Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a 64-bit version of Excel

Computer hardware and operating systems have been 64-bit for over a decade. Excel (and Office) still run as 32-bit applications, unless one goes out of their way to install 64-bit.

Can you make changes to Excel necessary to recommend 64-bit as the default?

(2016-05-10 Dan [MS] - added this idea to break out the 64-bit portion of this existing idea, since we've added the ability for 32-bit to address more memory: https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/13522164-increase-usable-memory-or-switch-to-64-bit-excel-a )

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the "Light Gray" theme

"White" is too light, "Dark Gray" is too dark, and "Colorful" is too green! The "Light Gray" theme from Office 2013 was perfect - please bring it back.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mr.

Having any exchange database related issues? then fret not as you can now take help of the best professional exchange recovery tool available, the EdbMails EDB to PST Converter, to convert Exchange database (EDB) files to Outlook PST files.

EdbMails is built on some of the most advanced algorithms that can recover every last bit of information from your exchange database with ease. Not only can it repair EDB databases but also recover all the mailboxes with all their associated properties like (email, tasks, attachment etc.) in individual PST files. The PST files can then be imported into Outlook.For more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. i

i have already renewed my licence …..subricrition ...bbut its not yet activated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A protectected with password Excel worksheet and protectected workbook can be edited in Google Sheets without knowing the password. Fix it.

If we create an Excel sheet in Excel for windows (Desktop Application) and protect some locked cells or protect worksheet or workbook with password. The protection work perfectly fine. But if we open the same Excel sheet in Google Sheets then the protection become useless i.e. We can easily edit or delete the contents in the worksheet protected in MS Excel if we open it in Google Sheets. Fix it, otherwise protection in MS Excel becomes useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Help in french to discover how use power pivot AND include already power pivot in excel

I discover recently the existence of power pivot
    I supposed before that it was an application separately of office or other
    I discover that power pivot can be use in excel
    Suggestion : ialready nclude power pivot in excel when we procede the installation of office
    I wish to learn how use powerpivot and it's not easy because many video or texts in English!!!!!

Excuse my English, I'm not very good

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a means of sending a screenshot of a problem in feedback

Screenshot does not work in feedback and there is no way of activating it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel customizations-utility to backup all

Utility to backup all user's customizations. I have a batch file to backup all my settings below but I'm not sure if I have them all.
    Custom Lists must be exported from registry and imported. Most users won't know how to export from the registry and they shouldn't attempt it either.
    It would be nice to have a utility that backups all user's customizations/settings.

book.xlsx
    sheet.xlsx
    Charts
    Custom lists
    Toolbars

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Alt accelerators to the Options dialog box (in all Office applications)

It would be a time saver to have Alt accelerators on the items in the Options dialog box (General, Formulas, Proofing, etc, including actual option items in the main part of the window) after pressing Alt+F+T.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bitness Registry Entry

It is extremely difficult/impossible for an Installer to determine what bitness of Office is installed without opening Excel (which is not practical). We need an accessible registry key that indicates the bitness of the installed Office system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. liescene my excel

i want to liecnce my verfication

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base