Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ticket #12395436 - Excel arabic

Hi, we experience an issue with MS Excel and the arabic language pack: User does right click on desktop and selects new Excel Workbook. New Workbook opens and first column A is on the right of the sheet and title of the sheet is arabic. If user just starts excel and creates a new workbook within excel all is working as expected, only if user selects new workbook from right click to desktop this happens. We installed the arabic language pack and this seems to affect the default template of excel.

The same issue is already reported for Office2007 and…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the "There's a problem with the clipboard" issue

The issue with "There's a problem with the clipboard..." while copy and pasting is still as issue. I was using Office 2010 and there was no problem. I am now using Office 365 and this issue is prevalent. It manifests itself when pasting a value from a cell containing a formula and disappears when disabling Live Preview. I was able to copy and paste "normal" cell contents fine before the error message appears so the official response of "another program has locked the clipboard" doesn't really hold up. It looks more like Excel has locked the clipboard from itself.

There…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MS Office 365 ProPlus, Excel / Access date recognition bug

MS Office 365 ProPlus, Excel Version 1808, Build 10730.20280

What I did:
    1. Copy column B to C
    2. Replace "2018" with "2019" in column C

What is the result:
    - German month names are recognized
    - English month names only recognized for Apr, Aug, Sep, Nov

What I would expect:
    - English month names are recognized as well

Same result within MS Access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do not cancel old possibilities

In any cell of Excel 1995, 2003, 2007:
    = 431+"explanation 1"-1+"explanation 2"
    ENTER
    = 430
    In Office 365 (Excel 2016):
    Pressing ENTER results in #VALUE!
    Althought I sill can use my old spreadsheets I cannot create new ones using this now considered outdate possibility and this is a very serious limitation in my view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. HEY! YOUR RECENT UPDATE WITH EXCEL IS JACKED UP! Autosum feature shouldn't be Auto Subtotal feature. CHANGE IT BACK!

Now when I hit Autosum it automatically creates =subtotal instead of the way it use to be, which was =sum! FIX IT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GODDMAMN YOU MICROSOFT. TODAY YOU CHANGED THE COPY AND PASTE IN EXCEL AGIAN. STILL *********. NOW IT NO LONGER RETAINS WHAT WAS COPIED.

GODDMAMN YOU MICROSOFT. TODAY YOU CHANGED THE COPY AND PASTE IN EXCEL AGIAN. STILL *********. NOW IT NO LONGER RETAINS WHAT WAS COPIED.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why does UNDO not work properly? Why does UNDO undo something from 20 minutes ago if you use precidence tracing?

Why does UNDO not work properly? Why does UNDO undo something from 20 minutes ago if you use precedence tracing?

WHY DON'TYOU UNFUCK YOU last version before trotting out a new one? ******** MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There isn't a single human being on this planet that wants to open a CSV file in Excel and have the long numeric values converted to stupid

There isn't a single human being on this planet that wants to open a CSV file in Excel and have the long numeric values converted to stupid scientific notation by default.

99.999% of the human population are not "scientists". And 99% of the scientists don't want long numeric values converted to scientific notation either.

Stop it. This is dumb.

Just display the number as, gee here's a though, a ******* number.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. RATHER THAN REDESIGN THE SHORTCUTS, WHY DON'T YOU UNFUCK THE SCREEN SCROLLING FUNCTION? ******** MICROSOFT.

RATHER THAN REDESIGN THE SHORTCUTS, WHY DON'T YOU UNFUCK THE SCREEN SCROLLING FUNCTION? ******** MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HEY ********- WHY IS THE SCROLL BAR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SPLIT VIEW MAGICALLY GONE TODAY? ********.

HEY ********- WHY IS THE SCROLL BAR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SPLIT VIEW MAGICALLY GONE TODAY? ********.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Heres a suggestion. Unfuck your applications so that the windows do not jump up and down when scrolling within the document

Here's a suggestion. Unfuck your applications so that the windows do not jump up and down when scrolling within the document

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can not scroll inactive windows when I hover over them in excel documents

I can not scroll inactive windows when I hover over them in excel documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. conditional formats

i am having an issue with conditional formatting now that i have offices 365. As a simple example format cell A1 fill red.
    Now add conditional formatting to cell A1.. =NOT(ISBLANK(B1)) with format fill no color.
    Enter any value into B1 and cell A1 fill turns to no color as expected.
    Now scroll down so A1 is off screen, then scroll back to A1, and A1 has reverted to red fill again for me.
    It remains red until I force a change by re-entering a value into B1.
    Please tell me if this is behaviour that everyone experiences??
    Please tell…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There is a bug in Excel. Excel is not adding numbers in a column correctly.

See columns C and E of attached file. Simple sums mis-added by Excel! Not sure whether formatting of cell contents is affecting ability to Excel to see the value or whether whole file is somehow corrupted. But I'm not getting a "corrupted file" message or any error message. I'm just getting math errors by excel. This should not be happening.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Undo bug when multiple worksheets are selected

Cross sheet formulas break when undoing changes such as inserting rows, but only if single sheets are selected. See attached file for summary:

To replicate the error
    1. Select sheets A and B
    2. Add a row above row 4
    As a result the formula in Sum!B4 changes from "=SUM(A:B!B4)" to "=SUM(A:B!B5)"
    3. Select the sum sheet
    4. Undo the row addition (Cntr+Z)
    As a result the value in A and B is listed in row 4
    But the formula in Sum!B4 has not changed and is still "=SUM(A:B!B5)" giving a wrong result

Comments
    Without step 3 the error does…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Here's an idea - Make less sh**ty products!

I'm to the point of having to save on practically every f'ing cell change because I never know when the Microshaft will ***** me over and I'll lose hours of work. How does anyone consider this garbage a finished product?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please give us a way to turn off excel's changing cell contents without having to format a cell

It would be really helpful to be able to turn off all of Excel's attempts to help me with a single checkbox in an options menu. If I wanted to type in the seventh of June or the twelfth of January I would do so but if I wanted to type in that between 1 and 12 objects are present in a group or that a certain variable is, in one case, six or seven, I want that data to remain exactly as I entered it. Right now I have to format every cell I want Excel to leave alone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base