Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable pdf Hyperlink Warnings For Office 2016 programs

I have a macro that opens a hyperlink from a sheet and then downloads the file associated with that hyperlink. However, if the hyperlink is to a pdf file, I get a security warning message asking me if I would like to open the file. This negates the automatic process of the macro.

I've contacted support and they have stated that in Excel 2016 it is not possible to disable this warning message for a pdf file (however it is for other file types). I would like this feature added back in to Excel.

The community link further describing the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a 64-bit version of Excel

Computer hardware and operating systems have been 64-bit for over a decade. Excel (and Office) still run as 32-bit applications, unless one goes out of their way to install 64-bit.

Can you make changes to Excel necessary to recommend 64-bit as the default?

(2016-05-10 Dan [MS] - added this idea to break out the 64-bit portion of this existing idea, since we've added the ability for 32-bit to address more memory: https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/13522164-increase-usable-memory-or-switch-to-64-bit-excel-a )

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back the "Light Gray" theme

"White" is too light, "Dark Gray" is too dark, and "Colorful" is too green! The "Light Gray" theme from Office 2013 was perfect - please bring it back.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel customizations-utility to backup all

Utility to backup all user's customizations. I have a batch file to backup all my settings below but I'm not sure if I have them all.
    Custom Lists must be exported from registry and imported. Most users won't know how to export from the registry and they shouldn't attempt it either.
    It would be nice to have a utility that backups all user's customizations/settings.

book.xlsx
    sheet.xlsx
    Charts
    Custom lists
    Toolbars

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base