Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Make Conditional Formatting Rules Editor window sizable.

Make Conditional Formatting Rules Editor window sizable.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve Towner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Futski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I think ALL popup windows should be resizable. There is no reason anymore that, other than laziness, that MS should have any fixed size pop-up windows. I'd be happy even if it didn't remember the last size the window was. But for the love of Pete, make the windows resizable, especially if they contain formula text boxes. This should be an easy one to fix.

• R Michael Olsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering almost if now all of us use widescreen monitors and many more nowadays switching to ultra-wides, we could allow the option to have it in the sidebar. Combine that with an option for a live preview, we could have a solution that doesn't interrupt our workflow.

• Stephanie J Beal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Conditional Formatting quite a bit. I would like to see the window sizable to see my formulas and be able to copy them easier. Actually all menus should be able to be resizeable.

I also would like to see some sort of default on the original formatting I did to a sheet and be able to quickly delete all the cut and pastes people do. I may start with 8 and end up with 50 because people don't know to past just text and not paste all formatting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base