Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Em uma tabela compartilhada quando aplico um filtro esse filtro é aplicado para todos usuários da tabela, isso é muito inconveniente

Em uma tabela compartilhada quando aplico um filtro esse filtro é aplicado para todos usuários da tabela, isso é muito inconveniente, pois atrapalha as outras pessoas que estão editando ao mesmo tempo.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. co-authoring track changes history

I love that using co-authoring you can manage how you share the excel file with your team wherein you can set a user as view only and the others will have the capability to edit. I however extremely need this TRACK CHANGES features 1.) alert notification real-time whenever there is change. This should have an on/off settings so you can turn this on if you want to monitor the progress real-time, 2.) you can check changes history who edit what and you can set the date so that you can select from the start and end date of the project.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NEED TRACK CHANGES IN EXCEL BACK!

We have to save each edited version now rather than just have a sheet that lists the changes that were made to an excel document. That is absurd. You deemed it limited but the work around we have to do now for it, is ridiculous on our end.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi user filtering without changing view of other users on desktop

The possibility for each user to have their own filtered view is already available for the web app. But still not implemented in the desktop app!

Since most of my colleagues rely on the desktop app, sometimes it's confusing to collaborate in big documents where each user has to use their own filters.

Please extend this already implemented feature on the web app also on the desktop app.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In google sheets I can who changed each cell. Why can I not do that in the microsoft equivalent product: Office365 Sheets? Contact me

In google sheets I can who changed each cell. Why can I not do that in the microsoft equivalent product: Office365 Sheets? Contact me

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Filter for only me the default action

When you are using the Desktop client of a shared file, changing the filter changes the view for everyone and not just you. This makes things difficult when you are working on a file with multiple people who are opening in both the web and desktop clients.

By default, the filter actions should only filter for yourself allowing other people to manage their own views without impacting everybody else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sticky Notes

Allow for the addition of non-cell specific notes to be added to a spreadsheet in a very visual way to allow people to, at a glance, review and add thoughts, ideas, etc. I feel that this is something that is sorely lacking in all of the Microsoft Office products and is a tremendous tool tha I have used in other software. See attached for an example

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. que en la version de excel 365 home la posibilidad de datos geograficos

agreguen en la version de excel 365 home la posibilidad de datos de acciones y geograficos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. comments and/or commentsthread - resource to consolidate (structured table)

resource consolidate table (structured tabular, also indicating worksheet, cell/address/table/field for ever

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live chat functionality in sharepoint excel doc

Live chat functionality in sharepoint excel doc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. co-authoring track change history

I love that using co-authoring you can manage how you share the excel file with your team wherein you can set a user as view only and the others will have the capability to edit. I however extremely need this TRACK CHANGES features 1.) alert notification real-time whenever there is change. This should have an on/off settings so you can turn this on if you want to monitor the progress real-time, 2.) you can check changes history who edit what and you can set the date so that you can select from the start and end date of the project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As what i experience

my files can't link to my friend's office edges in ms excel app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. formulas not working in lower version of excell when u share

Dear team., when i prepare a sheet in office 365 and share with my team , since my team has no updated version the formulas i used in 365 doesent work in their system ., please suggest on the same

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a way to view individual cell history in a table

Preferably it would show which users made the edit and the value changes made to the cell. If log is to cumbersome, even last 5 edits would be nice to view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Github + Excel

Allow Github/git to be able to diff xlsx files. MSFT bought Github. Now help Excel developers harness git's phenomenal plaintext version control system. This would change lives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please change the shortcut keys of the new "comments" to the old utility. IE notes

Please change the shortcut keys so that they are like there used to be.
    Threaded comments are not a good replacement. Make new shortcuts for them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On Excel can you add the ability to email out individual sheet tabs on a workbook ?

I have on 1 workbook anywhere from 5 to 50 individual sheets tabs open for my events. When i try to email an individual event to a specific client it only allows me to email the entire work book with all other events on it. Then it prompts me to save a copy of one individual sheet tab as its own work book and email it out that way. that means that i would have to save a copy and email out each individual sheet tab. Counter productive and takes too long. Can it be fixed to where you can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give file viewers the possibility of adding comments (new, threaded version)

Please consider giving people with read-only access the possibility to add Comments to cells. (I am referring to the new threaded version of comments).

This would greatly help with collaboration, as we have some files that only a few users should actually modify, but many need to request modifications.

Right now, we must choose between three undesirable options. (1) View files with read-only permissions; (2) give all users editing permissions (risking unwanted edits); (3) give all users editing permissions, but then Protecting the worksheet with a password, and allowing users to modify objects (this is a very cumbersome work-around, as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cast To Chromecast

With Google Chrome you are able to cast your screen to Chromecast (A google product) it would be amazing if you could do it in Microsoft word and more!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Email worksheet as pdf

These are currently two separate export options, email vs export to pdf.
    So emailing a worksheet as pdf turns into a six steps process: 1) export to pdf; 2) choose folder and save; 3) switch to outlook; 4) create email; 5) add attachment; 6) choose folder then pdf file. If lucky, it can go a couple steps down when outlooks prelists recent pdf created as attachment candidates.

Why not simply a single option to send current worksheet as pdf by email?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base