Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Add Power BI Dataflows as a data source in "Get & Transform Data"

Please add Power BI Dataflows as a data source so that I can import data from a Dataflow into the local spreadsheet/data model.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-create-use

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean Earp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They updated Power Query for Excel on Office 365 1907 (compilation 11819.200002 insider build) and added a currently deactivated Power BI source. Maybe they are up to something, but I couldn't find a related M function for that option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 isn’t the whole idea behind power platform to let folks build their own data source of truth? I need business office users able to build financial reports and reconcile from same data sources specified in Power BI data flows. Please?!

• Chris Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think dataflows would be a really good way of exposing tables of data for Excel users in situations where access to the underlying data source is not possible, or where it's important to extract the data from the data source only once (regardless of how many end users need to use the data) for performance reasons or to ensure consistency between users. Surely this must be easy to implement given that dataflows are already available for Power Query in Power BI?

Feedback and Knowledge Base