Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

PlotBox chart

It seems that the PlotBox standard charting does not work as needed; also when I use "Select data" in a BoxPlot chart the dialog does not work properly.
1. If I select a table with headers, all the Boxplots are clustered together and can identify them only with the legend
2. I cannot have the Horizontal (category) Axis Labels working: if I select the headers on the X axis I only get one category
3. For my use I would need to combine the boxplots with a line for a single country but so far it does not seem possible (but I can for example using the Real-Statistics addin)
4. the "SwitchRows/Columns" is always blurred no matter how I select the data in the table

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was looking for this improvement as well. Glad to have boxplots. Now, I need the column headings to appear in the X-axis (currently I get the number '1' for all columns, and the data are clumped tightly together). This goes with also being able to separately adjust box width and gap width. Right now am using 'Axis Labels' and trying to use spacing to appropriately label each box width. I also insert blank columns in order to provide more spacing between data columns.

Feedback and Knowledge Base