Improve Conditional Formatting
This covers several areas I think need massive improvement in Conditional Formatting.
The CF manager is terrible in general, but specifically
1. there should be a way to nest CFs for compounding rules
2. overlapping rule ranges should automatically merge themselves, as it is now, managing a CF which has gone through copy-paste (or Format Paints) several times are incredibly cumbersome to edit.
3. the Editor itself needs an overhaul to make it more user-friendly and powerful, at minimum, make it so you can select multiple rules, and so the window is resizable.
Rules themselves could use more options, be easier to create, and be more powerful all around.
1. you should be able to set more of a cell's format than you're limited to now
2. you should be able to set a range's format separately from cells. for instance, I'd like to be able to set cell merging from a CF.
I'd love to have the ability to enlarge or full screen the rules editor and multiple select / delete rules... it is such a long process when copy-pasted rules has lead to multiple instances.
(Worse even when accessing a file through a home network, selecting&deleting them one by one entails a lag in response where the application seems to crash for a few seconds until it becomes responsive again.)
Dzmitry Drazdou commented