How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Why DDE is not longer supportet

Hinweis : In einer früheren Version von Excel haben Sie möglicherweise den dynamischen Datenaustausch (Dynamic Data Exchange, DDE) in Kombination mit dem Seriendruck-Assistent mit Schritt-für-Schritt-Anweisungen in Word verwendet. DDE wird von Excel nicht mehr unterstützt. Wenn Sie möchten, dass dieses Feature bei der nächsten Version von Excel berücksichtigt wird, übermitteln Sie uns einen entsprechenden Kommentar in der Excel Suggestion Box.

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HilliHilli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments before 2017-05-01.
        The idea of end with the Excel DDE option is a EXTREMELY BAD one because it goes against the needs of the Excel users’ community.
        Any update to one of the any of the Office Programs must obey to the following simple principles:
        a) Make all the Office package easier to be used;
        b) Make all the Office package more powerful/useful;
        c) Make all the Office package more secure.

Wir benötigen für unsere Dokumente dringend die Serienverknüpfung DDE. Die Felder werden mit der OLE-Verknüpfung nicht korrekt übertragen.

Numeric data from an Excel data source that contains formatted numbers like percentages and currency values is not transferring correctly ($55,000.00 turns into 55000, or 6.0% turns into 0.060000) for Mail Merge. There is no longer the DDE option, so what do we use?

Feedback and Knowledge Base