Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel Double-Click Autofill/Copy Cells Not Working

I consider "Excel Double-Click Autofill/Copy Cells" no longer working as a serious bug in Excel 2016. Please make it work like it did.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. PLEASE FIX Co-Authoring AND Autosave (Cannot merge)

I've been experiencing A LOT of errors with autosave and co-authoring since I implemented it in my business 2 months ago. We have like 20 versions of the same document that we have to re-share everytime there is a merge problem. But today it was the straw that broke the camel's back... I can't stand this anymore.

I've just experienced a merge issue with a file THAT IS NOT SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE! Cannot merge changes with myself!!?? What is this Microsoft?? Why you don't let me see the merge conflict and let me choose what to keep?

I'm moving…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. HEY ********- WHY IS THE SCROLL BAR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SPLIT VIEW MAGICALLY GONE TODAY? ********.

HEY ********- WHY IS THE SCROLL BAR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SPLIT VIEW MAGICALLY GONE TODAY? ********.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Heres a suggestion. Unfuck your applications so that the windows do not jump up and down when scrolling within the document

Here's a suggestion. Unfuck your applications so that the windows do not jump up and down when scrolling within the document

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. primero, quisiera que todo estuviera en español, ya que no se inglés.

¿por qué no se puede ver la vista previa de un documento, antes de abrirlo?
    sale un aviso de error en el controlador de vista previa de Microsoft Excel.
    El sistema operativo es Windows 10, y el Office es el 2019
    No puedo aceptar los términos del servicio, ya que como he dicho antes, NO SE INGLES.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop excel rounding up calculations.

Stop excel rounding up calculations. It totally defeats the point of excel which is to give me accurate calculations!
    When I try to change it, I get a warning message that it will permanently lose accuracy. What is accurate about a calculation that rounds up and is therefore WRONG? It's driving me crazy and I have sent in wrong timesheets which has cost me money. PLEASE STOP IT!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING. ********.

STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING. ********.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a wizard to reduce excel file size

Create a wizard to reduce excel file size, to do the following:

1. compress images

2. uncheck "save source data with file" for all pivot tables

3. delete unused rows and columns (sometimes there is something in the last row (number 1048576), or in the last column (XFD) that makes the file size extremely large for no reason, and it can happen in several worksheets in one workbook making a file size go over 30MB for no reason)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I can not scroll inactive windows when I hover over them in excel documents

I can not scroll inactive windows when I hover over them in excel documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FUCK_YOU MICROSOFT for re-scaling the view wehn I am working with your crapware. FUCK_YOU MICROSOFT.

FUCK_YOU MICROSOFT for re-scaling the view wehn I am working with your crapware. FUCK_YOU MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More paper sizes disappeared

In Excel 2016, we can custom our own paper size with “More Paper Sizes”, but this function disappeared in Excel 365. What’s going on!?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. STOP JUMPING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING.

STOP JUMPING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a reason for VBA halting when assigning a value to a cell

For the past two days, I have been trying to figure out why VBA halts when I attempt to assign a value to a cell. VBA simply halts with no message what-so-ever. I have checked macro security, tried different approached and even different versions of Excel on different machines. Nothing works and no reason is given. Since I have a deadline, I need to drop trying this in VBA. I have posted the code to StackExchange. At a total and complete loss - I cannot get a simple assignment to a cell to actually work in VBA by any method…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use default user-agent when opening hyperlinks in protected mode.

Hyperlinks in protected content appears to open with the user-agent set explicitly to MSIE7 even though it opens in your default browser causing issues for pages or web applications that explicitly limit older IE compatibility.

It would be nice if it either did not explicitly set the user-agent or it used a newer compatibility mode than IE7.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CONTAR.SI.CONJUNTO

La función =CONTAR.SI.CONJUNTO (G3: G12; "<>" & ""; K3: K12; "<>" & "") considera “No vacías” las celdas sin valor pero que contienen una fórmula!
    Lo considero un error, dado que la fórmula =SI (H7 <> ""; "Valor"; "Si valor") si funciona correctamente, por lo que no es coherente que en unas fórmulas se aplique un criterio y en otras otro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel fail to open

Excel fail to open many times while showing status ready. The only way to open the file is to open an blank file and keep minimize it and open the another file till you want to use as many excel file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base