Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Link the min and max values of a chart axis to cell value

It would be nice to be able to link the min and/or max value of an chart axis to a cell reference instead of manual enter the value or the auto function.

806 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

erik svensen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Admin - Are you yet in a position to offer a date / release when this feature might be introduced. It does seem a nonsense that these type of 'in your face' improvements consistently go to the back of the queue in the development stack.

This would solve a big risk factor for me! I have some complex charts with two vertical axis and I really need them to be the same, but it would be good if they also could "grow" with the new data when necessary, linking the min and max value of both axis to cells would allow me to calculate the values base on my current data set while making sure both axis stay the same.

I can't believe this is a question. Seems like a relatively simple change and would be so helpful

You have to add this feature absolutely!!! I've found this feedback because I need this functionality but sadly I discovered that it is not implemented in Excel

Firstly, is this community active? Because it seems like a lot of good suggestions are just sitting here for years!

Anyway, this is a MUST HAVE feature. VBA workarounds are not acceptable as scripting is beyond an average user. Additionally, VBA enabled Excel files pose security risk and many users may disable/avoid them.

Lack of cell linkage is just frustrating, and VBA solutions are not the answer when you want a simple graph sheet for non-advanced users to work with. Also many clients don't wnat VBA solutions as they have been burned in the past by locked macros etc

Please add this feature. It's one of the most frustrating aspects of creating spreadsheet templates or dashboards that have dynamic data. More often than not, the auto values don't support creating an elegant looking chart and expecting end users to understand how to update the min/max values themselves each time their source data changes is an adoption killer.

• Akkaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it will be good if we have option to link min/max with a cell or make it Auto

Same problem for goal seeking: why not link the target/objective with a cell value in stead of typing it all the time...?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base