Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make ALL windows and dialogue boxes resizeable

Please allow the user to change every dialogue / command box size. Example; Go To box default size is completely useless when trying to trace precedents - one has to click in the reference box, one by one, and scrolling with the right arrow to get any idea of what cell is being referenced. IT IS USELESS, and has been this way forever. Can't believe I have to plead for this in 2018!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Excel 2016 - Screentip Placement

Would it be possible to update the screentip placement back to the right-side of the pointer in future updates of Excel?

I noticed that in Excel 2016, when highlighting columns (for vlookups, for instance) the screentip displays on the far left side of the program (if you start highlighting in column A). Whereas, in previous versions of Excel, the screentip always displayed to the right of the pointer.

The new popup location on the left causes the screentip to display on a completely different screen than the current Excel instance if you have an extended display located to the left…

20 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Personal Workbook for storing macros does not work.

Personal Workbook for storing macros does not work. FIX IT you idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • put back - open multiple spreadsheets in the same Excel 2016 instance

open multiple spreadsheets in the same Excel

13 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Excel bug: Previously created MultiPage controls become 'disconnected from clients' when a new one is added dynamically

When you dynamically create a MultiPage control on a UserForm, any previously created MultiPage controls on the same form become partially crippled. They appear fine and their properties are accessible, but you cannot add pages to them anymore. If you try, you get an exception:

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Code to reproduce:

Create a UserForm and paste the following code:

Option Explicit

Sub Reproduce()
              Me.Controls.Add "Forms.MultiPage.1", "TestInstance1"
              Me.Controls("TestInstance1").Add ' That works

Me.Controls.Add "Forms.MultiPage.1", "TestInstance2"
              Me.Controls("TestInstance1").Add ' Now it does not - exception here.
              Me.Controls("TestInstance2").Add ' But the new shiny one…

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Excel2016 automatic calculation problem

Merged cells are not automatically calculated

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Excel 2016 bug - cannot switch QueryTable to take parameters from sheet after refreshing it with a constant value

There appears to be a bug in Excel 2016.

If you have a QueryTable on a sheet, that query has a parameter, and at some point you refresh that query with a non-sheet value for the parameter, then you cannot switch the parameter to take its value from the sheet - Excel will crash. In order to make it work, you need to switch the QueryTable to take parameters from sheet, then save, then quit Excel completely, then reopen the file, and only then your query will work.

I believe it started after the latest Office update, and it is…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Excel 2016 (Windows 10 1803.

Office 2016.
                    Printed Excel docs have the column and line numbers on all pages. (On the top and left side of all old and new docs from years ago)

Have 6 updates similar to the one listed...identified through 'Reliability History'.

"Windows installer reconfigured the product. Product name: Office 16 Click-to-Run Licensing Component. Product Version:16.0.10228.20080. Product Language. 0. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.

Can't find the updates to delete them....they are simply not listed with other updates?

I am a home user with the same problem on all three of my PCs.

Copied here due to advice…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Gregg Hutzler

Give's your into my user up see.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug (maybe?) on Range.Find when range is single row (/column)

The Range.Find vba method fails whenever the range is a single cell. Rather than returning a Null when value not matches the cell value, it searches the whole column/row for the value. If it finds a match on other cells, then it returns that range.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• fix June 25th 2018 Update causing crash in tables/NamedRanges

Please fix June 25th 2018 Update causing crash in tables/NamedRanges: to wit, When using a cell in a table that contains named Ranges, a false error message appears " The name "***" already exists, click yes to use that version of the name.......", So Then, the message appears again, for each named range in the table. Then, Continue to work, and Excel will Crash, without warning.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• BUG: Excel rounds inconsistently to 15 significant digits; causes compare error

Excel displays =705900.51-700000 as 5900.51000000000. It should display 5900.51000000001, since the exact internal value is 5900.51000000000,931322574615478515625. Note that 16th significant digit is 9.

In contrast, =705900.51-700000-2^-40, a smaller value, does in fact display 5900.51000000001. Its exact internal value is 5900.51000000000,84037310443818569183349609375. Note that the 16th significant digits is 8.

(I use period for the decimal point and comma to demarcate the first 15 significant digits.

As a consequence, if =705900.51-700000 is in A1 and =705900.51-700000-2^40 is in A2, =A1>A2 returns FALSE (!), which is incorrect.

The comparison error arises because Excel compares the operands (left and right expressions) rounded to 15…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • I found a bug which affect data, I reproduced it, there is no way to report it.

I don't believe in Microsoft management. I found a bug in outlook.com where they blocked their own server IP's and emailed me their own IP's as blocked, and I couldn't go through their support system. I stopped using Outlook because it was an issue with Connected Accounts, so I couldn't receive emails from my other outlook email! Ironically Gmail worked. So pardon me, I will be brief.

I have two tables beside each other in a cell in the Total row of the first table there is a formula referencing several cells from the second table.

I copied these two…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Need an error check for any active selection before insert

A crash occurs after the following sequence: (1) insert a blank row; (2) select and copy cells from an existing row to the new row (in my case containing formulae) ; (3) insert a new column anywhere. With this sequence, the selection is not cleared after the copy operation is complete and Excel tries to insert it, but cannot. Excel crashes with poor recovery. Excel needs better error check here: should check & query about any existing selections at time of row or column insert.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• DAO Datapicker

Atualizar o office 32 bit para 64 com todas as bibliotecas principalmente a DAO e o Datapicker muita gente está que tem projeto feito em 32 bit está passando um perrengue precisamos das atualizações. Vba excel

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix version update issue

I choose to runExcel version 15.41 because later versions, including the most recent update have lost features that U find essential. I know for absolute certain that I have "Check for Updates" set to Manual, yet twice in the past 2 weeks I have opened excel only to find the latest update loaded. When I check HELP>CHECK FOR UPDATES, I soe that "Automatically download and install" option is checked. MOst frustrating and a big time watser for me to have to downgrade again to 15.41.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• (Home > Format > Default Width) not working

After selecting a column, going to:
                                          Home > Format > Default Width
                                          Gives a dialog box that contains the default width, but after pressing the OK button, nothing changes!

5 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base