Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Series order issue in Excel 2016

Hi,

I have noticed a change in behavior in Excel 2016 in comparison to 2013. I have tested this in different 2016 environments with the same result in all. One of them fully updated to the absolute latest version.

You can create a line chart with for example 3 series and then go into the "Select Data Source" dialog (Chart tools/Design/Select Data) and uncheck one of the series so it wont show in the chart. If you then selects one of the series and use the "move up" or the "move down" buttons to change the plot order of the chart the series order will change but the checkbox selection for visibility wont follow. In other words, the buttons to change the plot order of the series moves the series but the moved series will get the checked state of the series that was in that position in the plot order list box prior to the button click.

So if you have any chart with more than one series where you also want to hide certain series you cannot change the plot order in a easy way without having to go over the check boxes for which series should be visible afterwards.

If I change the plot order through a macro in VBA it works.

This must be a bug or bad design in Excel 2016. I suggest this should be change to work as it did in Excel 2013?

Kind Regards

Leyan

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anders Athley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base