Interoperability problem with Excel Online
I'm sharing a rather basic Excel 2016 file I've created with some other people so that they can enter data into it using Excel Online.
Very frequently, I'm facing the following issue: some cells containing (integer) numbers with the "General" formatting style have their formatting changed to "Accounting" resulting in "1" being displayed as "€ 1.00". If I fix this from the Excel 2016 side of the equation, it comes back some time later.
I'm unable to repro this by editing the file myself via Excel Online (I've tried using https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjBPRo9wXw9s2eZp7PUayA9Pg1rHaw), so it must be linked to some of the other people's environment: browser, OS, locale, regional settings...
I have exactly the same problem with spurious changes to Euro Accounting format style. There is a bug somewhere in Excel 2016.