Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share individual worksheet

It would be useful if it was possible to share individual worksheets in an Excel workbook. I would like to be able to create a workbook with multiple sheets and share just one of those sheets with others Office 365 users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to disable real time coauthoring. It makes it impossible for people to activate different filters at the same time.

Make it possible to disable real time coauthoring. It makes it impossible for people to activate different filters at the same time. Changing the documents at the same time is fine. Seeing real time what the other is doing is not always wanted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disributed calculation (with colleagues computers)

I'm sure that Microsoft's experts will be able to optimize the Power Query code. However, almost certainly there will be users with very massive models that update very long. Please add the possibility of using distributed computing to process Power query queries.
    It would be very cool if we will be able to configure in a simple interface wich of colleagues computers in the local network (and maybe on the Internet), whose resources, can be used to speed up the calculation. And when processing queries, use avialable resources together.
    In addition, the use of distributed computing in a local network…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow autosave/co-authoring for password protected workbooks

When using co-authoring with Autosave in latest Excel desktop client, it fails if the workbook is password protected. Allow multiple users to edit a password protected workbook.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. email a sheet from a spreadsheet with multiple sheets

Would like the ability to email or share one sheet from a spreadsheet and not the all sheets created for that particular work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please solve the email service aading poor connection problem

microsoft and other email account link option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'd love to be able to "sign up" for an email notification each time one of our collaborative spreadsheets in Sharepoint is changed.

I'd love to be able to "sign up" for an email notification each time one of our collaborative spreadsheets in Sharepoint is changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring Back the right click option for saving to Word or Powerpoint Tables

Previous when clicking on Microsoft Excel, there was a choice to Export to Powerpoint or Export to Word, then save table in different formats.

Please bring that feature back. It made my work flow move faster.

Thank You

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Team Chat

Small chat windows for users currently editing a document to chat in. Windows would be on a document by document basis and visible to all users editing the document

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Paste tables from word / outlook without splitting multiline cells into multiple rows

let users paste a table from Word / Outlook to excel without introducing new rows... (just ignore the line breaks so that multiple lines of text from a cell in WORD is still just one cell in EXCEL.

these tables in word or outlook are probably pasted from Excel to word/outlook in the first place :)

copying tables back should be the same... or maybe a PASTE SPECIAL option "paste from table"...

Without this feature, your users have been for the past decade using workarounds like:
    * paste in to google sheets and moving that file back...
    * replace newline…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. unique user view of filtered data in shared worksheet

allow users of shared worksheets to filter their view of the data without affecting the view of others who are also using the same spreadsheet even when saving the document.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send in-application notifications to those shared on a workbook.

In a shared document, other team members may be waiting for me to make some changes or I may have a question about something in the doc. There should be a way to click on the share button and then send an email notification to those shared on the workbook: "Hey folks, I just got such and such done, so now you can do x, y, or z" or "Can someone explain why ...."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable data query refresh (with PowerPivot tables) when workbook structure is protected

I want to protect the queries from being changed but want users to have the capability to refresh the data model (that uses PowerPivot).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currency conversion

Simple option analogues to "find and replace" can be added.
    Step 1- Select the cells you want to apply currency conversion
    Step 2- Either excel automatically detects what currency it is or you can select what currency it is on the cell
    Step 3- select the currency you want to convert to? select the exchange rate(users should have options to use real time rated or predefined at that moment)
    Step 4- Your cell have been converted to desired currency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lock and unlock worksheets

As owner of a workbook I don't want other users to amend formulas. I do however reserve the right to amend them myself. This functionality would allow me to make edits remotely without losing my control over the integrity of the calculations in the workbook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set default date format independent of User & native settings

We have strict date format rules for documenting R&D work. It would be nice to set that to default date format no matter who opens the file (internal, external, US, UK, etc.). Currently, the only open is to change each date using Custom Date format and copying and pasting the format, which is tedious. I'm not sure if enabling in the Options would be the solution.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. gmail account

have it so i can click a gmail logo and it will send me to my gmail account with the attached form in the new email......

or have it like google docs i can see other people edit it at the same time as me

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add UNC Path Option in When Sharing

When you are editing a file on a shared drive, you should allow the user to "attach" a UNC link to the file in the same way you provide Sharepoint/OneDrive links.

As extra credit, you should check to make sure that the recipients have access to the file (at the very least, you should warn if sending to external email addresses).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base