Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Convert Dynamic Arrays into Tables

The new Dynamic Arrays make possible to automatically fill down formulas. Tables can also fill down formulas. Microsoft Excel Team could make both features be compatible so we could convert Dynamic Arrays into Tables making them expand and shrink according to the main formula.

51 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cristiano Galvão shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ed Hansberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest shortcoming to the new Dynamic Array functions is the inability to use them in a table.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to use dynamic arrays with tables, not convert them to tables.

• Guido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this a great idea. I've seen nice vids/demos of MVP on dynamic array functions, but I was also a bit disappointed when they announced the incompatibility with tables.
    Somehow it seems natural, since tables can resize, that they would resize based on the array spill result.

• HackSlash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you mean convert tables to Dynamic Arrays? It looks like Dynamic Arrays can do everything that tables can do plus the source data can expand just like the table itself.

Feedback and Knowledge Base