Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Excel to send a Task to Outlook

Some users use Excel for tracking of various tasks or operational reviews. At the end, follow-up minutes and tasks will have to be created. It would be great to have a function like in OneNote to create a Task in Outlook. Information about Due Date and Assignee should be embeddable into the cell with a little popup window.
    When in Outlook, you should be able to click the task and go back to the Excel document (and specific cell) stored on the SharePoint.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Resource

Automatically setup resources to be notified/alerted by an e-mail on tasks starting date of pre-set task description/instruction/schedule

Also, at the beginning of each project, an email notification for each resource member of his/her (only) tasks/schedule on this project

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. online spreadsheet size limit

Dear the limit for one drive online spreadsheets is 5mb per spreadsheet.
    Is there any way to increase this limit?
    I have an 11mb spreadsheet and can't open in shared online edit mode due to microsoft limit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Updating locally synced workbook links after the supporting file is changed in Sharepoint web app

We have a master summary excel spreadsheet which is linked to cells in supporting workbooks. The files are synced locally on my computer but saved on SharePoint. This way, other users make changes to the supporting workbooks using web access. Then, I open the summary excel spreadsheet saved locally and update values to received the new information. Even though the web version does not supporting linking between workbooks, this has worked in the past since all files are synced locally and the master is refreshed using computer app locally. Beginning on Friday 10/18/19, we started receiving an error for each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NEED TRACK CHANGES IN EXCEL BACK!

We have to save each edited version now rather than just have a sheet that lists the changes that were made to an excel document. That is absurd. You deemed it limited but the work around we have to do now for it, is ridiculous on our end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel share option

My team members regularly need to work on the same excel file and we are using office 365 in our organization and what I noticed is that, If I share the work in share option using one drive. They couldn't able to apply filters to their allocation of work even after they use desktop Excel app. If one team member applies the filter, it was reflecting to other team members as well. Which is not helping the purpose of 'Share' option in Excel.

Can someone fix this issue? Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. protect sheet

Just for consitency how about making the icons for Protect Workbook and Protect Worksheet act the same way.

One simply changes to Unprotect Sheet the other highlights to show it is on.

How about both highlighting to show on and renaming also to Unprotect.

And inside the dialogs showing both others have (Optional) passwords. It is not stated in both dialogs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Thanks for excel, word and Microsoft services. I have paid Office 365 on both applications. Then the robot asks me my Microsoft informations

On me demande mes informations de connexion. Je tente de re-créer un compte microsoft, on me pose un tas de questions, je réponds comme je peux, je paie Office 365 pour Excel et Word (200€ pour un an). Pendant ce temps, Microsoft m'envoie un code, que je mets. Rien ne correspond. Je ne peux pas ouvrir Excel. On me demande un code, que je n'ai pas reçu. J'ai déjà payé. Impossible de se connecter. Le mail est obsolète. Je ne peux répondre à toutes les questions. On va m'envoyer un code. J'ai déjà payé. Le code arrive mais n'est pas…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Em uma tabela compartilhada quando aplico um filtro esse filtro é aplicado para todos usuários da tabela, isso é muito inconveniente

Em uma tabela compartilhada quando aplico um filtro esse filtro é aplicado para todos usuários da tabela, isso é muito inconveniente, pois atrapalha as outras pessoas que estão editando ao mesmo tempo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create web link to specific cell

It would be useful to have a "create link to specific cell" feature. i.e. , right click on cell in either desktop or web version of excel and it copies to clipboard a link of the form "https://foo.sharepoint.com/sites/...B4"
    When clicked this link will open the relevant spreadsheet and go to that cell, either in desktop or web excel.

for more information https://superuser.com/questions/1477620/excel-equivalent-of-get-link-to-this-cell

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Filtering Needs to Work in Co-Authoring

Say that several people are editing the same workbook. If Tom filters to show only his records, then the other people will only see Tom's records. We need to be able to have each person apply a different filter and see only their records.
    Note that it is fine to require that the workbook can not have SUBTOTAL or AGGREGATE functions in order for independent filtering to work. If you allow these functions, then everyone will have different calculation results which would be problematic.
    It is more important to us to be able to have each person apply a local…

429 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to turn off cache shared documents, so that they don't clash with Sharepoint documents.

For SharePoint access, unfortunately with AutoSave turned off, the cached version of Excel is what is opened locally instead of the sharepoinnt version of an Excel Spreadsheet. The only way to sync up to the SharePoint version is to delete the cached version that is stored locally on your machine. But how to do this? It is buried and hidden, you have to go to the Office Upload app and then delete the cached spreadsheet name that is waiting to be uploaded to the SharePoint. Then and only then can one fetch the correct version of the SharePoint Excel spreadsheet.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How to Open 7z File?

Are you forget your 7z file password? and now if you want to open it without any hassle, then buy eSoftTools 7z password recovery software in a very low cost. This tool unlocks a 7z file in just few minutes with the help of these techniques- Brute Force attack, Mask attack and Dictionary attack. It can break any combination and any language, and there is always a preview on your display so that you can see the performance of recovery.

Search on google for more info:- eSoftTools 7z Password Recovery

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Threaded Comments Features

1. Since we are collaborating, it would be nice to have the ability to filter the comments for @mentions. This is helpful to make sure that I reply to everything I needed to.

2. The @mention email notifications are not detailed. It should include more information, including the cell identification.

3. Ability to choose if we want to display all comments or just comments for a particular cell.

4. @Mention with an option to require reply from one or more of the individuals in a comment. If no reply, send follow up email notification. Maybe even have the ability for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When using Excel (desktop application) in Teams, the file will automatically refresh and reflect filter changes made by other users who are

We noticed that Excel desktop application in Teams will automatically refresh and reflect filter changes made by other users who are also using the file at the same time. This makes it frustratingly hard for users to make changes in the same file because each user would loose their spot that they are working on and no one user can keep the filters constant so they only work on the rows that pertain to them.
    Overall, the accounting team that I am a part of really like the collaborative-ness of Excel in Teams ... but this is one item that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. History of chat in excel

chat records , chat feature built in ..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need features similar to Smartsheets

I have been using Smartsheets in lieu of excel as it allows me to assign a row to contacts for actions in their court and sends them reminders to update progress. Also the collaboration and sharing of workbooks feature that provides current information would be very helpful with Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need features similar to Smartsheets

I have been using Smartsheets in lieu of excel as it allows me to assign a row to contacts for actions in their court and sends them reminders to update progress. Also the collaboration and sharing of workbooks feature that provides current information would be very helpful with Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fil

Please¡¡¡¡ Why Microsoft does not permit multiple views when several users are work at the same book?
    Google Sheet permits it.
    Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show all comments in workbook, not just on active sheet

I'm liking the new threaded comments feature as this allows us to track issues in models and resolve them before release. As a reviewer, however, it would be good to be able to see all comments (i.e. issues) in the workbook, rather than just the ones on the active sheet.

Also, it might be useful to be able to assign (multiple?) user-defined categories to comments (for example 'urgent', 'completed', 'UI', 'performance') and be able to filter the list for these items.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base