Improve Conditional Formatting
This covers several areas I think need massive improvement in Conditional Formatting.
The CF manager is terrible in general, but specifically
1. there should be a way to nest CFs for compounding rules
2. overlapping rule ranges should automatically merge themselves, as it is now, managing a CF which has gone through copy-paste several times are incredibly cumbersome to edit.
3. the Editor itself needs an overhaul to make it more user-friendly and powerful, at minimum, make it so you can select multiple rules, and so the window is resizable.
Rules themselves could use more options, be easier to create, and be more powerful all around.
1. you should be able to set more of a cell's format than you're limited to now
2. you should be able to set a range's format separately from cells. for instance, I'd like to be able to set cell merging from a CF.
Simon Jewell commented
I'd like to add to this list. I agree that CF needs a general overhaul so that it works nicely with Tables.
Tables know about columns and rows but CF doesn't and it should. For example, if you add a new row to a table, the range of cells under the CF duplicates the format, so you end up with loads of duplicate rules that make editing the CF difficult. (Clearly the teams developing these features didn't work together.) It would be good to do a review so that the CF range uses the Table columns as references, in the same way that a power pivot table does for data fields, for example.
Dzmitry Drazdou commented
Yes, resizable window or comment field would be awesome!