Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. STOP JUMPING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING.

STOP JUMPING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a reason for VBA halting when assigning a value to a cell

For the past two days, I have been trying to figure out why VBA halts when I attempt to assign a value to a cell. VBA simply halts with no message what-so-ever. I have checked macro security, tried different approached and even different versions of Excel on different machines. Nothing works and no reason is given. Since I have a deadline, I need to drop trying this in VBA. I have posted the code to StackExchange. At a total and complete loss - I cannot get a simple assignment to a cell to actually work in VBA by any method…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use default user-agent when opening hyperlinks in protected mode.

Hyperlinks in protected content appears to open with the user-agent set explicitly to MSIE7 even though it opens in your default browser causing issues for pages or web applications that explicitly limit older IE compatibility.

It would be nice if it either did not explicitly set the user-agent or it used a newer compatibility mode than IE7.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CONTAR.SI.CONJUNTO

La función =CONTAR.SI.CONJUNTO (G3: G12; "<>" & ""; K3: K12; "<>" & "") considera “No vacías” las celdas sin valor pero que contienen una fórmula!
    Lo considero un error, dado que la fórmula =SI (H7 <> ""; "Valor"; "Si valor") si funciona correctamente, por lo que no es coherente que en unas fórmulas se aplique un criterio y en otras otro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel fail to open

Excel fail to open many times while showing status ready. The only way to open the file is to open an blank file and keep minimize it and open the another file till you want to use as many excel file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is a bug in Excel. Excel is not adding numbers in a column correctly.

See columns C and E of attached file. Simple sums mis-added by Excel! Not sure whether formatting of cell contents is affecting ability to Excel to see the value or whether whole file is somehow corrupted. But I'm not getting a "corrupted file" message or any error message. I'm just getting math errors by excel. This should not be happening.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. STOP TURNING OFF THE F_U_C_K_I_N_G NUMLOCK. G_O_D_D_A_M_N YOU MICROSOFT.

STOP TURNING OFF THE F_U_C_K_I_N_G NUMLOCK. G_O_D_D_A_M_N YOU MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. LEAVE THE ******* NUMLOCK ON. ******** MICROSOFT. STAY THE **** OUT MY COMPUTER.

LEAVE THE ******* NUMLOCK ON. ******** MICROSOFT. STAY THE **** OUT MY COMPUTER.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Find & replace function

It would be helpful if the Find & Replace function works on csv files in Excel instead of deleting the content of all the cells in the worksheet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. hey assfaces- why do you keep changing the program appearance but not actually UNFUCK some of asinine features in your crapware? ********.

hey assfaces- why do you keep changing the program appearance but not actually UNFUCK some of asinine features in your crapware? ********.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DO YOU KNOW HOW ******* ANNYING IT IS TO HAVE THE SCREEN MOVE UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING/ WORKING WITHIN A DOCUMENT MICROSOFT? ********.

DO YOU KNOW HOW ******* ANNYING IT IS TO HAVE THE SCREEN MOVE UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING/ WORKING WITHIN A DOCUMENT MICROSOFT? ********.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When Office365 update does not work (it doesn't), and MSFT suggestions don't work, why is there no manual update possible?

When Office365 update does not work (it doesn't), and MSFT suggestions don't work, why is there no manual update possible?

Also, why am I not allowed to see to which directory (i.e. file folder) any update is downloaded, and why is there no system that shows whether or not an update or a download is actually in progress.

As usual, the old fashioned way of me downloading an update file and installing it myself worked about 97 times better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quit Breaking / Fix

After todays Microsoft Office Update an Excel Shortcut is causing Excel to freeze the screen/lock keyboard and leave Characters F R C remain displayed vertically on screen.
    Shortcut:
    Freeze top Row: ALT+ W + F + F
    Freeze first column ALT + W +F + C

Screen can be unfrozen with Mouse.
    If I wanted to use the mouse I wouldn't use shortcut.
    Please Fix.
    No need to contact me until it is fixed.
    I Replicated on more than one computer so should be easy for you to replicate as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quit Breaking Excel Please Fix

After todays 05/30/2019 Microsoft Office Update an Excel Shortcut is causing Excel to freeze the screen/lock keyboard and leave Characters F R C remain displayed vertically on screen.
    Shortcut:
    Freeze top Row: ALT+ W + F + F
    Freeze first column ALT + W +F + C

Screen can be unfrozen with Mouse.
    If I wanted to use the mouse I wouldn't use shortcut.
    Please Fix.
    No need to contact me until it is fixed.
    I Replicated on more than one computer so should be easy for you to replicate as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cant download a PDF from the document or even opening in excel

We use excel online for our agency status documents. Lately, we need to print our status docs for client meetings and we aren't able to save a pdf, open in excel and print or download a hard copy. The how application just freezes.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix excel 2019, changes to one spreadsheet are duplicated on another???

I edit one spread sheet in a workbook and the edits are tied directly to another spreadsheet. Change one and they both get changed. Ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Limit of Pivot Tables in a Excel

We have Excel files with a large amount of data and a lot of pivot tables in this files (more than 150 pivot tables).

Every month we update data, refresh pivottables and save change. But sometimes (latety to many times), when we open files again, Excel shows and error (we found problem with content of..) and ALL pivottables are changed to values!!!

Then we have to 'recreate' 150 pivot tables!!!... until next month and pray.

There are limit to number of pivottables in a Excel File?
    Can we send you and example of this wrong file? (32Mb)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. パソコンに入っていたエクセルが消えてしまいました。なぜ消えたのかが分かりません。教えてください。

パソコンに入っていたエクセルを2年ほど使っていましたが、消えてしまいました。ワードとノートは今でも使えます。パワーポイントとエクセルが使えなくなりました。理由が知りたいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base