Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Make Power Pivot available in all versions of Excel

Previous title: "Make the Power BI Family - PowerPIvot + PowerQuery + PowerView and PowerMap available in all versions of Excel".

500 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sameer Bhide shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi all,

I’m happy to announce that your input has had another direct impact on the product. In this case, a decision has been made to have Power Pivot be available in all Windows editions (“SKUs”) of Excel! This means the Business, Home, Standard, etc.. all of these will have Power Pivot. As your comments have indicated, Power Pivot has moved from targeting a specialized audience to generally useful capability for working with data in spreadsheets. As such, it makes sense to make this as broadly available as possible.

We have started rolling this change out with the April Current Channel updates (Builds 9330 and beyond). I’m also happy to announce that these SKU changes will be reflected on the upcoming 2019 version as well.

Thank you for pushing for this!

Ashvini Sharma
    PM Manager
    Excel

250 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is beyond frustrating. How am I supposed to complete the MS Data Science Program on my own time without this?

• Raphael Queiroz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How sad I was when I discovery that Power Pivot don't Belongs to Office 365. If it persist, I do not renew my 5 accounts of my company.

• John Redberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most ridiculous product planning I've seen in a long time, and moreover blatant false advertising.
        After spending HOURS trying to enable these features in my 365 Home version, I landed here. And I still don't know what version I would have to buy if I wanted to.
        It is advertised countless times all over Microsoft's websites that the 365 subscriptions include "Fully installed Office applications". How does Microsoft define the word "full" ?!

• me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So after Microsoft decides to downgrade excel (their choice and their right) - they miss lead consumers on their page by saying that "Office is fully installed" and that it has all features - but as we know it doesn't. They have ignored all requests to provide a product as advertised on their website --- I think now is a good time for a class action law suite for misrepresentation of their product.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, still going.
        I got my money back for my 2016 Office purchase.
        They tout power pivot, then you come home hundreds of dollars poorer, and find out you don't have it.
        MSFT: when you 'upgrade' something, you don't remove a free app. Doing so is actually called a 'downgrade'.

• Kirk Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - please make BI tools readily available in Office 365 subscriptions! Developers and end users need to get their hands on and become comfortable with these tools so they become the "go to" choice over competitor BI offerings. Make these BI tools as ubiquitous as Excel itself.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am taking a course in Excel 2016 which is one of the main reasons I signed up for it and now I find that I can't complete the course because the PowerPivot is not available in Office 365. Thanks a lot! Just add it back or give us a plugin!

• Kerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, if I create power pivot tables using excel 2016, can other users see the results/graphs if they are using 2013 excel? If not, do I need to revert back to 2013 excel so others can see report?

• Kerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a business analyst and my employer generously gave me access to Office365 and 2016 office packages. However, I cannot run the power pivot tables in excel. This has prevented me doing my job, and now looks like we need to go back to 2013 excel. Does anyone see any probs with that?

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to use PowerPivot to develop data models from Dynamics NAV to PowerBi, but now find that our Office 365 Business does not include this feature. Very disappointing!!

• Angelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        Please consider adding the Power Pivot into the Office 365 Home Premium Subscription.
        I upgraded from office 2010 and realised too late that I could no longer access the models I built in 2010.
        Perhaps limiting the size of the models would be a better compromise on the home subscriptions as opposed to removing the feature entirely.

Thanks,
        Angelos

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that taking features away from 2013 to Office 365 is not a good move. I was one phone with MS for 3 hours before they figured out that my subscription to 365 did not include powerpivot.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So my job is data analysis and occasionally I work from home testing and using power pivot ... That is until Microsoft decided to not have it available in Office 365 or 2013!!!!! WTF!

Standard in 2010, but not tell your customers what they need to do to receive the added functionality ... Gooood calllll .....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Office 365 Home and was looking forward to training myself up on Power Pivot only to find that it is not included

How disappointing and extremely frustrating. Microsoft get into the real world - at the very least look after your customers and let them know what versions it is including in by clearly stating it on your website.

There is no excuse to include PowerPivot and all BI tools available in ALL VERSIONS OF OFFICE 365. Every reference Microsoft makes about PowerPivot indicates that IT IS AVAILABLE to ALL USERS, but apparently that is still not true?

• Ajit Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have "Office 365 Business Essentials" license. It would be really helpful if you can provide PowerPivot in all editions of office 356 as we need to consume some third party applications developed using PowerPivot and we ourselves are not expert in PowerPivot.

Please add PowerPivot back to Excel. It's vital to analists. You know we are not only working on public computers in company, and such a fundamental function as PowerPivot should not be a prremium for higher price.
        For me, I just got an email from Microsoft to invite me to study Excel 10 Tricks. However I cannot even finish your course with my Office 365 subscription! It is ridiculous.
        I sincerely hope that PowerPivot can be added back to Excel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base