Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Recover EDB File to PST

Have you tried lots of application to recover EDB File to PST but you didn't get best result? So don't be bother download EDB to PST Converter Software that has capability to recover all different kinds of EDB File corruption issues which generate by mistake but beginning this application gives facility to search EDB File location automatically by click on search.edb option and scanning process to deeply analyze all EDB errors. This application helps to fix all EDB issues and convert EDB Data into PST/ EML and more formats with internal coding.This Software flawlessly works in all outlook versions.It also…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Cancel action as a 3rd option when 'Name Conflict' dialogue appears

Regardless of the scenario/circumstance when it occurs, Excel's default action when a name conflict occurs is to prompt the user with the choice of two options: (1) use the existing defined name in the current workbook/worksheet or (2) giving it a new name. I would like to see a third option - cancel the action. Currently the only way to do so is to use Task Manager and close Excel, which results in the loss of any work not saved.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow users to change default behavior when inserting rows while there is content in the clipboard

I usually copy some cells and then go somewhere else in a workbook to paste it but realize I need to create space first by adding rows or columns. When you insert a row with content on the clipboard it repeats whatever you had copied in every cell in the column. This is a huge operation and usually crashes excel.

I've never wanted to add a new row with the clipboard content repeated in every cell and excel can't even handle it so why is that default?

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make ALL windows and dialogue boxes resizeable

Please allow the user to change every dialogue / command box size. Example; Go To box default size is completely useless when trying to trace precedents - one has to click in the reference box, one by one, and scrolling with the right arrow to get any idea of what cell is being referenced. IT IS USELESS, and has been this way forever. Can't believe I have to plead for this in 2018!

10 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • In the formula '=INT((A1-INT(A1))*100), it results wrong for A1=16.15, 17.15, 18.15... so on.

In the formula '=INT((A1-INT(A1))*100), it results wrong for A1=16.15, 17.15, 18.15, 19.15... so on. I think it can be corrected.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • File menu item should be a menu item, not a take over whole screen

I can't tell what file I am saving, and all context is lost when someone clicks "file"

This is a grievous error and needs to be fixed... I can't see why it would be done this drastically horrible... I can see something to help people but this is hurtful...

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Including message or control with functions SUMIF and COUNTIF when the condition is more than 15 digits

Something similar I could detect and register 7 years ago.
                  Since July 2011 was confirmed and registered the case of MS Excel Falla with calculation sheet accounting using the functions SUMIF and COUNTIF, registered for the first time in the Dominican Republic (ONDA Copyright Office), which still persists in all languages and versions.
                  When the condition in the 2 functions SUMIF and COUNTIF are numeric with more than 15 digits, it leads to match them without giving any message and giving incorrect values when comparing their results.
                  Subsequently it was confirmed in workshops and registered in Russia 2012 and Germany…

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please fix whatever makes dragging an excel window so slow

Please fix whatever makes dragging an excel window so slow

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• conflict with "language for non-unicode programs" setting

when checked "beta: use Unicode utf-8 for worldwide language support" in "language for non-unicode programs" setting (windows 10, 1803), vbe and macro related functions crash any office program. after unchecked that option, vbe works normally.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix the bug: Cannot collapse a sub-group only if it is the last child of its parent group

I am using Excel's grouping feature to create some parent-child nodes within my spreadsheet. When you do this, Excel normally adds a plus/minus button alongside the nodes to allow you to expand/collapse each grouping.

However, I have noticed that whenever my sub-group is at the bottom of its parent (i.e. it is the last child in the grouping) Excel does not show the button. Why is this?

Button not showing on sub-group that is the last child of its parent.

Button is showing on sub-group that is not the last child of its parent.

Quoted from https://superuser.com/questions/999101/how-to-show-collapse-expand-button-beside-a-sub-group-in-excel-that-is-the-last

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix problem where the dashed line around the cells to go away and it tries to paste them whenever i try to insert rows etc

Please fix the update issue wherby the dashed line around the cells to wont go away and it tries to paste them whenever i try to insert rows etc. Only solution seems to be pressing escape which should not be required and is infuriating

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug?

Please see the attached excel file.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Design Flaw on Reporting Circular References

This application Error has been reported to Microsoft, who claim the app is performing as designed. This this Error or Glitch is a "Design Flaw" rather than a "Bug". It still ought to be fixed.

The error gets perpetuated by Microsoft in posts such as their reply here: https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/14732112-circular-errors

The issue is the distinction between "cells actually involved in the circular reference in that they depend upon themselves", from "other cells not in the circular reference chain but are used by cells in the circular chain" and "other cells not in the circular chain that depend upon one or more…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Warum kann man kein Diagramm aus zwei einfachen Datenreihen machen?! Und warum kann man sich nicht einfach darauf hinweisen, sondern nur abs

Warum kann man kein Diagramm aus zwei einfachen Datenreihen machen?! Und keine Beschwerde sondern nur Ideen abgeben?

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please fix the bug that makes the footnote on page 1 print on page 2 also even though I chose different first page.

Excel has a bug that needs fixing: it prints the first page footer on the 2nd page also even though I chose "different first page".

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hyperlinks in shapes won't work if worksheet protected

I've assigned hyperlinks to rectangular shapes, however, when I protect the worksheet, no matter what options I select/deselect, I can't get the hyperlinks to work under protection. I even right click on the shape, go to 'Size and Properties', then deselect 'Locked' on the shape, and the hyperlinks still won't work. The hyperlinks are a simple variety that jump to different cells on the same worksheet. It seems like there should be a way to make these hyperlinks work without using brute force VBA.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• 4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Excel 2016 - Screentip Placement

Would it be possible to update the screentip placement back to the right-side of the pointer in future updates of Excel?

I noticed that in Excel 2016, when highlighting columns (for vlookups, for instance) the screentip displays on the far left side of the program (if you start highlighting in column A). Whereas, in previous versions of Excel, the screentip always displayed to the right of the pointer.

The new popup location on the left causes the screentip to display on a completely different screen than the current Excel instance if you have an extended display located to the left…

21 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 使用排序功能时Excel会崩溃

每次使用排序功能,Excel都会提示已停止工作,要求重启或关闭。

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base