Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Kindly make power pivot option as a standard in excel 2016

The use of pivot has increased over the period of time. Currently power pivot is provided as add-in and is not part of standard excel. Request you to make power pivot as a standard option in next release of excel i.e. Excel 2016

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Srikanth Chikkars shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add for home version as well, as we learned from MS training centre and cannot practice at home

PowerPivot is NOT available in certain versions such as Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016, although portions of it are available under aka "Get & Transform." However, graphical features, for example, are not available. This is most confusing in terms of both availability and terminology. It's high time Microsoft got over corporate greed and made PowerPivot available in all version of 2016 and 365 and saved consumers a lot of confusion and headache.

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe Microsoft would benefit from having this available in every version because of the cottage industry that already exists but would explode when more users could use and innovate with these tools. It would be like it is for Excel today, almost every question you can come up with has already been asked and answered. That drops the learning curve tremendously for someone with a little curiosity and time. Then your solution becomes the standard. It's good for everyone.

• Brendon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not included in my standard version of excel 2016. It really is ridiculous to not have some kind of ability to pay for solely that function as I will not convince my whole organisation to change to Pro. The data model is obviously sitting behind it because I can PowerQuery (or the new data ribbon version) directly into it, but not author it. Really annoying.

Please add these functions also to Excel for Office 365 Home.
    @Dan: still not enjoying my Excel :-(

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the 365 student edition. Powerpivot is highly relevant for my coursework but isn't included in that version - I think you should reconsider your choice not to include it.

• Dory Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe Power Query, Power Pivot, Power Map are all included with Office 2016, based on Preview details. Due to release next week?

Feedback and Knowledge Base