Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

New Template, Investment Tracker, Use in UK

This is a great idea. But I am in UK and entering my shares does not work.
(XLON:RDSB) produces a field error.
(XLON:AV.) produces a US$ price which is about 10 times the actual £ price.
The template is just what I need; but as with many others I have looked at it is not easily adapted for UK use. This severely limits the value of their subscription for UK users of Office 365.

Can UK versions be supplied, please?

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Works better now: thank you for this.

But prices, changes and values are 100 times too high. I can't figure this out at present and perhaps this could also be addressed, please.

Example: HSBC Holdings PLC (XLON:HSBA) 5,000 £652.50 £2.40 0.37% 5% £3,262,500.00

Actual price is £65.25, change is £0.24, Value is £32,625.00

Dividing holding by 100 gives correct value but not correct change value.

• Micah M [Microsoft] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for using the Stocks feature and providing feedback! Both of those tickers should be supported today and I when I tried them both I was able to pull the correct data for both but I did have to remove the parenthesis before the search succeeded: The cells contained XLON:RDSB and XLON:AV.

I will take back the feedback about making search more resilient to having extra characters like parenthesis or quotation marks and see what we can do about that.

The XLON exchange is supported and the full list of supported Exchanges can be found in our "About our Data Sources" article (the easiest way to find it is to look for it in Help in Excel by pressing F1 and searching for "About our Data Sources").

Feedback and Knowledge Base