How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Invert Filter Selection

I'd like to see an option to invert filter selections. For example: If i apply a filter in a table i can select some boxes with a tickmark, but if i want to invert my selection i need to unmark selected itens before and mark the others.

In resume, i'd like to invert itens selected in a filter for the others unmarked.

89 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eduardo Vale shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!!! Then the #N/A and blanks can be on the top so you don't have to scroll all the way down every time to find these! This is so basic and is done over and over that's it's amazing this option hasn't been available for years. Or at least just have the #N/A and blanks appear at the top of the list instead of at the bottom....that in itself would be a huge improvement!

• Jody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent suggestion. In addition to inverting the filter I would also like for the select all option to always remain in view. I tend to get ahead of myself and scroll down to the item I want to filter by and then realize that I needed all the others unchecked first. Of course an invert option would also solve this particular problem but keeping the select all option in view would still be useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base