Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibility to move the "total row" to the top of a table

If I have slicers and time lines on top of the table, it would be great to show the total row on top of the table

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have resize handles on all corners of tables

Currently, there is a resize handle only on the bottom right corner of the table, and this can be clicked and dragged to expand the table downwards or rightwards, but not both simultaneously. We need a resize handle on the left to allow for easy leftwards expansion, and we need resize handles on top because a developer will likely spend more time on top naming, moving, and resizing columns than on the bottom adding new data.

To address these cases, please add resize handles on all corners of tables. These will also make it more obvious that the range is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fire sheet change event when last row of Excel table is deleted (ListObject VBA)

Currently when there's only one row left in an Excel Table (ListObject) and you delete the whole row, the Worksheet_Change event is not fired.

Request: Please make it raise the event.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to Merge Two Cells

Need to merge 2 Cells

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Table Styles to include "LASTROW" formatting similar to "LASTCOLUMN" format

I would like the ability to define the format for the LASTROW of a Table. There are currently options for LASTCOLUMN and TOTALROW.

The reason for this request is that I have used DAX to populate a standard table (not Pivot Table) from my Data Model. The LASTROW of the DAX query includes total calculations using SUMMARIZE function. I would like to format the last row if the number of ROW is increased or decreased when the report is run.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add wild card character for numbers only

add wild card character for numbers only - better filter options, when letters and numbers are both in cells.
    for that i would also add a way to filter capital letters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apply Timelines to original tables, not just pivots, and also add a weekly filter option

I've been looking for about a month for an ability to track my shifts and tip info (i'm a server/bartender) that will allow me to filter my data by weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and yearly in an organized and clean manner. I've looked at time/shift tracking apps, spreadsheet programs of the like for WEEKS.
    I thought I FINALLY found a solution (not exactly in the way I wish) or so I thought...
    why on earth in the myriad of date filters and manner of which to apply them is there never a WEEKLY option (this week, last week and next week…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In Excel filtered column drop down scroll (Select All) menu should be fixed instead of scroll hide after list go scroll down

In Excel filtered column, when i am going to select drop down and scroll the list that time (Select All) menu going scroll accordingly. If fridge or fixed the (Select All) menu list, it will more help when I go down more and more and need to check out all then have to go back again first, So it should be fixed the (Select All) menu list that will really helpful to user. Screen captured for better understanding the issue.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Selecionar datas não sequencias na Linha do Tempo

Algo que eu acho muito útil com a segmentação de dados é a opção de poder selecionar dados independentes para ver os comparativos de forma gráfica. Por exemplo, eu posso selecionar apenas os dados de Janeiro e Setembro para comparar. Porém, se eu quiser usar a ferramenta de linha do tempo, eu sou obrigado a selecionar todo o intervalo que vai de Janeiro até Setembro, e não apenas os 2 meses. Acredito que seja algo que vai ajudar muito os usuários.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Excel to use the Filter Criteria as variables.

As said in the headline - Allow Excel to use the Filter Criteria as variables. E.g. If I filter Column A on a date (maybe "Apples") then allow me to use that Filter as a variable elsewhere e.g. =IF(FILTERA="Apples","YEP","NOPE").

This should be enabled on multiple columns e.g. any filtered column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a Color Wheel to match colors within excel spreadsheet (Like Adobe Colors)

While building tables or creating charts ; i always have to go Adobe Color to match colors in the charts to make them more appealing. An addon or right inside color picker if we were to have suggested color options ; it would help many to create more appealing stuff in excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjust trendline data used with slider on graph!

It would be nice if you could select the trendline on a graph which would then pull up bounds along the x-axis that you could drag to modify which points are going into the calculation/distance of the trendline.

So, in the attached file, if I wanted to make a trendline that excluded the data at the beginning that was clearly outside of the normal standard deviation, I could just drag the left slider (drawn) to the right. (Similar to how you can drag what data is used in a graph by adjusting the highlighted cells)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add count/sum/average of rows in front of each value in the filter box and functionality to apply virtual filters

1. Usually, it happens that we apply the simple filters to check the number of records for a particular value. It is very time consuming or inefficient if we apply these filter on a very large data sets (100K or more rows). If we can add count of rows against each value in the filter box then we can avoid many such filters just to check the count for a particular value. It will save significant time for the users. Further, we can provide users the options to choose count/sum/average, etc. in the filter box itself without actually applying the filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to create a yearwheel.

January, February, March... different colors. Place to write differant for each year under each months.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. slicers where items with data can be hide completely

Slicers:
    It would be handy and neat to be able to remove completely from the slicer those items that are never to be filtered. i.e three type of items "Oblig" "Option" & "VAR"- . So, even if in the origina"VAR" items I would like that "VAR" never to appear in the slicer of a particular Pivot Table.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if one could sort in Excel as one does in Outlook

It would be great if one could sort in Excel as one does in Outlook, simply by clicking on the column heading. It could default to sorting the whole workbook or the selected area by that column, or offer options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter in Column

how we use filter in Column

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to paste to filtered (visible) cells

PROBLEM: Excel's PASTE (ctrl-V) operation does not distinguish between filtered and unfiltered cells, even though its COPY (ctrl-C) operation copies filtered (visible) cells.

SOLUTIONS:
    * Enhance PASTE SPECIAL (ctrl-alt-V) to support the ability to paste into only filtered (visible) cells.
    * Add a user option to support this default PASTE action.

BENEFITS:
    * Eliminates the danger of pasting into a filtered area without realizing the problem. This is a very common problem with users new to Excel. Even experienced users must be constantly aware of this problem.
    * Addresses a problem for which there is no good workaround. All VBA…

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The "select all" checkbox should never scroll out of sight in a filter dropdown

When I want to select one entry in a drop down filter, it happens to me frequently that I scroll down to find the entry and then discover that should have deselected "select all" first. Very annoying. That box should be independent of the rest and never scroll out of sight.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slicer/Timeline Combination for Continuous Non-Date Data

Slicers are great for discrete data such as sales regions, but don't support continuous data such as a range of sales dollar amounts. Timelines support continuous data, but only dates. It would be very useful to have a feature that combines these, working similarly to a Timeline but allowing numbers, dollar amounts, etc. The workaround I've seen is bucketing the data (sales of $100-$500, $500-$1,000, etc.) but that limits user flexibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base