Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide simple VBA means for getting the Module Name, Procedure Name and Line Number.

After Googling the three, i suppose Module name might be presently available, but i am amazed at how many times people have looked for these three options over the past couple decades, yet this group functionality has not been provided. I certainly do not know the complexity of that which we seek, so if it is too hard for Microsoft programmers to do, please advise so all of us wishing to have these three, mainly for error/bug reporting and handling, can understand why years of requests have been apparently ignored, which i would like to believe is not the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ******** MICROSOFT.

******** MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My excel file not open properly. So please help me.

My excel file not open properly. So please help me. This type in error after open excel file shown in picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MS Office 365 ProPlus, Excel / Access date recognition bug

MS Office 365 ProPlus, Excel Version 1808, Build 10730.20280

What I did:
    1. Copy column B to C
    2. Replace "2018" with "2019" in column C

What is the result:
    - German month names are recognized
    - English month names only recognized for Apr, Aug, Sep, Nov

What I would expect:
    - English month names are recognized as well

Same result within MS Access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. STOP TURNING OFF THE ******* NUMLOCK. ******* YOU MICROSOFT.

STOP TURNING OFF THE ******* NUMLOCK. ******* YOU MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GODDAMN_YOU FOR UNDOING A STEP I DID 20 MINUTES AGO. GODDAMN_YOU YOU FUCKING_PIECES_OF_SHIT

GODDAMN_YOU FOR UNDOING A STEP I DID 20 MINUTES AGO. GODDAMN_YOU YOU FUCKING_PIECES_OF_SHIT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Here's an Idea for the Clipboard problem in Excel 2016

Post on Microsoft Community Answers - "When Excel shows this dialog after a copy (CTRL+C) action, it means that another app has a lock on the system clipboard. In this situation you can still paste within Excel. However you cannot paste to another app like Word or Outlook which uses the clipboard.

Last year we made some improvements to Office365 users so that this error message only shows once per Excel instance. This is based on customer feedback - the design change prevents it popping up multiple successive times when the clipboard is locked. We have also considered never showing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. stop jiggling the ******* screen when scrolling. ******* you microsft

stop jiggling the ******* screen when scrolling. ******* you microsft

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel wont open a second file while one file is opened!

Suggestions from the web didn't work. It seems the problem started a few years ago, and it is not yet solved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recent file list timestamp isn't updated (bug)

1. Sometimes, the Recent File List isn't updated.
    2. There should be a header to indicate "Last Modified" in the Recent File List.

STEPS TO RECREATE ITEM 1:
    A. At the end of the workday, save your file, but leave it open.
    B. Return the next day, and save the file again.
    C. Exit Excel & reboot computer.
    D. Open Excel after reboot, and navigate to File --> Open and find the file you saved, and the date will be from the day prior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Undo bug when multiple worksheets are selected

Cross sheet formulas break when undoing changes such as inserting rows, but only if single sheets are selected. See attached file for summary:

To replicate the error
    1. Select sheets A and B
    2. Add a row above row 4
    As a result the formula in Sum!B4 changes from "=SUM(A:B!B4)" to "=SUM(A:B!B5)"
    3. Select the sum sheet
    4. Undo the row addition (Cntr+Z)
    As a result the value in A and B is listed in row 4
    But the formula in Sum!B4 has not changed and is still "=SUM(A:B!B5)" giving a wrong result

Comments
    Without step 3 the error does…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 桌機無法開啟excel歡迎畫面,office 應用程式無法登入,已經一個星期沒人回應!!!

桌機無法開啟excel歡迎畫面,office 應用程式無法登入,已經一個星期沒人回應!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Subscribers to Edit more than 5 MB file on the Web

Allow Subscribers to Edit more than 5 MB file on the Web
    Quit annoying that you are paying but you are not allowed to ope files above 5 MB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix Excel Hyperlinks Problem in Windows 10.

An ambiguous error appears when hyperlinks are selected after WIndows 10 was updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix Excel Hyperlinks Problem in Windows 10.

An ambiguous error appears when hyperlinks are selected after WIndows 10 was updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Problem as write 9.30AM time it always 7.12AM, all option i tried nothing is working, it just take year of 1900 and time and date i dont

As I am using, and put the time in any format like 1.30, 1.30pm, what so ever it took automatically some date, as i used all option too, same with all thing, Even I used the custom option of h:mm option also, nothing is working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix DocumentLibraryVersions VBA

Working with Win10/64bit and office 365 64bit

When using DocumentLibraryVersions, Office application hangs and you have to force it to shutdown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BLOQUEO DEL EXCEL

Buenos días,

Este error de de todas las versiones de Excel y es constante y me desespera porque trabajo mucho con el Excel, cuando estoy realizando algún trabajo, y al igual los usuarios encuentran el problema y me preguntan que sucede y solo puedo decirles "Es un error del Excel", pero pienso que ya deben haberlo detectado y además corregido para la versión 2019, pero sigue igual.
    El Excel cuando se abré not problem!, pero cuando estas trabajando en algún documento por un rato y lo colocas como mi caso a eliminar dos columnas se bloquea y toca que cerrarlo…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base