Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Edit Measure" to right-click context menu for PivotTable Fields Values Pane

When I want to edit a PowerPivot measure, I generally want to edit a measure I'm *already* using.

I don't want to scroll through a whole bunch of tables in the fields list trying to find it. I just want to right-click on that Measure right from the PivotTable Fields Values Pane where I can already see it, and do it right from there.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. slicer red x

FIX SLICER RED X ON FILTER
    Since upgrading to Office 365, all my slicers now have red X on the filter button, regardless of any filtering. In 2016, the X turned red only when the slicer was filtered, otherwise it was greyed out. Now, in 365, ALL slicers ALWAYS have a red x. No way of scanning quickly to see which slicers are filtered. They all LOOK like they are filtered, whether they are or not.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expand Pivot Tables without overwriting existing data beneath or to the right of table

With all the queries on the internet, we assume there is no built-in option to prevent pivot tables from overwriting data beneath the table during refresh and expansion. Is that correct?

Given that Excel has options for 'inserting' rows, why in the world would Microsoft NOT provide a pivot table expansion/contraction option for inserting or deleting rows from within the refreshed table without overwriting data beneath or to the right of the table?

It is also interesting that inserting rows into a regular Excel table, using the TAB key in the last row, can add rows by expanding the table…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Select Pivot Table by name

I would like to have the possibility to select a PivotTable by name.

In a PivotTable chart, the source tells you what is the PivotTable name but then, you have so select all your PivotTables one by one to find the correct PivotTable.
    So if you can add a tool that is able to select a PivotTable by name, it will save a lot of time.

Thanks

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sort Pivot Tables based on multiple columns

I want to be able to sort various values I have selected in my Pivot table in addition to the rows and columns.

For example, in a pivot table representing code coverage, I have class and function as my rows, for my values I have lines of code and the percentage of code touched. In order to see where I should best focus my efforts, I want to see the functions with the most lines of code and the least code coverage, so I want to sort first by LoC (descending) and then by coverage percentage (ascending).

This doesn't appear…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option of not aggregating in Pivot Tables.

I like the look and ease of using Pivot Tables, but would like to view actual values instead of aggregates. I've seen this suggestion appear on several other forums, but am surprised it has not been added as a feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: wrong data from OLAP source

Incorrect values of dimension in pivot table sourced on OLAP cube (Microsoft SSAS 11.0.5569.0). The latest version without that bug is 16.0.6001.1068. Obviously we don’t know exact source of this bug, but most of the issues we discovered were on complex pivot tables with many attributes, partially displayed dimension’s hierarchy and without subtotals. Example of this bug occurring is in attached file ExcelBug. There are 2 exactly the same pivot tables (the table on the right hand side is basically copy of the table on the left hand side). After removing “Grand Total” on the table on the right hand…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Suppress Zero Values in Pivot Tables

Many other software programs that aggregate data in a similar manner as pivot tables allow or even default to an option that suppresses zero values. This would be extremely helpful to consolidate the table down when I am pivoting on data that has a lot of open dimensions that won't have values.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Distinct Count in Pivot Tables

I wanted to group values in pivot tables, but also do a distinct count. Pivot table doesn't allow you to do both. Can someone please provide an update excel to perform this feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow slicers on protected sheets to be USED but not edited

When we protect a worksheet, we can choose whether to edit objects.

...If we uncheck this box, slicers can't be used. They become useless decoration.

...If we check this box, slicers and all other objects on the sheet, can be selected, moved, resized, and deleted.

Please allows us to protect our objects while also allowing us to use our slicers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. be able to sort pivot fields when im using it like filter not only when im using it like rows

be able to sort pivot fields when im using it like filter not only when im using it like rows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel Pivot Table issue: Expand issue

Hi Team,

I found an issue in excel.

When creating a pivot table and we have 4 options in rows like (Pending Status, Days in current status, Issue category, Pending person).
    1:- If we have days in current status like 11 and I expand that than all 11 will expand, if I close that than all 11 will close as per logic only that 11 should expand on which i'm clicking and same should close.

2:- If we have issue category like Doc issue and I expand that than all Doc issue will expand, if I close that than all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change the sum function to subtraction

Today when a pivot table is made and we ask you to add a total on some level, the excel adds. You could have an option to change the sum function to subtraction. For exemple I would like to substraction two lines, today I made de pivot tables, copy and paste the table and I add a substracion at the line subtotal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. File Options>Advanced>Data>Disable Autofit column width on PivotTable update

I would like to add my name to the many users who create pivot tables daily only to see column width auto-adjust on refresh, and having to go into "Pivot Table Options>Layout&Format>Autofit column widths on update" and uncheck the box for EACH individual pivot table. It would be fantastic to have a check box in File Options (under Advanced>Data where the rest of Pivot Table options are) to uncheck the box as a default.

A great thanks to John Michaloudis' podcasts and thanks to John Campbell's recommendation (JM podcast n.8) to use this forum to post ideas and suggestions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pivot text

Can "Don't aggregate" function be added in Value field of Pivot table,currently the value in this field is summarized by sum,count,average,max,etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Output a table from Power Pivot

Hello everyone,
    Would be great if would be possible also to get a table from power pivot aplication like you can do at power query.
    It would be helpfull in some day by day situation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Pivot Table "Merge & Center" option to be toggled per field in the field settings

Currently for Pivot Tables, you are only able to toggle "Merge and center cells with labels" for the entire report. In practice, we usually only want to merge and center the header fields.

This could be easily solved if there is an option under each field setting, similar to how you are allowed to change other layout options individually for each field currently. I imagine it shouldn't be too much work to follow the same logic as what's already in place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. error message pivot table field name is not valid

Please identify WHICH pivot table is causing the problem. when you have a spreadsheet with many many pivots on many tables, this error means that you have to manually search each pivot table until you find the one (or more) that is causing the problem. in fact, because pivot tables based on tables can get messed up if you delete table columns, even if you figure out which data set is causing the problem, you still have to manually adjust (change data) for each one of the pivots based on the table. Excel should adjust the data range on pivots…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel should add automatic "Dashboard" templates design as an option in its template area

Excel should add automatic "Dashboard" templates design as an option in its template area

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base