Standard Customized Charts
I am currently using Office 2010, I would love to have the possibility to create, for example, my personal line chart, with the dimension, layout, axes formats and so on stuff already standardized.
Something like a "Browse for template" but for charts :)
You can already create a “chart template format” and apply that to charts that you create in the future. To do it, follow these steps (from Excel 2016, but I think the 2010 steps are the same/similar):
1. Create the chart you want (all the series, etc.)
2. Format the chart the way you want it formatted (colors, font sizes, etc.)
3. Right click on the chart and choose “Save as Template…” in the context menu. Save the crtx file in the suggested location.
4. Now, create a new chart, give it all the data you want, but don’t worry about formatting anything.
5. Select the chart and on the Chart Tools > Design Ribbon, choose Change Chart Type
6. In the Change Chart Type dialog, select the “All Charts” tab at the top
7. In the list of chart types on the left, choose “Templates”
Now, you’ll see the Template you saved in step 3. Select that, and it will apply your formatting to the new chart.
Hope that helps,