Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. extract pst from edb via eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter

Through the EDB to PST Converter Software any user can easily extract the EDB file databases such as emails, contacts, journals, tasks, notes, and appointments to Outlook PST without any hassle. The eSoftTools Exchange EDB to PST Converter Software allows the user to selectively transfer all databases of EDB file to PST, and many other file formats such as- EML, EMLX, MSG, and HTML with maintaing all the email properties such as- to, bcc, cc, size, and subject.

Get More Info:- https://www.esofttools.com/exchange-edb-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. LEAVE THE F_UCKING NUMLOCK ACTIVE.

LEAVE THE F_UCKING NUMLOCK ACTIVE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. leave the ******* NUMlock active

leave the ******* NUMlock active

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG: debug.printf of 3 undefined variables crashes Excel.

BUG: debug.printf of 3 undefined variables crashes Excel.

Source:
    Function Nxt(sInput As String) As String
    Const LEDS = 31
    c1 = InStr(sInput, ",") ' position of first comma
    c2 = InStr(Mid(sInput, c1 + 1), ",") + c1 ' second comma
    quad = Mid(sInput, 1, c1 - 1)
    dev = Val(Mid(sInput, c1 + 1, c2 - c1 - 1))
    led = Val(Mid(sInput, c2 + 1, 99))
    'Debug.Print f0, f1, f2 <==== CRASHES Excel
    led = led + 1
    If led >= LEDS Then
    led = 1
    dev = dev + 1
    End If
    Nxt = quad & "," & dev &…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Imprecise clicking and selection with mouse cursor

For several months, and several versions, I have noticed a very persistent bug in Excel in Office 365. As of the current version, It is happening on every excel file, regardless of file size, number of sheets etc.

Let's say that I have a brand new workbook open. The number of rows visible on the page is 28 and the number of columns visible is 23 (up to column W). Let's call this "Initial Page View". If I start clicking with the mouse, I can select cells in the range from A1:W28. Now let's say I have scrolled down with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HEY **** FACES- STOP COVERING THE ******* DOCUMENT WITH YOUR CRAPWARE DIALOG BOXES.

HEY **** FACES- STOP COVERING THE ******* DOCUMENT WITH YOUR CRAPWARE DIALOG BOXES.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. STOP TURNING OFF THE FUCKING_NUMLOCK. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

STOP TURNING OFF THE FUCKING_NUMLOCK. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HEY FUCKFACES- WHY DOES FIND NOT WORK TODAY? YOU GET A BUG UP YOUR *** AND DECIDE THAT YOUR USERS DON'T NEED TO FIND DATA?

HEY FUCKFACES- WHY DOES FIND NOT WORK TODAY? YOU GET A BUG UP YOUR *** AND DECIDE THAT YOUR USERS DON'T NEED TO FIND DATA?

******** MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HEY MICROSOFT YOU ******* PIECES OF ****-stop shifting the screen up and down when scrolling

HEY MICROSOFT YOU ******* PIECES OF ****-stop shifting the screen up and down when scrolling

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Breaking change in Selection.Group

Hi,

with the last update as of 08/12/2019 you apparently rolled out a breaking change in the naming convention of generated group fields in pivot tables.

Here a macro fragment that throws now an exception 1004, "Unable to get the PivotFields property of the PivotTable class"

ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll

'regroup date values (first of this month to first of next month, as the report is per yesterday, take always -1 day)
    Range("A4").Select
    Selection.Group _
    Start:=CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date - 1), Month(Date - 1), 1)), _
    End:=CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date - 1), Month(Date - 1) + 1, 1)), _
    Periods:=Array(False, True, True, True, True, False, True)
    Range("A4").Select
    '20190812: Microsoft…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. cells "not empty" but look empty

Allow a wizard that clears "Not empty" cells

Please see an example in the attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. conditional formats

i am having an issue with conditional formatting now that i have offices 365. As a simple example format cell A1 fill red.
    Now add conditional formatting to cell A1.. =NOT(ISBLANK(B1)) with format fill no color.
    Enter any value into B1 and cell A1 fill turns to no color as expected.
    Now scroll down so A1 is off screen, then scroll back to A1, and A1 has reverted to red fill again for me.
    It remains red until I force a change by re-entering a value into B1.
    Please tell me if this is behaviour that everyone experiences??
    Please tell…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GODDMAMN YOU MICROSOFT. TODAY YOU CHANGED THE COPY AND PASTE IN EXCEL AGIAN. STILL *********. NOW IT NO LONGER RETAINS WHAT WAS COPIED.

GODDMAMN YOU MICROSOFT. TODAY YOU CHANGED THE COPY AND PASTE IN EXCEL AGIAN. STILL *********. NOW IT NO LONGER RETAINS WHAT WAS COPIED.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not cancel old possibilities

In any cell of Excel 1995, 2003, 2007:
    = 431+"explanation 1"-1+"explanation 2"
    ENTER
    = 430
    In Office 365 (Excel 2016):
    Pressing ENTER results in #VALUE!
    Althought I sill can use my old spreadsheets I cannot create new ones using this now considered outdate possibility and this is a very serious limitation in my view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There isn't a single human being on this planet that wants to open a CSV file in Excel and have the long numeric values converted to stupid

There isn't a single human being on this planet that wants to open a CSV file in Excel and have the long numeric values converted to stupid scientific notation by default.

99.999% of the human population are not "scientists". And 99% of the scientists don't want long numeric values converted to scientific notation either.

Stop it. This is dumb.

Just display the number as, gee here's a though, a ******* number.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RATHER THAN REDESIGN THE SHORTCUTS, WHY DON'T YOU UNFUCK THE SCREEN SCROLLING FUNCTION? ******** MICROSOFT.

RATHER THAN REDESIGN THE SHORTCUTS, WHY DON'T YOU UNFUCK THE SCREEN SCROLLING FUNCTION? ******** MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi Their

I use Microsoft Office 365 and for windows 10 x64 which is lasted update from my company side. so the most of problem when I use Microsoft excel in my laptop is that once I open excel file for edit my information and use touchpad or mouse to score task bar in excel file, the application will be hang state.

the work around from my side must be close the application and re-open it again and then use the cursor arrow key board to move pointer instead.

so on this problem, that is not comfortable to use Microsoft for me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide simple VBA means for getting the Module Name, Procedure Name and Line Number.

After Googling the three, i suppose Module name might be presently available, but i am amazed at how many times people have looked for these three options over the past couple decades, yet this group functionality has not been provided. I certainly do not know the complexity of that which we seek, so if it is too hard for Microsoft programmers to do, please advise so all of us wishing to have these three, mainly for error/bug reporting and handling, can understand why years of requests have been apparently ignored, which i would like to believe is not the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base