Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Allow users to to Multi Select in the Unhide Sheets dialog

If you have 10 sheets hidden and you want to unhide all of them it is a painful task to doing it one by one

230 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sameer Bhide shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ashley Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has to be so simple but it is a HUGE time suck - the other addition would be the ability to sort the tabs in the list to find the tab - or range of tabs - you want to unhide.

• Raúl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this functionaly would save us a lot of time. Please consider it. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my vote to this improvement. I use many documents with multiple worksheets that track payroll, etc., and most have at least 12 -24 worksheets. I would like to be able to hide quarters not in use and be able to restore them in one fell swoop, rather than one at a time...very laborious.

• Varghese O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there was an option to click the "Vote: button multiple times, I would have given this a thousand votes !!!!
        Implementing the idea would really be beneficial to excel users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature. Currently, to get around this, I use the following macro:

ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True

• C Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if there was an "Unhide All" check box which would enable Excel to launch all hidden tabs in a spreadsheet.
        Thank you

• Arianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to unhide multiple sheets at once. Since we can hide multiple sheets at the same time, why can't we unhide multiple sheets? It can be very time consuming to click each sheet individually and unhide them one by one. This would be a great feature so you do not have to manually go through unhiding them one at a time and trying to figure out which one you need.

• J L Fischer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I updated data in several tabs for the main report on the first tab. It takes a few minutes to unhide all of the hidden tabs and then to hide them again. 1 time, this doesn't amount to much, but I have been doing this for years...

Could a feature be added to have a selection box, like in the pivot table filters, so I can select multiple tabs to unhide and/or hide at a time?

• Eileen Shifflett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it drives me crazy that hidden worksheets have to be unhidden one at a time - seems like you should be able to use the ctrl key to select multiple worksheets when they are listed after clicking "unhide" from the worksheet tab menu

• Levi Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the excellent suggestion by Tomas K, please consider making it easy to select a subset of sheets. It might make sense to do this with shift+click (where you click to select a start point, then shift+click on the end point and it extends the selection from the start point to the end point including everything in between).

Feedback and Knowledge Base