Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to copy tabs when one contains a table.

Excel won't let you copy multiple tabs at the same time if any one of them contains a table. You have to copy that tab separately from the rest. This is inefficient and archaic. Please fix it so any tabs in a workbook can be copied as a group to another workbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need the ability to search for text within all comments on an entire sheet

Need the ability to search for text within all comments on an entire sheet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export the filter list.

I'd like to be able to export the list of items that show in the filter - both before and after any filtered items have be selected. Example: 9,500 rows of instances of doughnuts sold. I'm looking for 4 of the 20 types of doughnuts on our menu to filter. The drop down filter list will only show the 20 doughnuts. I want to export that list showing the 20 doughnuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. please add autocomplete search bar to segment

The idea is to have a search bar, at the top in the segment frame, which automatically selects the corresponding segment.
    This will avoid long scrolls when there are many.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Table name and Headers in InsertTable box

Whenever we convert data into tables, we need to tick at Headers check box whereas 99.9% times it has. Also after converting into table we go and change the name of it.
    my suggestion is ...

1. check box of "My table has headers" should already be checked
    2. TableName defining is also available in this box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Custom View" in worksheets containing tables

I hate having to chose between the functionality of a table and the ability to simplify views for people who use the spreadsheet for different purposes and want to see only certain columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a row filter feature so that I can filter out unused columns, similar to the column filter feature.

Add a row filter feature so I can apply the filter to the leftmost column of a table and filter out unused columns or columns that have no data in the table. The column filter feature in the top row of a table allows me to filter out unused rows, this would be the same functionality but would work across the table from the leftmost row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When any column is filtered it the heading of this column should keep blinking for easy navigation in active worksheet

When any column is filtered it the heading of this column should keep blinking for easy navigation in active worksheet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. can you update and upgrade the Excel unique from 10k columns to 100k

can you update and upgrade the Excel unique from 10k columns to 100k

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you use a filter, it would be great if you could scroll to the next in line by clicking a button

When you use a filter, it would be great if you could scroll to the next item in line by clicking a forward button. This could either be a range of selected items, or if no other elements are selected, you move to the next item underneath.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. highlight/unhighlight button or shortcut

i use the yellow highlight background a lot. But it would be good to have a shortcut to highlight and un-highlight a cell. SO I dont have to click the mouse button 4 times

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel Templates

Create an Excel template for flash cards and 7-31 day menus that allow enough room for Breakfast, Lunch & Supper

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow to add filter to a new column without removing exiting filter for other columns

(Excel 2016) Assume you have a few columns with the filter turned on. Then
    1. you insert a new column which has no filter.
    2. you select this column and click Data -> Filter
    3. Excel removes all existing filters, the second click on Data -> Filter applies the filter to the selected column.

On Step 3 Excel should NOT remove the existing filters

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filter hotkey for check all / uncheck all

when using the filter and selecting values with the checkboxes it happens that you sometimes need to go up again to check the box "select all"
    would it be not helpfull to click into a various checkbox with a hotkey to "check / uncheck all"
    We are using a program called "exact software" for data analytics which has these function in its filter boxes already.
    A click in a various checkbox with the hotkey "ctrl" checks all or unchecks all filter values.

No need anylonger to scroll up again to check the box "select all"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. please add autocomplete search bar to segment

The idea is to have a search bar, at the top in the segment frame, which automatically selects the corresponding segment.
    This will avoid long scrolls when there are many.

So see example with picture joins

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back the VBA calendar input tool!

There was a perfectly good input tool for dates in the toolbox in VBA and it inexplicitly was removed in 2016. Bring it back pronto!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Key option or hotkey to get to search box in table or filters

When you select the filter drop down in a table or filter applied to a row, have a quick way to access the search box to type in values to filter. I constantly utilise the alt-down arrow to access the filter options, but have to use the mouse to get to the search field, or tab 7 times. This is time consuming when done one a regular basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let formula changes carry on to new rows

Tables are not necessarily some "set and forget" kind of thing.

For instance: a simple loan record in which different interest rates apply over time and all must be retained (because interest rates can change back and forth over time AND it is not always apporpriate to Paste|Values for the existing entries).

Currently, one not only has to change the Table into a Named Range, and then back, one must create fake rows first, then do it, and change the formula in all the fake rows (MS itself says the last four rows need to have the new formula for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search option in Recent workbooks

Can include "Recent Search" option in the "Recent Open" to make simpler way of finding recent opened files instead of scrolling up and down. Pls give feedback if it ok.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Invert Filter Selection

I'd like to see an option to invert filter selections. For example: If i apply a filter in a table i can select some boxes with a tickmark, but if i want to invert my selection i need to unmark selected itens before and mark the others.

In resume, i'd like to invert itens selected in a filter for the others unmarked.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base