Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Insertion of a picture in a cell comment box

It would be nice to be able to insert a picture in a cell comment box. Currently text is all that is available. For instance, a picture of a part that is being described in a cell. The comment would show up when the pointer is on the cell like the text is now.

Thanks

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

greg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Lipp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a previous version of Excel I was able to insert a Picture from File into the Comment box within a cell on MacBook running macOS Mojave, version 10.14.5. With Microsoft Office Home Excel for Mac version 16.25 this feature, although appears, it's not functioning. After inserting a Comment box within a cell and the Comment box is selected, I click on Format in the menu bar and select Text Box, the Format Shape dialog opens and click on Text Fill. The option Picture or Texture Fill is available. Select Picture or Texture Fill and Insert picture from. Then select a PDF image from directory file and select Insert. But nothing happens; this feature doesn't function properly. This is the only method to insert a Picture from File into a Comment box I'm aware of. I don't wish to Insert a Picture using the Insert method because the image floats on top of the cells. I need the image(s) to only appear when you hover over the cell the image in contained within the Comment box. Will the Insert Picture from File into the Comment box return in an update? If so, when? If not, then this version of Excel is useless to me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so good for me, make life a lot easier and quicker. Any news on whether this is being considered?

Feedback and Knowledge Base