Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve the functionality of data tables:

Improve the functionality of data tables:
    - so you can control which data tables need updating and others that don't need updating everytime you do a calculation. This would improve the performance of updating calculations where only certain aspects of the model have changed.
    - make it easier to run nested data tables

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 해 찾기 추가 기능 - 종속변수 활성화 체크박스 추가

해 찾기 추가 기능에서 종속 조건 변수에서 체크 박스를 추가하여 활성화 및 비활성화 기능을 사용 할 수 있게 만들어서 활성화 시켰을 때 결과 값과 비활성화 시켰을 때 결과 값을 비교 할 수 있었으면 좋겠습니다

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Accessibility] Keyboard shortcut to move rows and columns

ALT+SHIFT+ARROW_KEY, similarly to tables in word and OneNote

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Excel should allow to copy & paste the values even when there is filter

Excel should allow to copy & paste the values even when there is filter that is used. This will make our work faster, as we need not un-filter the cells to copy and paste the values. Currently we can't make range of cells static by copy pasting when there is formula in those cells.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Copy-pasting unsorted filtered data causes Excel to freeze for 2 minutes

Copy-pasting the visible cells on a filtered selection of unsorted data causes Excel to freeze for 2 minutes before the data is pasted in a new sheet.
    However, when performing a sort first before applying the filter, the data is pasted instantaneously.

We are running Microsoft Excel for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11328.20362) 32-bit / Click-to-run / semi-annual channel / Version 1902

Steps to simulate the issue can be found in the attached PDF document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Return refresh auto filter old style

Please return to old-style refresh autofilter method.

On 2016 version, it is necessary to re-aply filter to refresh the results.
    In older version, after select an item in a column, others colums was already filtered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel AutoFilter

Summa securos acie apparere dum scrolling adde transitum. Commode enim magnum lists

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hyperlink sorting

in a table when I sort, the hyperlinks are locked to a cell and does not sort with the text. so if I fill in a hyperlink in cell 134 and it sorts to cell 39, the hyperlink is still linked to cell 134 and not to cell 39. Is there a way to have the hyperlink be locked to the text and not the cell so when I sort it updates cell location with the text?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use AGGREGATE instead of SUBTOTAL for the total row of tables and for subtotals

AGGREGATE is the successor of SUBTOTAL and all supported versions of Excel support it. There is no reason to use SUBTOTAL over AGGREGATE.

Please use AGGREGATE instead of SUBTOTAL for the total row of tables and for subtotals (Data tab → Subtotal). Then deprecate SUBTOTAL by adding it to the list of Compatibility functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Filter by Cell Color - ALL Colored Cells

Right now, you can filter by a single color or no color, but you cannot filter for ALL colored cells. In my mind, it is the same concept as filtering out the blanks and leaving all cells with values. If you are looking at the picture I attached, I want to be able to see the peach and blue rows at the same time, without the white.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Searching threads

In older Excel version, one was able to search Notes, however, with the new version the comments can't be searched. This would be very helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Return to original row in table after applying and clearing filter

After applying a filter to a table and reviewing/editing the filtered data, clearing the filter should take you back to your starting row.

At the moment it usually takes you back to the top of the table, though sometimes it seems to pick a random row. I'm normally working at the bottom of the table.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow each column/row in a data table to use a different table style

Table formatting looks beautiful, but I often have subsections within tables that I would like to have a different color. Please let us format each column/row in a table individually instead of just having first and second column/first and second row. I just want to use your beautiful formats to convey information more clearly and facilitate the use of complex tables.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sorting in Romanian font is not working

I have issues with sorting Romanian text in Excel, ă should be sorted as second after a base on the Romanian alphabet. This feature worked in the previous version of Office (Office 2013). This is affecting 10 of my devices right now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excel bug when copy a filtered long list

Hi I have a Speedsheet with a lot of data with over 90740 registres from different years, as some data was filled with blank and 0, It was a large file over 80 Mbytes. I filtered to exclude the data and to copy de resulting in to a new spreedsheet to reduce the size of the file.

when I analyze de copied data results I have found that only about 1/3 of the valid data was copied even do Excel filter shows that only 0 and blank data has been filtered in reallity the filter took more away, I just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disponibilizar opção de cálculo de mediana na tabela dinâmica

Disponibilizar opção de cálculo de mediana na tabela dinâmica, de modo que seja possível calcular a mediana usando filtros.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. other languges then english

I use hebrew as a second language. and when i try to auto fill, excel doesn't understand to auto fill hebrew alphabet, months, days of week etc. i guess that the same problem applies to users of other second languages.
    it would be a great idea for excel to improve that. especially for right to left languages where its very important
    thanks
    i hope you will improve it the fastest possible

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel tables should be separate UI elements from the tabbed spreadsheets

I love the Excel Tables and I believe they should have been part of Excel from the beginning. Now that we have them, I am not happy with the way they are forced into the legacy GUI, namely that we still have monolithic single spreadsheet for a "canvas" that may contain more than one of these Excel Tables, but because these tables share the same spreadsheet grid, one always runs into undesirable side-effects, such as disabled Insert/Delete of spreadsheet rows and/or the "This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet" errors that should not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base