Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix filter annoyances

1) Bug: when panes are frozen, in the moment when filter is applied the sheet is being violently scrolled horizontally in a random direction, hiding the active column.
    Please do not scroll on filter application.

2) Missing functionality: The filter popup list can be re-sized to show more or wider items. Unfortunately the size of the popup is not remembered on the next pop.

Many thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 10 + Excel: Fix unfilter column bug...

When using Windows 10 and a large spreadsheet, many users of Excel 2013 and 2016 encounter problems with excel calculating extremely slowly when you remove the filter from a column. Unfiltering the same spreadsheets works fine in Windows 8.1.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom sort with UDF as Comparer

When using the standard Sort dialog, it would be extremely useful for the 'Sort on' column to accept custom UDFs to implement the comparison of the values in the selected column.

So the 'Sort on' values would be:
    * Values
    * Cell Color
    * Font Color
    * Cell Icon
    * UDF...

Clicking 'UDF...' will bring up a dialog displaying all UDFs implementing the IComparer interface. The user can select which one they want to use.

This will enable many scenarios such as sorting by IP addresses, MAC address etc. where standard alpha-numeric sorts don't work - they give incorrect sort…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to copy mutiple worksheets that contain a table

Excel will currently not let you copy more than one worksheet at a time if any of them contain a table. This needs to be allowed.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow copying of tables from Word into Excel tables (you can't do that to a merged cell)

Because of Excel's abysmal text processing functions, I frequently copy large tables from Excel sheets into Word flies. After translating the text, I copy them back to Excel. I'd like to copy entire tables into the original Excel cells, but I get two really stupid messages.
    "The data you're pasting isn't the same size as your selection. Do you want to paste anyway?"
    After clicking OK:
    "We can't do that to a merged a cell."

This happens despite the fact that the content was copied out of those exact same cells.

Make it so that I can copy a table…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please fix Filters bug

When selecting a filter, if the first column in the set of filters does not stretch down to match the "length" of all columns in the filters then filtering is incomplete. Please fix that, by taking the longest consecutive column of all filtered columns, as the list to filter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base