Add a step or staircase chart to Type Of Charts
A step chart (or staircase chart) is needed. It could be a line or area. Nowadays line or area charts are "linear" type of charts, but very often step/staircase type would be much useful and easier to look at.
Gerdami Des Betes commented
Step charts are useful to display
- changes in the Federal Reserve's monetary policy
- snowfalls overnight
On step charts workarounds, see
- Michel Gerday's post at http://www.excelforum.com/excel-charting-and-pivots/513287-dynamic-step-chart-using-range-names.html
- https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/dynamic-step-chart-using-range-names.2397135/ (same as above)
- Jon Peltier's HowTo at https://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StepChart.html
- Minda Treacy's post at https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-step-charts
- Michel Gerday's further comment at https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-step-charts#comment-19997
Andrew Cross commented
This is also important to to me, but I'm skeptical the team will ever find this "uservoice".