How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Add "Run R Script" option to Excel 2016 and Excel 2013 "Power Query" add-in, as it is for Power BI.

In July 2016, a "Run R Script" option was added to Power BI Desktop. This option would be a huge benefit to have in Excel 2016 and Excel 2013 Power Query add-in also.

67 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Secret Stash shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pato lobos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have the R script in Power BI, why not here? Maybe you want to change it to Run "ML Script", so you can Call Python, R, AzureML, etc but please MAKE EXCEL GREAT AGAIN and pull R Scripts.... (I'm talking obviously about Power Query in Excel)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see both R and Python integrations given the direction of the data science community. But like others have mentioned, if its already in PowerBi, then it should be 'easy' to release it in Excel.

• Yury Yafimau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not bad. Not sure it will be ever done. The feature is likely to change Excel like Pivot table did in the past.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, R-Script with excel power query is the natural evolution, its already doing great in power bi, please add the R.Execute command to excel power query too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base