please suggest on the same

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Github + Excel

Allow Github/git to be able to diff xlsx files. MSFT bought Github. Now help Excel developers harness git's phenomenal plaintext version control system. This would change lives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please change the shortcut keys of the new "comments" to the old utility. IE notes

Please change the shortcut keys so that they are like there used to be.
    Threaded comments are not a good replacement. Make new shortcuts for them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give file viewers the possibility of adding comments (new, threaded version)

Please consider giving people with read-only access the possibility to add Comments to cells. (I am referring to the new threaded version of comments).

This would greatly help with collaboration, as we have some files that only a few users should actually modify, but many need to request modifications.

Right now, we must choose between three undesirable options. (1) View files with read-only permissions; (2) give all users editing permissions (risking unwanted edits); (3) give all users editing permissions, but then Protecting the worksheet with a password, and allowing users to modify objects (this is a very cumbersome work-around, as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Co Author

The co author feature in excel is not safe. If the excel file is uploaded on my onedrive and If some unknown person gets the link that person can log in and make changes to my workbook which I think is not good.
    Therefore when a new person is accessing the link to my workbook he/she should get a pop up for a password that needs to be entered to access my file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel share option

My team members regularly need to work on the same excel file and we are using office 365 in our organization and what I noticed is that, If I share the work in share option using one drive. They couldn't able to apply filters to their allocation of work even after they use desktop Excel app. If one team member applies the filter, it was reflecting to other team members as well. Which is not helping the purpose of 'Share' option in Excel.

Can someone fix this issue? Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create web link to specific cell

It would be useful to have a "create link to specific cell" feature. i.e. , right click on cell in either desktop or web version of excel and it copies to clipboard a link of the form "https://foo.sharepoint.com/sites/...B4"
    When clicked this link will open the relevant spreadsheet and go to that cell, either in desktop or web excel.

for more information https://superuser.com/questions/1477620/excel-equivalent-of-get-link-to-this-cell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. online spreadsheet size limit

Dear the limit for one drive online spreadsheets is 5mb per spreadsheet.
    Is there any way to increase this limit?
    I have an 11mb spreadsheet and can't open in shared online edit mode due to microsoft limit

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to be able to protect a cell and copy its calculated content to a word document currently from what I can tell is you cannot

I have created a spreadsheet to calculate phrases and numbers from America to SI and would like to protect the cells calculation and copy the result to another program or word doc. I have a poor workaround where I point to the cell that has the Calculation in column L of the attached file which is unprotect but it easy to lose the formula as you copy the result which is a pain for a person that does little with excel if there is a work around or you make this possible PLEASE! let me know at Joseph.Dyer@usda.gov We have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base