Display/List the name of the currently active Custom View
Custom Views are a helpful means of working with a limited portion of the spreadsheets data.
Custom Views could use some improvements:
1. Provide a way for the user to know which Custom View is currently active.
a. The name of the Custom View could be displayed in the Status Bar as: Custom View “CustomViewName”.
b. When necessary or advantageous to save display space, an abbreviation such as the letters “CV” could be displayed. The full-text listing could then be displayed when the (mouse) cursor was hovering over this abbreviated display.
2. Provide a quick access to changing the current Custom View.
a. Make the Status Bar Custom View display an active tool, so that when it is selected:
i. It expands to show the list of existing Custom Views with the current one highlighted and allows selection for immediate switching to the selected Custom View.
ii. Or it opens the Custom Views dialog box.
Phillip Givens commented
I prefer Microsoft office, but we use g-suite at work. This feature is much better in g-suite for the following reasons
1. "Filter Views..." is a more intuitive place for filters
2. A drop down is better than the dialog for switching between custom views. See the drop down in the first image.
3. The UI changes to make it very clear that I have a view applied. Notice the black bars in the second image.
4. It is available online. MS's custom views does not seem to be available in o365.
4. The name of the view is promenant