Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Graphics rendering for printing (bug fixes)

A few years ago I found a reproducible bug when putting a graphic (company logo) in the upper right corner of each 'printed' sheet of a worksheet (each column was set to be the width of one printed sheet). For reasons to extensive to discuss here, page header was not a good option. The graphic was moved (left/right) on page 1 only, subsequent pages were fine. Our only solution was to manually adjust the logo on page 1 until the physical print looked fine. This was all at 100% no zoom. IIRC, an Excel MVP was able to repro as well using my simplified example.

Today I was working in a sheet with some oversized cells due to lots of content, and I was trying to visually align certain blocks of content across columns by adding lines overlaying the cell(s). Some of those lines printed where expected, others printed above or below where they show on screen.

I realize some of this may be related to (blamed on) print drivers, but this has been across multiple employers, different versions of Excel, different printers and print drivers... so maybe there is /something/ that could be done on the front end to make Excel graphics more... friendly(?) for print drivers to interpret? Pretty please? :)

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

KERATL shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)