Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Stock data type, Expense Ratio column

First of all, love the new Stock data type and can see this new feature getting better and better as time goes on.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is that the Expense Ratio column seems to be locked at 2 decimal places. ***.XX% for example. Checking one particular index fund from Vanguard (VINIX), they have the expense ratio listed for this fund as 0.035% but the Excel column brings it in at 0.040%.

It looks like their is either some rounding issue going on or the data source Excel is basing this off of has it saved as 0.040%. This discrepancy may not be big but in timescales of several decades of investing it does add up.

Thanks for the new feature!

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RomeroDogg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thanks for posting! I’m seeing that this is actually a bug in the data source and doesn’t have to do with a limit on the precision in the expense ratio field.

You can verify yourself that the incorrect data is replicated on Morningstar here: https://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/vinix/quote.html

Since this isn’t a feature request, I’m going to close this request as “declined”, and we will follow up with Morningstar about getting this fixed. For future reference you can report issues like this through the Excel “Send a smile” button in the top right of your Excel window.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JayJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can I expect to see this feature in my Office 365 Excel? The help page indicates it was supposed to be rolled out over several weeks beginning June 12 - it's now Sep 9 and I don't have it. I'm on Version 1808 Build 10730.20088. I was on the phone with Tech Support for over an hour, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Feedback and Knowledge Base