Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Link the min and max values of a chart axis to cell value

It would be nice to be able to link the min and/or max value of an chart axis to a cell reference instead of manual enter the value or the auto function.

919 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

erik svensen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so helpful! Using VBA to accomplish this is a bit unpredictable.

• Ryan Kaplan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do a lot of data visualization and this is really a must, it's so frustrating that I can't setup my report templates to use a formula for this. I end up having to go assist people with setting it up for their specific clients since the default doesn't always capture what our organization wants.

• S.Amutha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Min and max values of a chart axis to cell value will be useful for stock market small and medium investors, those who make their own portfolios. Investors may create simple to complex charts to gauge their investment. If they try to create a chart as they like, would not suffer too much like default excel 'Min,Max' scale formula. It should be simple and UDS (User Defined Scale) option may be include in 'series' selection small window. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Admin - Are you yet in a position to offer a date / release when this feature might be introduced. It does seem a nonsense that these type of 'in your face' improvements consistently go to the back of the queue in the development stack.

This would solve a big risk factor for me! I have some complex charts with two vertical axis and I really need them to be the same, but it would be good if they also could "grow" with the new data when necessary, linking the min and max value of both axis to cells would allow me to calculate the values base on my current data set while making sure both axis stay the same.

I can't believe this is a question. Seems like a relatively simple change and would be so helpful

You have to add this feature absolutely!!! I've found this feedback because I need this functionality but sadly I discovered that it is not implemented in Excel

Firstly, is this community active? Because it seems like a lot of good suggestions are just sitting here for years!

Anyway, this is a MUST HAVE feature. VBA workarounds are not acceptable as scripting is beyond an average user. Additionally, VBA enabled Excel files pose security risk and many users may disable/avoid them.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base