Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

When copying tabs, somtimes we have to cycle through 100s of "Yes" or "No" to the "Name already exists warning" Can we add Yes to All option

This is a major productivity killer for power users such as finance teams, and current UX does not help exit this state efficiently.

160 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Bate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please simply add a "cancel,do not copy tab" button. Seriously, the delays could really set me back on hard deadlines.

• James Bate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the worst. Why is there not a way to click cancel. I have a very similar issue whenever I want to duplicate a spreadsheet (tab) with tuns of named cells and ranges into spreadsheet. I need to rename all the ranges/cells individually, or I'm prompted with a follow up dialog box. If I select the wrong spreadsheet to duplicate, I could be really screwed and severely delayed with respect to other work I need to achieve.

• Simon Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so annoying. Once you are in the loop, you cannot exit. And it never makes any difference to the Excel sheet.

• Hakan Yılmaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better to have a dialog box showing the differences between defined names in target and source workbooks, so we can set all at once and proceed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely need this. you can also delete all the names in name manager for preventing pop ups like this as a temporary solution.

• Emre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes pls, I think 99% of excel users will love this functionality !!!

It would be much more productive if we could select all at once instead of going one by one. Please fix!

It would be much more productive if we could select all at once instead of going one by one. Please fix!

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the bane of every data scientist and finance professional in the world :)

• Andrii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed!!! This is really something to be fixed - it could at list give the full list of such issues at once, not one by one.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base