Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand Filter Display to Show More than 10,000 Unique Values

The filter display limit of 10,000 unique values is insufficient in many cases, and can be misleading, resulting in costly errors. Those who are unfamiliar with this limitation may incorrectly assume that a value is missing from the data set, when it isn't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create the ability to use Slicers on forms to filter data

The ability to use a slicer on a form would be very helpful to filter on the underlying data within the form. Or have the ability to create a editable form from a pivot table.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose >= today in date filter

I use filters to show certain data in my table, then I created a view I can implement with a macro button. This works well, however, each time I view this data, I am only concerned with data relevant to the current date or later. It would be convenient if the date filter had a choice of not only "today" but greater than or equal to today so that you do not have to manually enter the dates each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. filter box

I use the excel filter function a lot. Each time I click on filter, the filter box appears as a small box. I resize the box to show more entries, however when next selecting the filter, on any column, the box has returned to the default small size. Can Excel remember to keep the filter box to the size that I adjust it too.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wasting Hours Fixing Data

You should make it so that when you sort, all the data from one row sticks together. I made a mistake when I was sorting and dissociated the serial number and date from a 6 column list of genealogical documents. I noticed the mistake too late to fix by undoing. I thought there used to be a warning if you were sorting but had not selected all columns but there was not. Another problem is that since it can't handle dates before 1900, I have to enter all my dates as text so I can sort by date. I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Table filter "Equals" does work unless you match exact format of number

If you use the table filter on a column of numbers and select that the number must be "equal" to X, you have to enter your criteria in the exact format of the number in the column. For example if you have 0 in a column, but the column is formatted as 0.00, when you try to apply a filter where cell must equal 0, it returns no rows. But when you change the filter where cell must equal 0.00, it works. Same goes for something like 1000 that is formatted as 1,000.00. Filter "equals" doesn't find it if you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter by Cell Color - ALL Colored Cells

Right now, you can filter by a single color or no color, but you cannot filter for ALL colored cells. In my mind, it is the same concept as filtering out the blanks and leaving all cells with values. If you are looking at the picture I attached, I want to be able to see the peach and blue rows at the same time, without the white.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Divider for multiple spreadsheets in a workbook

I run an annual competition in a single workbook with multiple weekly sheets. There are a few sheets for the setup of teams at the start of the year and 2 sheets for each week. What this means is that I can have muliple tabs at the bottom and may need to go from the later sheets to the earlier sheets which can be a real pain using the arrows on the LHS at the bottom of the screen.

If we had a moveable divider in the worksheet selection window I could choose the sheets that are resident in say…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to create my dashboard using tableau

create a dashboard using tableau

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. filter

I think it would be pretty handy if the filter dialogue box had an invert button. I often look at a certain amount of data, and then would have to manually check and uncheck it all if I want to see the opposite data. I don't know if i'm the only person with this minor issue but having the ability to check what is unchecked, and uncheck what is checked, at the click of a button would help out tremendously.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Jossain aiemmissä Exccel versiossa versioissa se oli tosin vain kommentin nimellä ja ei tarvinnut muokata kuin yksi kommentti ja kopio ja li

Miksi 365'ssä kun muistiinpanon muotoa muuttaa ja siirtää taulossa sitä esim. rivin alaspäin ja tallentaa muodon, mutta kun kopioin muistiinpanon seuraavaan sarakkeeseen, niin muistiinpanon muoto muuttuu taas ohjelman alkueräiseen muotoon eli saman solun päälle vaikka asemoin sen seuraavalla riville yläreunasta vetämällä? Joku ongelma ohjelmassa! Ikävää kun muistiinpanoa pitää joka solussa muokata haluttuun asemaan!
    Jossain aiemmissä Exccel versiossa versioissa se oli tosin vain kommentin nimellä ja ei tarvinnut muokata kuin yksi kommentti ja kopio ja liitä niin se oli siinä asemassa ja kokoisena kuin haluan!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FIX THE PROBLEM OF PASTE CELLS WITH IMAGE FORMAT

PORQUE CUANDO PEGO CELDAS EN FORMATO IMAGEN, AL SER MUY LARGA LA FILA NO SE PEGAN TODAS LAS CELDAS, SOLO PARCIALMENTE. EN NINGÚN LUGAR DICE QUE ESTO PUEDE PASAR, ME ACABAN DE ANULAR 2 FACTURAS.

YAAAAA ESTAMOS 2019!!! A NADIE LE HA PASADO ESTO?? TENGO OFFICE 2019

ESPERO SUS COMENTARIOS RESPECTO A LA PERDIDA DE INFORMACIÓN EN EL PEGADO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filtrar a partir da Célula

Seria muito útil ter junto das ferramentas Classificar e Filtrar uma opção de filtro a partir da célula selecionada.

Exemplo: atualmente em uma planilha de várias linhas onde um nome se repete algumas vezes, para localizar a repetição temos algumas formas, classificar para que as mesmas fiquem juntas, utilizar a formatação condicional para que todas fiquem marcadas ou utilizar o filtro a partir do cabeçalho e depois localizar através dos nomes qual era a repetida. em minha ideia ao clicar sobre o comando (suspenso ou através da barra) o filtro dos títulos considerasse para o filtro a informação da célula…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Indication of filtered columns

When working with data sets with multiple columns, sometimes it is painful to find out which column I have filter applied on, particularly if you do not want to cancel all of them (basically scrolling left/right looking for those little icons) Maybe some popup window or "Go To" feature that would point you to what columns are being filtered.

Thanks a lot :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an "invert selection" option to the filter drop-down

Enable the user to invert their selection in the Filter drop-down. If I have a large table of data, I'd like to be able to de-select a few items in a filter, then use "invert selection" to switch the check box values of all items before applying the filter

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel Reverse Linked Table - Propagating the changes in rows to added column

Reverse Link Table: Reverse Linked Table (PowerPivot –> Excel): is the result of a DAX query imported in an Excel Table. The Refresh of this table executes the DAX query again. If you Refresh all of the data connections in an Excel workbook, a Reverse Linked Table is refreshed after the tables in the PowerPivot data model have been refreshed; in other words, the dependency order for refresh is automatically handled by Excel 2013.

1) I create in Excel table T1 (Exl-T1) with only two columns (i.e. Column A and Column B), and 10 rows.
    2) Using Excel 2016's Get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Precedence for data tables

This is a two part comment.
    1) If there are two data tables in a spreadsheet, and the results of one table are used as inputs to the other, and the manual calculation option is chosen, it seems to be random which table is calculated first. Then the calculation has to be done twice to ensure the inputs to the dependent table are up to date.
    2) If another spreadsheet is open, or several others, the time it takes to calculate the table(s) increases, as if the all the open spreadsheets are being calculated for each data table entry. That…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix bug when a table's column name starts with whitespace followed by a special character

If a Table's column name starts with whitespace (spaces, tabs), and is followed by a special character (such as #, @, <, ', etc.), then the auto-generated references to this column break after you leave and come back to edit them a second time by inserting a space after the table name.

See a fuller conversation around this bug here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_win10-mso_o365b/excel-bug-tables-that-have-column-headers-starting/1192e9c5-832e-4c87-9e6e-89de56427d0f?messageId=ef3bf741-63a3-4e49-bf8e-5354a1f944df

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base