Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Colour QAT Icons in Dark Themes

Add the colour from the QAT icons available in the 'white' and 'colourful' themes into the QAT icons for 'dark gray' and 'black' themes. This would make the QAT icons much easier to see and access, especially in the 'dark gray' theme.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cameron_CSA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vipul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After last update, it has been noticed that the original colours of qat icons gone. Icon shapes also changed. Most importantly there is not option to revert back the update

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please save my eyes! I used the dark gray theme and then couldn't tell what my QAT icons were. I would love if the QAT icons could be colored while using the dark gray theme. Thanks for considering. Back to Colorful but using Win 10 night light settings (kills the blue light.) Better than blue light but would rather have dark gray Office everywhere.

• DavidG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back colorful 3D icons in the quick access tool bar, and have multiple color options rather than the three: gray, white and "colorful" (aka the same as the glairing hard to see white option, except with a touch of blue here and there.) for the office suite.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed colourful tool bar is easier to use and more interesting than plain grey or white. Just imagine movies going back to black and white !

• Amy Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company just switched to Office 2016 and I have to say I HATE the monochrome quick access toolbar. Those icons are just too small to differentiate easily now. Please bring back the color!!!

• Cameron_CSA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using office 2010 recently at a client's site. The QAT icons are coloured in this version, even with the dark theme. This makes selecting the correct icon a breeze. Please change the later versions to be similar to 2010 in this regard. The reduced size of the icons in 2010, is also favourable.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded, especially now that the QAT icons appear in monochrome in the colourful theme in the current build of Excel 2016.

Feedback and Knowledge Base