Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi user filtering without changing view of other users on desktop

The possibility for each user to have their own filtered view is already available for the web app. But still not implemented in the desktop app!

Since most of my colleagues rely on the desktop app, sometimes it's confusing to collaborate in big documents where each user has to use their own filters.

Please extend this already implemented feature on the web app also on the desktop app.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On Excel can you add the ability to email out individual sheet tabs on a workbook ?

I have on 1 workbook anywhere from 5 to 50 individual sheets tabs open for my events. When i try to email an individual event to a specific client it only allows me to email the entire work book with all other events on it. Then it prompts me to save a copy of one individual sheet tab as its own work book and email it out that way. that means that i would have to save a copy and email out each individual sheet tab. Counter productive and takes too long. Can it be fixed to where you can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sticky Notes

Allow for the addition of non-cell specific notes to be added to a spreadsheet in a very visual way to allow people to, at a glance, review and add thoughts, ideas, etc. I feel that this is something that is sorely lacking in all of the Microsoft Office products and is a tremendous tool tha I have used in other software. See attached for an example

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cast To Chromecast

With Google Chrome you are able to cast your screen to Chromecast (A google product) it would be amazing if you could do it in Microsoft word and more!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Co Author

The co author feature in excel is not safe. If the excel file is uploaded on my onedrive and If some unknown person gets the link that person can log in and make changes to my workbook which I think is not good.
    Therefore when a new person is accessing the link to my workbook he/she should get a pop up for a password that needs to be entered to access my file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NEED TRACK CHANGES IN EXCEL BACK!

We have to save each edited version now rather than just have a sheet that lists the changes that were made to an excel document. That is absurd. You deemed it limited but the work around we have to do now for it, is ridiculous on our end.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create web link to specific cell

It would be useful to have a "create link to specific cell" feature. i.e. , right click on cell in either desktop or web version of excel and it copies to clipboard a link of the form "https://foo.sharepoint.com/sites/...B4"
    When clicked this link will open the relevant spreadsheet and go to that cell, either in desktop or web excel.

for more information https://superuser.com/questions/1477620/excel-equivalent-of-get-link-to-this-cell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. online spreadsheet size limit

Dear the limit for one drive online spreadsheets is 5mb per spreadsheet.
    Is there any way to increase this limit?
    I have an 11mb spreadsheet and can't open in shared online edit mode due to microsoft limit

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to be able to protect a cell and copy its calculated content to a word document currently from what I can tell is you cannot

I have created a spreadsheet to calculate phrases and numbers from America to SI and would like to protect the cells calculation and copy the result to another program or word doc. I have a poor workaround where I point to the cell that has the Calculation in column L of the attached file which is unprotect but it easy to lose the formula as you copy the result which is a pain for a person that does little with excel if there is a work around or you make this possible PLEASE! let me know at Joseph.Dyer@usda.gov We have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to protect a cell and copy its calculated content to a word document currently from what I can tell is you cannot

I have created a spreadsheet to calculate phrases and numbers from America to SI and would like to protect the cells calculation and copy the result to another program or word doc. I have a poor workaround where I point to the cell that has the Calculation in column L of the attached file which is unprotect but it easy to lose the formula as you copy the result which is a pain for a person that does little with excel if there is a work around or you make this possible PLEASE! let me know at Joseph.Dyer@usda.gov We have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Share selection with outlook

Share your election of data (including a date) with outlook tasks, calendar or wunderlist

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel gantt chart should be able to live share information

i should be able to live share an update with a group of people, for example if i change anything on the project another person should be able to see that or get a notification that it has been changed, or we can edit it live so the person can see the changes i am doing at the same moment as i am updating it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Na função DDB , substituir "Do While DepYear < 1 Or DepYear > LifeTime" por "Do While DepYear < 1 Or val(DepYear )> LifeTime"

Com o intuito de evitar um loop infinito na função : Depreciação sugiro uma pequena correção do código conforme arquivo anexo. Se o código não for alterado um loop será gerado se o usuário digitar um ano invalido para a depreciação. Obrigado.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Na função DDB , substituir "Do While DepYear < 1 Or DepYear > LifeTime" por "Do While DepYear < 1 Or val(DepYear )> LifeTime"

Com o intuito de evitar um loop infinito na função : Depreciação sugiro uma pequena correção do código conforme arquivo anexo. Se o código não for alterado um loop será gerado se o usuário digitar um ano invalido para a depreciação. Obrigado.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. hi

hi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Excel to send a Task to Outlook

Some users use Excel for tracking of various tasks or operational reviews. At the end, follow-up minutes and tasks will have to be created. It would be great to have a function like in OneNote to create a Task in Outlook. Information about Due Date and Assignee should be embeddable into the cell with a little popup window.
    When in Outlook, you should be able to click the task and go back to the Excel document (and specific cell) stored on the SharePoint.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Threaded Comments Features

1. Since we are collaborating, it would be nice to have the ability to filter the comments for @mentions. This is helpful to make sure that I reply to everything I needed to.

2. The @mention email notifications are not detailed. It should include more information, including the cell identification.

3. Ability to choose if we want to display all comments or just comments for a particular cell.

4. @Mention with an option to require reply from one or more of the individuals in a comment. If no reply, send follow up email notification. Maybe even have the ability for the commenter to set…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Excel share option

My team members regularly need to work on the same excel file and we are using office 365 in our organization and what I noticed is that, If I share the work in share option using one drive. They couldn't able to apply filters to their allocation of work even after they use desktop Excel app. If one team member applies the filter, it was reflecting to other team members as well. Which is not helping the purpose of 'Share' option in Excel.

Can someone fix this issue? Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using Excel (desktop application) in Teams, the file will automatically refresh and reflect filter changes made by other users who are

We noticed that Excel desktop application in Teams will automatically refresh and reflect filter changes made by other users who are also using the file at the same time. This makes it frustratingly hard for users to make changes in the same file because each user would loose their spot that they are working on and no one user can keep the filters constant so they only work on the rows that pertain to them.
    Overall, the accounting team that I am a part of really like the collaborative-ness of Excel in Teams ... but this is one item that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mailmerge with attachment ,CC and BCC option

Pl give option to attach files,put persons in CC and BCC in excel /Outlook mail merge will be more colobrative

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base