Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tables should default to "My table has headers" being ticked

It's taken me 10 years to realise this but I've never "unchecked" My Table has headers, it's ALWAYS the other way round, forgetting to remember to tick it because Excel hasn't recognised the header row.

Let's default the tick to always on ?

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. other languges then english

I use hebrew as a second language. and when i try to auto fill, excel doesn't understand to auto fill hebrew alphabet, months, days of week etc. i guess that the same problem applies to users of other second languages.
    it would be a great idea for excel to improve that. especially for right to left languages where its very important
    thanks
    i hope you will improve it the fastest possible

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter Option - for 6 Months

In Filter, there are options for Last Week, Month, Quarter & Year. There could be following 2 options that can help user a lot:
    1) Last 6 Months
    2) First 6 Months (Current Year)

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to paste to filtered (visible) cells

PROBLEM: Excel's PASTE (ctrl-V) operation does not distinguish between filtered and unfiltered cells, even though its COPY (ctrl-C) operation copies filtered (visible) cells.

SOLUTIONS:
    * Enhance PASTE SPECIAL (ctrl-alt-V) to support the ability to paste into only filtered (visible) cells.
    * Add a user option to support this default PASTE action.

BENEFITS:
    * Eliminates the danger of pasting into a filtered area without realizing the problem. This is a very common problem with users new to Excel. Even experienced users must be constantly aware of this problem.
    * Addresses a problem for which there is no good workaround. All VBA…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. table heading item count

When clicking on a table heading, for example to select items in that column, it would be great to see a count beside each listed item. I realise that this could carry a performance hit, so perhaps it could be selected as an Advanced Option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save and Re-Apply Filters on Tables

It would be really great to be able apply simple or complex filters on one or more columns in a table, to save as a named filter, and to re-apply it later on the table.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My suggestion is to have additional TOGGLE command or feature in MS EXCEL while putting filter.

Greetings!!

My suggestion is to have additional TOGGLE command or feature in MS EXCEL while putting filter. One can put filter to available fields for example A, B, C, D and E. When I put filter to A and B, and then I want to put TOGGLE filter like C, D and E, it's time consuming. This new TOGGLE feature or command will be really helpful when there will be large number of data. Example showing short data with five numbers only. Thank You!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. lock cloumns together

cells A1:A5 are merged, cells B1:B5 are sub categories of info in the merged cell. This is repeated for A6:A10, A11:A15, etc. I want to sort column B so that column A stays put, but the sub category info sorts while staying connected to the merged cells. For instance, A1:A5 have the letter "A" in the merged cell. B1:B5 have A,B,C,D,E dispersed through them, then A6:a10 has a "B" with B5:B10 havign a letter in each of those cells, and so on. I want to sort column B in alphabetical order while clomn A stays in it's current order, or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow slicers to dock

I use slicers with a fairly big table which results in the being either on top of the data or just out of sight. If they could dock to for example the right side of the screen (like the pivot table options do) and also snap together. It would be a very welcome addition.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choose >= today in date filter

I use filters to show certain data in my table, then I created a view I can implement with a macro button. This works well, however, each time I view this data, I am only concerned with data relevant to the current date or later. It would be convenient if the date filter had a choice of not only "today" but greater than or equal to today so that you do not have to manually enter the dates each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Table filter "Equals" does work unless you match exact format of number

If you use the table filter on a column of numbers and select that the number must be "equal" to X, you have to enter your criteria in the exact format of the number in the column. For example if you have 0 in a column, but the column is formatted as 0.00, when you try to apply a filter where cell must equal 0, it returns no rows. But when you change the filter where cell must equal 0.00, it works. Same goes for something like 1000 that is formatted as 1,000.00. Filter "equals" doesn't find it if you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Data validation rules do not extend while adding new rows in a table.

While formulas in columns extend with new rows added to a table, data validation rules do not. That's unintuitive and very inconvenient.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. filter

I think it would be pretty handy if the filter dialogue box had an invert button. I often look at a certain amount of data, and then would have to manually check and uncheck it all if I want to see the opposite data. I don't know if i'm the only person with this minor issue but having the ability to check what is unchecked, and uncheck what is checked, at the click of a button would help out tremendously.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Jossain aiemmissä Exccel versiossa versioissa se oli tosin vain kommentin nimellä ja ei tarvinnut muokata kuin yksi kommentti ja kopio ja li

Miksi 365'ssä kun muistiinpanon muotoa muuttaa ja siirtää taulossa sitä esim. rivin alaspäin ja tallentaa muodon, mutta kun kopioin muistiinpanon seuraavaan sarakkeeseen, niin muistiinpanon muoto muuttuu taas ohjelman alkueräiseen muotoon eli saman solun päälle vaikka asemoin sen seuraavalla riville yläreunasta vetämällä? Joku ongelma ohjelmassa! Ikävää kun muistiinpanoa pitää joka solussa muokata haluttuun asemaan!
    Jossain aiemmissä Exccel versiossa versioissa se oli tosin vain kommentin nimellä ja ei tarvinnut muokata kuin yksi kommentti ja kopio ja liitä niin se oli siinä asemassa ja kokoisena kuin haluan!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. filter box

I use the excel filter function a lot. Each time I click on filter, the filter box appears as a small box. I resize the box to show more entries, however when next selecting the filter, on any column, the box has returned to the default small size. Can Excel remember to keep the filter box to the size that I adjust it too.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FIX THE PROBLEM OF PASTE CELLS WITH IMAGE FORMAT

PORQUE CUANDO PEGO CELDAS EN FORMATO IMAGEN, AL SER MUY LARGA LA FILA NO SE PEGAN TODAS LAS CELDAS, SOLO PARCIALMENTE. EN NINGÚN LUGAR DICE QUE ESTO PUEDE PASAR, ME ACABAN DE ANULAR 2 FACTURAS.

YAAAAA ESTAMOS 2019!!! A NADIE LE HA PASADO ESTO?? TENGO OFFICE 2019

ESPERO SUS COMENTARIOS RESPECTO A LA PERDIDA DE INFORMACIÓN EN EL PEGADO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filtrar a partir da Célula

Seria muito útil ter junto das ferramentas Classificar e Filtrar uma opção de filtro a partir da célula selecionada.

Exemplo: atualmente em uma planilha de várias linhas onde um nome se repete algumas vezes, para localizar a repetição temos algumas formas, classificar para que as mesmas fiquem juntas, utilizar a formatação condicional para que todas fiquem marcadas ou utilizar o filtro a partir do cabeçalho e depois localizar através dos nomes qual era a repetida. em minha ideia ao clicar sobre o comando (suspenso ou através da barra) o filtro dos títulos considerasse para o filtro a informação da célula…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base