Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prepayments Template for Finance

I have created a prepayments schedule for book-keepers and accountants. Would this prove useful for any one?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a way to view individual cell history in a table

Preferably it would show which users made the edit and the value changes made to the cell. If log is to cumbersome, even last 5 edits would be nice to view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In google sheets I can who changed each cell. Why can I not do that in the microsoft equivalent product: Office365 Sheets? Contact me

In google sheets I can who changed each cell. Why can I not do that in the microsoft equivalent product: Office365 Sheets? Contact me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide resolved comments

Archiving or option to hide resolved comments!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel Workbook Collaborative Reminders

This applies to scenarios where making a workbook a shared file so everyone can edit at the same time isn't feasible

Sometimes when multiple people are trying to work within the same workbook, the person who is currently working in the spreadsheet will forget about it if multi-tasking and doing other things. The other people waiting have no idea if the other person is actually still working in the workbook or forgot about it or worse, is away from their desk. A solution to this would be to create a reminder that pops-up in the workbook with two buttons after…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dynamic/Conditional range in Allow Edit Ranges

Assume an excel file which requires feedback from many people. The file contains many lines and each line is assigned to specific person = requires feedback only from this specific person and no one else should be allowed to edit this line.
    Allow Edit Ranges function should facilitate collaboration on this file, except that the lines assigned per person are frequently changing, leading the administrator of the file to manually adjust the allowed ranges assigned per person, in the Allow Edit Ranges menu.

There should be the possibility to automatically adjust the allowed ranges assigned per person in the Allow…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. @mentions to show up in MS Teams activity feed

Currently when you @mention a user on a comment inside Excel they only get an email notification. When the file resides in MS Teams it seems logical that an @mention should show up in the activity feed. It's confusing to use Teams for collaboration (communication and file sharing) and then need to rely on the @mention notification to come from another platform (email).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enhance the share button for Excel, Word, and PPT.

Add more share options and not just OneDrive and Email. Share via Teams, integrate the Box share plug-in (instead of a separate button), Yammer, To-Do, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email worksheet as pdf

These are currently two separate export options, email vs export to pdf.
    So emailing a worksheet as pdf turns into a six steps process: 1) export to pdf; 2) choose folder and save; 3) switch to outlook; 4) create email; 5) add attachment; 6) choose folder then pdf file. If lucky, it can go a couple steps down when outlooks prelists recent pdf created as attachment candidates.

Why not simply a single option to send current worksheet as pdf by email?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Opção de aplicação de filtros diferentes para pastas de trabalho compartilhadas.

Utilizo o Office 365 exclusivamente para compartilhar (mais de um usuario colaborar) com a alimentação de uma tabela no Excel. Lembro que antes, quando um usuario utilizava um filtro na tabela, isso não era aplicado a outros usuarios, o que acaba permitindo que cada colaborador podesse utilizar seu proprio filtro e trabalhar nos campos da tabela que lhe fossem mais uteis. Agora, quando um colaborador aplica um filtro, esse filtro é aplicado a todos os usuarios. Gostaria que implementassem uma maneira para que cada colaborador da planilha podesse utilizar seu proprio filtro de acordo com sua necessidade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Updating locally synced workbook links after the supporting file is changed in Sharepoint web app

We have a master summary excel spreadsheet which is linked to cells in supporting workbooks. The files are synced locally on my computer but saved on SharePoint. This way, other users make changes to the supporting workbooks using web access. Then, I open the summary excel spreadsheet saved locally and update values to received the new information. Even though the web version does not supporting linking between workbooks, this has worked in the past since all files are synced locally and the master is refreshed using computer app locally. Beginning on Friday 10/18/19, we started receiving an error for each…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. On Excel can you add the ability to email out individual sheet tabs on a workbook ?

I have on 1 workbook anywhere from 5 to 50 individual sheets tabs open for my events. When i try to email an individual event to a specific client it only allows me to email the entire work book with all other events on it. Then it prompts me to save a copy of one individual sheet tab as its own work book and email it out that way. that means that i would have to save a copy and email out each individual sheet tab. Counter productive and takes too long. Can it be fixed to where you can…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Filter for only me the default action

When you are using the Desktop client of a shared file, changing the filter changes the view for everyone and not just you. This makes things difficult when you are working on a file with multiple people who are opening in both the web and desktop clients.

By default, the filter actions should only filter for yourself allowing other people to manage their own views without impacting everybody else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sticky Notes

Allow for the addition of non-cell specific notes to be added to a spreadsheet in a very visual way to allow people to, at a glance, review and add thoughts, ideas, etc. I feel that this is something that is sorely lacking in all of the Microsoft Office products and is a tremendous tool tha I have used in other software. See attached for an example

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. que en la version de excel 365 home la posibilidad de datos geograficos

agreguen en la version de excel 365 home la posibilidad de datos de acciones y geograficos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. comments and/or commentsthread - resource to consolidate (structured table)

resource consolidate table (structured tabular, also indicating worksheet, cell/address/table/field for ever

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Live chat functionality in sharepoint excel doc

Live chat functionality in sharepoint excel doc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As what i experience

my files can't link to my friend's office edges in ms excel app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. formulas not working in lower version of excell when u share

Dear team., when i prepare a sheet in office 365 and share with my team , since my team has no updated version the formulas i used in 365 doesent work in their system ., please suggest on the same

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Github + Excel

Allow Github/git to be able to diff xlsx files. MSFT bought Github. Now help Excel developers harness git's phenomenal plaintext version control system. This would change lives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base